F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Next up is wheels. I've been after a second set for a while, and this time I want to get a 17" set.

Are these my options? I'm going to stick with OEM and would like them to be from a truck around the same age as mine for accuracy purposes (lol).

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Automotive tire Tread

·
Moderstrator
1,960 Posts
Now.. what to do for tires. These will get roasted off, assuming they're more than a few years old.
I vote that you leave those on, do several videos of them getting burnt off, then replace them!

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
Tires will be 7 years old next week. Never used to be an issue but it seems the recommendation nowadays is new tires after 5 years. So maybe 118 mph is no longer a good idea?
Well, he’s gonna find out! I wanna see those tires go bang

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think no matter what your taste in modification is there is always a soft spot for a good sleeper in every tuners heart, a friend of mine had an E30 bmw that was turd brown, woollen sheep skin seat covers and even had winne the pooh window shades on the back winds to protect the decoy baby seat which put people off the scent of a 700bhp Toyota 1JZ under the bonnet.

I vote for the start of the BentRuby Sleeper Project :cool:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 · (Edited)
Bicycle part Material property Tool Font Automotive exterior

Eyewear Material property Metal Fashion accessory Rectangle

I have a ton of work planned in the coming weekend.

-replacing my spd downpipes with these from cvf. They are are the “scratch and dent”

- transmission fluid and fliter. It’s going to be nice and easy to do at the same time and the downpipes

- brake fluid, oil change, serpentine belt, coolant drain and fill, spark plugs

I’m considering the super 8.8 lsd upgrade as well, not for this weekend but maybe in a few weeks. thoughts? Is there a better option?
It’s either that or a set of tires, the budget won’t budge any further.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
View attachment 180575

View attachment 180577

-replacing my spd downpipes with these from cvf. They are are the “scratch and dent”

- transmission fluid and fliter. It’s going to be nice and easy to do at the same time and the downpipes

I’m considering the super 8.8 lsd upgrade as well, not for this weekend but maybe in a few weeks. thoughts? Is there a better option?

Wow that’s quite the undertaking! Have fun!

I’ve always seen people using the Eaton truetrac

·
Registered
83 Posts
View attachment 180575

View attachment 180577

Its like Christmas in July :)

The new pipes look amazing!, keen to see what the difference is like with them!

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
My 0-60 is improving! I’m not going to do any more 4x4 boosted launches though, I’m happy with this.. and something broke on my second attempt.

Your g’s look like mine. I think you got a .9 and I got .8 but our upper end g’s after the launch and the acceleration really starts, looks the same.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
My 0-60 is improving! I’m not going to do any more 4x4 boosted launches though, I’m happy with this.. and something broke on my second attempt.

Nice.......... what tuner for this run?

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,472 Posts
121 - 140 of 176 Posts