F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
After cj I'll be ready. Ordered 5100's front and rear yesterday, should be here in time for next weekend. I was thinking the 4600's would do fine but I found the 5100's for just $20 more,who could resist?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
When talking ride quality and handling the price difference is negligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Funny you should post this as I installed my 5100s yesterday as well. Funny thing with mods like this... if I had to do it one more time, it'd only take half the time... but I'll probably never have to do it again!

:eek:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Feel free to ask any questions.
Some help please
Ok... A couple or 3 questions for the thread. Need some honesty bout the right shock for our situation.

First .. We have pertnear 50K on the ole 2013 truck. Suspension is still stock, no add-ons. We tow a 5th wheel and the ride still is great but thinking it's about time to replace the ole stock Rancho's. Truck sets 2 1/2" higher in the rear unhitched and 1/8 - 1/4" high with the 5th wheel hooked up. Truck needs the 2 1/2" difference in height to ride pertnear level when towing. We tow quite a bit with it so we'd kinda need to keep the 2 1/2" rake.

1. Will a set Blisten 5100's for both the front & rear let me keep the same 2 1/2 " difference unloaded & give at least the great ride like we have now or
2. Do we need to look at different Blistein.
Just Spit balling here... Maybe an adjustable one for the front? So unloaded, front could be raised to ride level unloaded & then dropped back down when loaded. Is that a viable option and how much trouble would that be to readjust each time? or
#3. Go with Rancho's again?

Thanks
Milo

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Feel free to ask any questions.
Some help please
Ok... A couple or 3 questions for the thread. Need some honesty bout the right shock for our situation.

First .. We have pertnear 50K on the ole 2013 truck. Suspension is still stock, no add-ons. We tow a 5th wheel and the ride still is great but thinking it's about time to replace the ole stock Rancho's. Truck sets 2 1/2" higher in the rear unhitched and 1/8 - 1/4" high with the 5th wheel hooked up. Truck needs the 2 1/2" difference in height to ride pertnear level when towing. We tow quite a bit with it so we'd kinda need to keep the 2 1/2" rake.

1. Will a set Blisten 5100's for both the front & rear let me keep the same 2 1/2 " difference unloaded & give at least the great ride like we have now or
2. Do we need to look at different Blistein.
Just Spit balling here... Maybe an adjustable one for the front? So unloaded, front could be raised to ride level unloaded & then dropped back down when loaded. Is that a viable option and how much trouble would that be to readjust each time? or
#3. Go with Rancho's again?

Thanks
Milo
Yes the 5100’s will let you maintain the stock ride height. Shocks don’t affect ride height. The 5100’s in the front are adjustable yes, but are not simple to re-adjust down the road.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Whats the difference between the 6112 and 5100? They look very similar. Is it just that the 6112 comes with its own spring?

·
Registered
574 Posts
The shock body on the 6112 is substantially larger in diameter, and the spring rates are different. Apparently the spring rate is higher than most of the F150 configurations, but equal/slightly lower than a loaded Max Tow or HDPP.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts