F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 XLT Scab 2WD 2.7eb

So this morning my SYNC screen was blank (NOT SYNC 3). No clock, tried volume/power button, nothing. Got to work, shut off truck and re-started, voila! all is good. Now I have observed 2 or 3 times in the past, that when I went into reverse, the screen was blank. I would shift out of reverse and back to reverse and it would work. This morning I did not use reverse so that had nothing to do with the blank screen today. Any thoughts? Would the computer store any information on this? Hate to take it to the dealer if it's working.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If still under warranty I’d make them check it out. Could get real broke once warranty is out and real expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
If still under warranty I’d make them check it out. Could get real broke once warranty is out and real expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly! I believe @djfllmn stated that some models experienced APIM issues and some could be corrected with a flash and some needed to be replaced (creating a national backorder). If replacement is needed, the APIM module is quite costly if not still under warranty. ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Exactly! I believe @djfllmn stated that some models experienced APIM issues and some could be corrected with a flash and some needed to be replaced (creating a national backorder). If replacement is needed, the APIM module is quite costly if not still under warranty. ;)
correct, at least a grand all said and done

my truck acted up back on thanksgiving, no nav/radio or controls on the steering wheel or control stack. shut the truck off for a few hours. all good

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to be clear. This is the basic SYNC display, no navigation, no touch screen. If it is not acting up when I take it to the dealer, will they be able to see a "history" of it in the computer? I hate the idea of just throwing parts at repairs hoping something works. I feel like that just creates more problems down the road.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just to be clear. This is the basic SYNC display, no navigation, no touch screen. If it is not acting up when I take it to the dealer, will they be able to see a "history" of it in the computer? I hate the idea of just throwing parts at repairs hoping something works. I feel like that just creates more problems down the road.
they might be able to see a stored code, they will go through a guided diag test and see if it fails that. If so you get a new APIM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
djfllmn
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing