F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
you seem to be mad that I’m not responding the way you want.

Like I said before I’m not interested in arguing with you.
Mad? Nah, this is a forum dude. If I were in Texas, I would gladly sit down with you, have a beer and talk trucks. I seriously mean that.

I just find your style of replying to be mystifying. You make underhand statements constantly, then when called out, you deflect and only reply to whatever suits your cause to the day. You try to hold other's accountable, but don't ask the same of yourself.

On the actual topic of this thread, Tuning has been going pretty well and Dyno is set for May 31st. So we should be able to see what HO turbo's can do on a Gen 1, spinning 34" AT Tires.

·
Premium Member
3,180 Posts
Mad? Nah, this is a forum dude. If I were in Texas, I would gladly sit down with you, have a beer and talk trucks. I seriously mean that.

I just find your style of replying to be mystifying. You make underhand statements constantly, then when called out, you deflect and only reply to whatever suits your cause to the day. You try to hold other's accountable, but don't ask the same of yourself.

On the actual topic of this thread, Tuning has been going pretty well and Dyno is set for May 31st. So we should be able to see what HO turbo's can do on a Gen 1, spinning 34" AT Tires.
pointing out things i see isn’t underhanded, it’s called sharing information.

my posting “style” hasn’t changed, you can call it this that or whatever you want.

You keep making these statements about me changing my story/stance constantly.

Like I said before, just because you don’t like what I’m saying doesn’t mean what I said was inaccurate or false.

Deflection and misdirection, nah

beers and truck talk yes.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
pointing out things i see isn’t underhanded, it’s called sharing information.

my posting “style” hasn’t changed, you can call it this that or whatever you want.

You keep making these statements about me changing my story/stance constantly.

Like I said before, just because you don’t like what I’m saying doesn’t mean what I said was inaccurate or false.

Deflection and misdirection, nah

beers and truck talk yes.
It's the statements where you don't point out things, but make underhanded comments like Post #210. I provided actual examples of items that RMB has worked on, are in folks motors and you had to make a absolutely asinine over the top response.

I'm not saying your changing your story at all. I'm saying that you deflect and try to point the finger somewhere else when you're being held accountable for your statements. Again, Post #210 is a great example.

Not trying to argue, just asking you to provide a straight forward response that includes a actual answer. You want to state your opinion, absolutely 100% part of a discussion. Just back it up.

But whatever, it's a forum. Who cares.

·
Premium Member
3,180 Posts
Genuinely curious, but what has Justin Wheeler done?

I guess Ryan doing Pistons, Rings, Cams, Rods, Heads and cylinder bracing to his specs is nothing then?

EDIT: and 4.2 Stroker Cranks, Billet 3.5 Cranks, Spec King Bearings....man it's a long list!
I didn't know he designed and manufactured: Pistons, Rings, Cams, Rods, Heads and cylinder bracing, crank and billet cranks.

I was under the impression that he got all of those from companies designed and manufactured them.

Did he invent the ecoboost as well?
not sure what changed in my story

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
im curious on why the Full race Drop in upgrades are double the price on the 17+ vs the 11-16 3.5L
They are from Precision Turbo and they set the pricing. Looks to me like Precision thinks there is a market for them, but time will tell when the price starts dropping.

Check out what GearHead tuning is doing too. Probably worth the call if you’re looking at options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
They are from Precision Turbo and they set the pricing. Looks to me like Precision thinks there is a market for them, but time will tell when the price starts dropping.

Check out what GearHead tuning is doing too. Probably worth the call if you’re looking at options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You mean these 17+ turbos?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
You mean these 17+ turbos?

what are the airflow gains?
At least 5lbs/min per turbo on the compressor side, but then you are bumping against the flow limit of the modified (but still stock size) turbine. The good news is that there is plenty of compressor margin to give similar power output at altitude as available at sea level.

·
Registered
211 Posts
At least 5lbs/min per turbo on the compressor side, but then you are bumping against the flow limit of the modified (but still stock size) turbine. The good news is that there is plenty of compressor margin to give similar power output at altitude as available at sea level.

Price per power gain doesn't seem to fit currently. Doesn't seem to be much further than the 2018 HO turbo. CAI and good exhaust taking some stress off ive seen upwards of 60lbs/min range??

·
Registered
131 Posts
Price per power gain doesn't seem to fit currently. Doesn't seem to be much further than the 2018 HO turbo. CAI and good exhaust taking some stress off ive seen upwards of 60lbs/min range??
Extra 10 lbs/min is 100 hp on pump gas capability.... And I'm comparing stock turbo tune kept below 220000 rpms as well. Above that rpm starts to accelerate wear on the center section greatly...

221 - 236 of 236 Posts
About this Discussion
235 Replies
24 Participants
SeTXathlete14
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing