F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a decent system in my 13 F150. Of course, with my new truck, it's time to step if up a notch. :)

So far I have installed the following:

Helix E Series 6.5" comps up front with matching 6.5" coaxials in the rear doors. Also installed hushmat to each door (approx. 2 square feet per door... Will be throwing more on in the future).

A Knukonceptz Kolossus OFC 4 gauge amp kit feeds the JL JX500/1d monoblock which is connected to a 10" JL TW3 sub, in a box I made myself, under the rear seat. My goal is to fabricate a box to fit behind the rear seats, but that won't be for a while.

Back to the front speakers... I finished one a pillar tonight to house the Helix tweeter. See the pics below. I also have 2 sets of FAST rings on order that I will install along with more sound deadening.

Finishing off is the piece I am most excited about...an Audison AP8.9 bit amp/dsp combo. With that installed I will be able to go active on my front speakers...the dsp is supposed to be among the best. That's still a couple weeks away from being installed, though, as I also need to order 50' of Stinger Speedwire.

I will update more...and get pics of the installed speakers as I go.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nicely done on that A-pillar. :)

E 62C.2 ?

Are those the tweeters can tilt?
You betcha :) That's the main reason I wanted them mounted like this vs. In the stock location. Plus it just looks darn nice.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sub setup.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, stock radio. I just grabbed the signal from the front drivers door speaker and wired into the amps speaker level input. Counting down the days until I install an audison 8.9 and start tuning :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finished installing the Audison AP8.9 Bit over the weekend. Sound is night and day better than stock...even without any tuning of the dsp. Still have a lot of wiring to tidy up...just not sure if I am going to leave everything where it is or mount it behind the seat. 20180311_153917.jpg

Few pics of the install...

20180308_192114.jpg 20180310_141921.jpg 20180310_143712.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well damn. I finally found another benefit from being around military jets for 30 years. Too much hearing and tone frequency loss to bother spending $$$$ on a system like that. I typed that loudly so I could hear it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^^ lmao ^^^^

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did a few things...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So things have changed a bit since I last posted. :)

Now am running an active 3-way setup up front with a-pillar pods I fabbed myself, added a Gladen amp to handle the rear fill speakers, and have a set of Focal K2 Power 6.5s ordered for the front doors. Lastly I will be upgrading my bass setup to a 12" Rockford Fosgate P1S1 and a Gladen RC 1200 amp.

20180821_213240.jpg 20181215_085913.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts