F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the 3.5 . I have had several occasions, mostly on hard acceleration, where mine stumbles and struggles and a small bit of valve chatter(I think). It acts like it’s starving for fuel or air. It doesn’t do this all the time- and, of course, the dealer can’t find anything wrong. I don’t know if it’s connected, but the auto start is automatically disabled every time it’s happened.
Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have the same stumbling issue. Mine always occurs when I I'm on the throttle after being stopped. Mine does not make any noise at all, it actually sounds like the motor turned off. It usually seems to occur around 3rd or 4th gear but not positive. I have never noticed if the engine starts/stop has been engaged. I will have to look for that the next time it happens. but I have had mine at the shop as well and of course they couldn't figure it out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Modinstrator
3,019 Posts
Could the “valve chatter“ you describe be a ping or knock?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first time I took it in it had a check engine light on. They said that it coded “cam sensor” they reset it and it hasn’t came back on

·
Registered
6 Posts
How many miles on this Ecoboost? Have you looked at/ replaced the MAP sensor in/ on the intake manifold. Will probably find it coated with oil. Check it out and see if cleaning helps.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Now
. It’s doing this every cold start now. Dealership says it’s normal
Give you some good advice, take it to a different dealership and never go back to the dealership again. That is absolutely the vct phasers and they need to be replaced. There was an updated part that came out January 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
5,829 Posts

I know at least three different people with 2019’s that had this done as well, same exact sound

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Give you some good advice, take it to a different dealership and never go back to the dealership again. That is absolutely the vct phasers and they need to be replaced. There was an updated part that came out January 2020

Thanks for the sound advice. I will take it elsewhere. I thought there was something fishy going on there.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
2,317 Posts
Good luck !

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Thanks for the sound advice. I will take it elsewhere. I thought there was something fishy going on there.
it really sucks how when dealership will say it’s normal or nothing to worry about yet another dealership will be like, wow! Yeah that ain’t right!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts