F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got CRP stage 4's installed. I had originally planned on shipping my stockers back to CRP for their refund, but I'd rather support someone here directly - and not have to deal with shipping internationally!

$600 for the pair, plus shipping. If you'd like more pictures, other angles or whatnot, just let me know. They're sitting in my office right now.

EDIT: They have SPD adapters already. ;)

Hand Handwriting Fluid Finger Gas

·
Registered
2017 XLT S-Crew 4x4
99 Posts
Just got CRP stage 4's installed. I had originally planned on shipping my stockers back to CRP for their refund, but I'd rather support someone here directly - and not have to deal with shipping internationally!

$600 for the pair, plus shipping. If you'd like more pictures, other angles or whatnot, just let me know. They're sitting in my office right now.

EDIT: They have SPD adapters already. ;)

View attachment 174321
Dumb question.... Are these bigger than my 2017 3.5s and would I have to do anything crazy to get them to bolt up?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe they upped the size in 2018, but don't quote me on it - I know the answer is on this forum somewhere; I'm quite sure I've read it at some point. As far as how to bolt them up, hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in!

Reactions: Maui4x4

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,100 Posts
Dumb question.... Are these bigger than my 2017 3.5s and would I have to do anything crazy to get them to bolt up?
Not a dumb question because there is just enough information on the forum to be confusing.

Here's how I understand what little I understand:

In 2018 Ford quietly switched from the turbos it used on the recently released Gen2 F150 (2017 model) to the same Turbo they used on the Raptor. Which probably explains why they did it quietly because they WANT to differentiate the "HO" Raptor motor from the non-Raptor motor.

Anyways, I remember when I got my 2018 and started experimenting with tunes from 5* and GearHead, initially neither of them were aware that my 18 had different turbos than the 2017's they had been tuning. So technically I was getting the same tunes you would have gotten on your 17.

Then a few months went by and a certain 3.5EB guru notified me directly that my truck had the bigger turbos and that the tuners were starting to figure this out too because of the logging. Once it was all verified, the tunes were all altered to take advantage of it.

(I immediately took my truck to GearHead and put it on their dyno. They dialed it in to my liking and I ran that tune for the next 3 years)

I said all that just to explain that the turbos for sale here are indeed a little bigger, or better flowing, than your 17's. I do NOT think it's a huge leap because there really isn't a huge leap between the HO and non-HO, and less once you decide to tune. But the 2017 is the ONE model year that on paper will benefit uniquely from these turbos. :)

However, I have NO idea how swappable they are. I don't know what is required? Do they just bolt up identically to the existing 2017? And if you just bolt them on, does the existing software on the truck automatically leverage the additional potential?

Hopefully some one comes along and answers those questions.

If I had a 2017 and these were easy enough to swap, I'd buy these turbos in a heartbeat. :)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,100 Posts
They are bigger and are a direct swap. They can flow roughly 50hp more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YOU are who I most hoped would answer the question. Something told me that you knew. :)

Reactions: BRoell

·
Premium Member
10,100 Posts
I just need to convince the Mrs to agree, thank you for the answers everyone.
If the tuners couldn't tell by LOOKING, I don't think your wife could either. :)

Just kidding, of course.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
They have your wastegate mounting bracket for sale now? Or what kit are you referring to?
Full Race sells the vacuum WG mounts and the pivoting WGs now. Just gotta email for the mounts.

The kit they sell is to convert the Water lines to AN.

Other than the usual gaskets and stuff you need.
Gen2 turbos
Gen1 Turbine Housings
Gen2 oil lines
Pivoting WG’s
WG mount plates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 XLT S-Crew 4x4
99 Posts
Wife gave me the ok but I'm having second thoughts as I might not be able to pull off this swap in driveway... The want is strong though now and having a hard time saying no.

How many miles are on them?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I might not be able to pull off this swap in driveway..
I hear ya, though from what I've read it's more of a time-consuming thing, than a HARD thing. FWIW I had mine installed at my dealership (two blocks away, and small town - got a pretty good relationship with them).

How many miles are on them?
Just over 52k.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
933 Posts
It is not a difficult task, especially since you don’t have to change much. Time consuming, yes. But I can tell you there is a significant difference once complete…

Definitely the cheaper way to go, plus you will be eliminating the OEM turbo coolant parts that are prone to leaking.

Tapatalk - it’s like bacon, for your phone.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
plus you will be eliminating the OEM turbo coolant parts that are prone to leaking
This really is a big benefit "while you're in there". I went with the Full-Race AN lines.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I want to do AN lines when I replace my manifolds... But alas, I have the older model. 😕

1 - 20 of 57 Posts