F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
With the new Full-Race Kit, this isn't too bad to do. Costs about a grand outside of the cost of the turbo's.
Plus the cost of CRP stage 5 wheels…

If I swapped turbos it’d likely be to gen2 ‘HO’ with stage 5 upgrades
Or baby g series

I know the 18+ turbos I can swap the turbine housing and wastegate setup and let it roll. G22 I’m not sure what it’d take yet. Maybe hybrid exhaust manifold or something

But all the turbo in the world won’t make good power with damaged phasers. I’ll start there unless nobody jumps on these turbos

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
931 Posts
@BRoell hey man, I am sorry but I do not follow what you are saying...

I have a 2015 (G1 engine) and did a 2019 turbo swap...gained a HUGE amount of power...did not need anything special other than what was already available. I did not need CRP wheels, custom manifolds, etc.

Please elaborate.

·
Registered
698 Posts
@BRoell hey man, I am sorry but I do not follow what you are saying...

I have a 2015 (G1 engine) and did a 2019 turbo swap...gained a HUGE amount of power...did not need anything special other than what was already available. I did not need CRP wheels, custom manifolds, etc.

Please elaborate.
My bad, a bit off topic and TMI for this thread. I should clarify this is my pea-brained opinion for my situation.
I currently have a 2011 with GT/OEM+ turbos, so I’m not sure if the stock 18+HO turbos would be enough of an upgrade for my taste. And I believe the 2015+ exhaust manifolds are different shape/ turbine outlet.

1- keep GTs
2-buy these 18+ turbos and swap my gen1 turbine housing and wastegate linkage
3- buy these turbos and swap turbine housing and wastegate linkage, then upgrade the wheels
4- go straight to g22s and figure out a way to bolt up to my exhaust manifold

·
Registered
158 Posts
@Scott91370 you can! Exactly what I did before I did the G2 swap. I did a write up on how to do it, its somewhere on here!
I also have a Gen 1 2016 and would like to know...
1. If these would fit my truck?
2. If so what parts do I need to do it?
3. How do I convince my wife that this is an absolutely necessary thing to do? LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I also have a Gen 1 2016 and would like to know...
1. If these would fit my truck?
2. If so what parts do I need to do it?
3. How do I convince my wife that this is an absolutely necessary thing to do? LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You need
OEM Gen 2 Oil lines
Full Race Gen2 Water Line to AN conversion Kit
Full Race TurboSmart Pivoting WasteGates
Full Race Gen2 Electric to Vacuum WG adapter mounts
A set of Gen 1 Turbine Housings (you can use the ones from your original Turbos)
All the Gaskets/Fasteners
A good mechanical working knowledge. You have to know to do things like clock the turbos correctly and make some tweaks as this is a completely custom install.

These Gen2 Turbos are a fair amount larger than the BW upgrades available for our Gen1's.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
931 Posts
@Blown F-150 hit the nail on the head...what he said is what you need...

It is a vast improvement. I am on my 5th tune revision and am very impressed with the capabilities these have unlocked on my truck.

As far as your spousal unit...only you can get that worked out. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
931 Posts
If you have all the parts in hand it really is a simple task. Time consuming, yes, but not difficult.

Remove front wheels and inner fender liners...drain oil/coolant, unbolt DP, remove OEM coolant and oil lines, remove turbo's, install FR AN kit, trim G2 oil lines, install G2 oil lines, install turbo's with new gaskets/hardware, clocking appropriately, reattach DP, fill oil/coolant, prime oil, start and check for leaks, install inner liners, revise tune...boom.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Message sent

Reactions: Mike2019SCrew

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Bump - these are still for sale. If no one is interested in the next week or so, I'm going to pack them up and ship them to CRP, as I had originally planned.
Again, I'd rather support someone here - but these are not making me any money sitting here taking up space!

Reactions: eeore39648

·
Registered
986 Posts
I really want to do this but am a little worried I wouldn't get all the right parts to get them in my 2015. I know Blown F150 listed the parts but for some reason I'm still nervous about it.

I see FullRace has these:
Oil/Water Kit: Full-Race 2017+ 3.5L EcoBoost F-150 / Raptor AN Turbo Coolant Line Upgrade Kit
Gaskets/Studs: OEM Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost Twin Turbo Install Kit

But didn't see these on their page: Full Race TurboSmart Pivoting WasteGates and Full Race Gen2 Electric to Vacuum WG adapter mounts

Is there an AN replacement fo rthese? OEM Gen 2 Oil lines

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
931 Posts
I did it on my 2015, it’s a breeze.

Contact Geoff at FR and he will get you the correct parts.

After my 9th revision…the truck is stupid powerful and keeps getting better. It helped the towing IMMENSELY.

You will not be disappointed.

I will give you a disclaimer that was not given to me:

Whomever your tuner is will probably require you to pay the “big turbo tune” price…rightly so. They will revise until it is right….

Just be forewarned. I had to wait a week before I could get that process started so I could pay the man!

Not complaining at all, goes back to the point…you get what you pay for!

Tapatalk - it’s like bacon, for your phone.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Alright y'all, I'm packing these up and sending them to CRP tomorrow. If anyone is interested and is just waiting on funds, please let me know and I'll hold them for a while longer.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Alright y'all, I'm packing these up and sending them to CRP tomorrow. If anyone is interested and is just waiting on funds, please let me know and I'll hold them for a while longer.
Let me email Geoff at Full Race and see what the parts will cost. I'll go do that right now so hopefully I can get info from him quickly. As soon as I hear back from him I'll let you know - hopefully later today.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Sounds good man, just let me know. No huge rush.

Reactions: Scott91370

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
969 Posts
This really is a big benefit "while you're in there". I went with the Full-Race AN lines.
I can’t remmeber, did you get your twins installed by a shop or did you do it yourself?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts