F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, of course I am leaning towards GH tunes for the first set of tunes for the 19...... Going to have to do some research and get some good feedback from you all...... ;)

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
So, of course I am leaning towards GH tunes for the first set of tunes for the 19...... Going to have to do some research and get some good feedback from you all...... ;)
Oh come on. Lol

You already know what everyone is going to say. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Try the preloads!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try the preloads!
I hear ya, I always forget about those darn canned tunes...... hard to run those when you have lived the life of custom tunes, even on my diesel days. I will update my sct tonight, pull the strategy code to send off to Matt and then load the canned tunes........

·
Registered
214 Posts
Best feedback is try them all. Gather your own opinion based off your habits and likings. Too many fanboys and different goals in a tune.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took over an hour to update my SCT Tuner...... so tomorrow I will attempt load the canned tunes and then order my custom tunes really really soon

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got confirmation from Matt, he is tuning the 19s. So I will send in my order tonight!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
GH tuning ALL the way! I've had another set of tunes in my 18 3.5 since December while I waited for the GH team to finalize their tune for my BDX tuner. The day before i left on a 5k mile road trip GH went way outta their way to get my performance tune to me in time to load it in. WOW is all i can say, smoother shifting through all the gears, crisper throttle response, smoother kickdown into passing gear and 22.5 MPG average via doing the math, 24.6 if you trust the truck computer. I can't say enough good about Matt and the team at Gearhead Tuning. I'll be a customer for life!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GH tuning ALL the way! I've had another set of tunes in my 18 3.5 since December while I waited for the GH team to finalize their tune for my BDX tuner. The day before i left on a 5k mile road trip GH went way outta their way to get my performance tune to me in time to load it in. WOW is all i can say, smoother shifting through all the gears, crisper throttle response, smoother kickdown into passing gear and 22.5 MPG average via doing the math, 24.6 if you trust the truck computer. I can't say enough good about Matt and the team at Gearhead Tuning. I'll be a customer for life!
Of course....... I have the GH 2019 tunes coming shortly!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Definitely try the pre-loaded tunes! Now nothing against custom tunes at all (I will be working with a certain someone shortly on my '18 3.5), but the 91 octane tune on my BDX impressed the hell out of me.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Definitely try the pre-loaded tunes! Now nothing against custom tunes at all (I will be working with a certain someone shortly on my '18 3.5), but the 91 octane tune on my BDX impressed the hell out of me.
Too late, the GH customs made it onto the device already before I could load the canned tunes :eek:

Try to get them into the truck tonight!!

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
So how did you like them? Any feedback ?
I think he ended up buying a couple Tunes from a couple other companies, sounded like there wasn't enough umph for him.

I could be wrong but that's how I took it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So how did you like them? Any feedback ?
The GH tunes are in and the truck runs better....... Good tune, but I honestly expected more. The 10spd trans performance with the GH tune isn't much better than the stock trans tune... The GH tune in my 15 Eco 6spd you could feel a good difference in power and the trans performance was night and day.... not so much in the 19.

I have now got some 5* tunes loaded in my SCT ready to go in, and BCB Tunes expected anytime now in my email...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts