21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Administrator
9,584 Posts
Well, I am back..... Lots to say about the 19 and its towing ability.....

1st off, the 5* tow tune is a beast........

second......... I have never experienced the trailer sway thing like this 19 F-150 produced on this trip in just 12mph of side wind.... same hitch, same trailer as I towed with my 15 F-150, that by the way never swayed left or right.....ever!

No happy with the trailer sway..... at all... it was down right scary a couple of times

Trip up the mountain, 3 1/2 hr from sea level to over 6500ft... 93 degrees out... pulled the mountains at an average of 65mph... never seen the trans get over 219..... averaged 11.1 mpg for the trip... Sometimes on the flats she was rolling rigt at 68-70mph with ease... I know I could have backed off, but I wanted to put the truck through it on its 1'st trip

coming home, kept it pretty much at 65mph..... 12 mph siode wind when I hit the flats.... WOW... the trailer sway was all over the place..... after coming out of an over pass crossing under, the trailer sway light kicked on the decreased the power.... scared the crap out of the wife...Lol

After that it was white knucles for the last 70 miles, with 12mph side wind...... I am not happy at all with the sway!!!!
I've experienced the sway control kicking in one time...It was a harrowing experience. I was thankful for the intervention, but it damn near lets you shat yourself first before it kicks in.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
On my 2015 F150 I bought the tow mirrors like on the heavy duty.....

This time I opted for these clip-ons. actually really simple, easy and store able (comes with nice bag). They work great, don't make wind noise and no vibration.... best $45 bucks ever on amazon!

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I understand they do...
I think maybe the raptor got different turbos in 19. They are port shrouded and have new turbines. I think the regular 3.5 might be the same.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I think maybe the raptor got different turbos in 19. They are port shrouded and have new turbines. I think the regular 3.5 might be the same.
I thought the same, and looking at replacement part #s, seems they are the same.... but I am no expert....

I'll do some research...

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Tweaks for the Raptor are a little more subtle. Goslawski explained that there are really four significantly different power-parts a Raptor gets that a regular F-150 doesn’t:
- New pistons, which allow for higher compression.
  • The compressor wheel on the turbo, which allows for a peak boost of 18 psi.
  • The exhaust, which is a true dual system on the Raptor with a stainless manifold instead of cast-iron.
  • And cooling, which gets an extra cooling radiator right up front in the engine bay with dedicated fans that, “yes, are submersible in mud.”

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So it sounds like other than some cooling & internal upgrades there is exhaust enhancements and turbine wheel changes. I am going to assume they made a few tuning changes as well.... the internal and cooling was for peace of mind for the added hp and tq I assume...

Basically what you get with a mildly modded F150 with a tune and exhaust changes......

wondering how much more a tuner can pull off those numbers of the Limited with just tuning changes.....

they cliam 450hp and a tad of 500 tq.... crank for the limited....... so that very interesting..

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
Aren't 18's & 19's, with any of the current name-brand tunes, putting out well north of that to the crank?

A very safe and fairly conservative tune is getting 420+ RWHP. Not sure what driveline losses are, but wouldn't that get you HO crank numbers?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

21 - 31 of 31 Posts