F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forums and own a 2019 F-150 XLT 2.7L Ecoboost with the Sport Appearance package 4WD. I made the mistake of ordering my truck without the FX4 package. I would like to buy the FX4 Skid plates to go under my truck to replace the mesh/fiber plate that goes under the oil pan. Has anyone done this before? And if so can you please provide some images of what the skid plates look like under the engine and oil pan so I can order them from the dealer.

Appreciate the help in advance.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
I have the FX4 package and the fiberous cover underneath the oil pan is similar even for FX4.

The metal skid material is the cover(s) forward of that location, so you didn't really miss out on what you think.

I believe there are aftermarket metal covers that protect and extend across the areas you are concerned with. And far more likely to offer real protection.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the FX4 package and the fiberous cover underneath the oil pan is similar even for FX4.

The metal skid material is the cover(s) forward of that location, so you didn't really miss out on what you think.

I believe there are aftermarket metal covers that protect and extend across the areas you are concerned with. And far more likely to offer real protection.

Thank you, I ordered the metal skid plate that goes in front of the fiber cover in hopes it would replace the fiberous mesh plate but my dealers parts department did not have any good advice. I ordered another metal plate that looks to cover that mid section where the fiber plate goes but I'm assuming its off of a raptor then because you said your FX4 package has the same fiber plate.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
I'm just not sure Ford has much to offer for real protection other than the thin metal FX4 plate that protects the front differential area.

But as mentioned, there are some nice products out there, but not inexpensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts