F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 F150 with 43k miles. Just about a month ago while driving home from work, all the electronic started turning on and off. All my key settings started resetting. Headlights and taillights were blinking on and off. Eventually the truck was turning off and on repeatedly. I pulled over, turned off the truck, pulled out the key, and the flashing of lights and dash continued. This eventually stopped and the truck was restarted and driven to the mechanic. Battery checked out good, but showed numerous low voltage alarms throughout the vehicle modules. These alarms were cleared and the auto start stop plug on the side of the battery was plugged back in. I a, confident the start stop plug is not the problem. It has been unplugged for year. The mechanic could not find nothing else. I picked the truck up after three days of it not acting like that. Three weeks later, after no issues, I had another problem. The horn went off while the truck was parked, turned off, with no key in ignition. I had to disconnect the horn to stop that.
has anyone experienced anything like this.
Any ideas of what to look for

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
Just a long shot, and not exactly the same description of symptoms, other than the similarity of bizarre electrical behavior.

And it is a very recent thread. This fella was VERY fortunate to come across what looks to be the culprit, because otherwise the normal technique of process-of-elimination might have been expensive and time consuming.

You don't have to read the whole thread, of course, but it might get you thinking.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts