F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 4x4
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Recently found this forum online and seems like a good group of people contributing.

I did have a MBRP 4" Cat-back exhaust last year and it was just obnoxious. feedback from my neighbors wasn't too thrilled about the cold starts. took it off after 3 months of it being on. I understand most cat-back exhausts are going to be somewhat loud, but I'm wondering if there are any systems that are recommended by you guys that wont be as loud as the 4" MBRP, but give it a "better" sound over stock. I'm open to almost anything. I do have a S&B cold air intake, maybe that will help with recommendations.

thank you for reading this, and if you consider responding.
thank you for that as well.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,547 Posts
You aren't gonna find anything that makes a small V6 sound "better than stock". You will find lots that sound louder, however.

Reactions: HunterB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me rephrase my objective then,

I'm aware it is going to be louder, I meant to say that I was wanting louder(better than stock because its so dang quiet) but not as loud as the MBRP 4", or a Borla ATAK. like not that level of loud.

I've been looking around on YouTube and a bit of this webpage. I'm just looking for pointers when it comes to systems.
ideally I would like to get a duel out the back exhaust, similar to the Raptor( I will not be doing a grill swap, just enjoy the exhaust look). just looking for guidance in choosing. like for example are their any mufflers that I could purchase to help with the sound as compared to the "straight pipe" of the MBRP 4". I keep referring to it as it is my only experience with aftermarket Eco boost, and no one i personally know have done anything with their Eco boost.

·
Modinstrator
3,111 Posts
AWE has some specials going right now on our forum. They also have a lot of videos you can listen to and watch.

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Maybe just take off the resonator. Several have done that and like the small difference.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Resonator. Take it off. A bigger longer quality muffler might deepen the tone tho. Maybe single in dual out but not huge pipes. Maybe 3" in, dual 2.5" out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Resonator. Take it off. A bigger longer quality muffler might deepen the tone tho. Maybe single in dual out but not huge pipes. Maybe 3" in, dual 2.5" out.
yeah that's kind of the exact idea I had, just was undecided on muffler.
now if we are talking mufflers....what system(s) would be recommended that is a full system, and has a muffler that would fit my needs??

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Magnaflow makes some large long si/do mufflers. A muffler shop doesn't need a kit. They put the vehicle on a lift and you tell them what you want and they show you what they can do.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Obnoxious doesn't begin to describe that MBRP 4" exhaust! I still have mine, as I a) always have other things that need my money when I have the cash to replace it, and b) drive solo most of the time and have gotten somewhat used to it. However, any time I have a passenger, it's like it makes itself even louder. I think that's my New Year's resolution for 2021, "de-teenage boy" my truck! Great tip re. Magnaflow and resonator removal Arkansas Eco, thanks!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Have you considered the stock exhaust and aftermarket downpipes combo? Then you'll at least get a small performance bump and slight volume increase instead of ONLY volume increase with an exhaust

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you considered the stock exhaust and aftermarket downpipes combo? Then you'll at least get a small performance bump and slight volume increase instead of ONLY volume increase with an exhaust

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
i haven't really put much thought into downpipes, I paid for the 7-year warranty on my truck well before I considered doing mods that went beyond lift, tires, and basic exhaust. i would assume downpipes would then void any warranty if I threw a code? i do like what ArkansasEco was suggesting with the muffler on stock pipes. might look into that, but will still keep a look out on any good deals.

·
Registered
2018 XL Supercab 2.7l 4wd
23 Posts
I did the same thing...stock was too quiet so I removed resonator. That was a decent sound and should have stopped.
I bought the Solo performance dual exhaust with the Mach40 muffler and the system is nice quality but I felt like a ricer!
I then put a Flowmonster round muffler/ resonator along with the Mach 40 and it was better but I was still embarrassed.
Called Solo and get the Mach44 muffler which is like 22" long compared to 14.
This is perfect.

·
Registered
2018 XTR 2.7L. Ruby Red 4x4. 3.73 rear AEM Dryflow drop-in, MBRP 3" dual exit exhaust.
16 Posts
I have the MBRP 2.5" setup on my 2.7 and its a little "drony". Its a single in and a dual out to twin tailpipes with tips. The good thing about that system is the price was right.

·
Registered
2018 XL Supercab 2.7l 4wd
23 Posts
I have the MBRP 2.5" setup on my 2.7 and its a little "drony". Its a single in and a dual out to twin tailpipes with tips. The good thing about that system is the price was right.
If you want to cut that drone, get a Flowmonster round muffler and put it in the straight where the stock resonator was. I did that first and it knocked the drone down, but did not affect the volume out the back.

·
Registered
2018 XTR 2.7L. Ruby Red 4x4. 3.73 rear AEM Dryflow drop-in, MBRP 3" dual exit exhaust.
16 Posts
I've started to consider other mufflers as a changeout. It's wise to keep the stock exhaust system, as I did.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive got a good video of the sound of my exhaust but my license plate is showing...lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts