F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Still looking at getting back into an F-150 before the end of the year.

Out of curiosity, what is the most amazing deal someone has scored at the end of the year on one? With the 0 percent available, I have actually been considering a Lariat with 502a or something equivalent, if one could be had for 10k or more off of sicker. 50K is about my limit of what I would consider spending. I'm in Southern Wisconsin.

This is a truck I have been looking at, what do you guys think it could be had for?

For reference, a few dealers are advertising some good pricing, wondering if its legit or any hidden scams

·
Registered
79 Posts
It seems like I’ve seen people getting close to 20% off sticker in total value. With that I mean that includes any financing discounts.

I did the same evaluation last year (thread is here somewhere).

I was surprised when I really got shopping that the Lariat package I wanted was so close to a King Ranch. I ended up selecting the King Ranch. There are definitely some unnecessary, but nice, upgrades on the KR.

I had an x-plan discount from work which made shopping easy. It provides access to a Ford website where all dealers are on one website. The base price is similar to what a dealer advertises on the internet, maybe slightly better. I bought at the end of October and got another $3k cash back and kept 0% apr for 6 years.

KR May stay on the lot longer and if you wait it out maybe can get a better discount. I saw 2018 KR online in south Florida all through the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Part of the reason I'm looking at the truck in the link is that it has the sport 18 wheels. So many of the trucks that are on dealer lots here with Lariat and all of the KR have the expensive option for the 20" wheels. Not sure if I'm missing something, but with the winter conditions here, I definitely want a decent treaded tire, and there seem to be more options in the 18 when the time comes. My last F-150 made a lot of brake dust up front, and it seems like having those sport 18 wheels would hide a lot of that as well. I don't think I've ever seen a KR without the 20's. Spending 1295 or more to get 20's seems like a waste to me. I do like the look of the KR leather though.

Anyways, hoping to find one at a great price before the end of the year!

·
Premium Member
4,871 Posts
KR 20's with 35'' KO2
And with Limited 22's with street rubber

The 22's are powder coated to match KR

Tire choices aren't bad for 20's these days
2-tire (1).jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Honestly a good 20in tire doesnt cost that much more than a good 18 (at least where i am) its more about sidewall give i suppose

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I finally ended up making a purchase. I decided not to spend the extra 10k to get a Lariat, and ended up with a very nice deal on an XLT/302a. (15K off of sticker with rebates)

I'm posting this so it can hopefully help others.

I researched and got quotes from many dealers in the Wisconsin and Illinois area. The best advertised pricing came from Van Horn Ford's website. I actually made the purchase there, and didn't run into any gimmicks or sleazy things like I have with other dealers. The had a paperwork fee, but I was able to get a price a couple hundred lower than that to help offset it. They also included lifetime oil changes.

If you are in the area, give them a shot. It was a pretty pleasant experience!

If not in the area, at least take a look at their website to use in your negotiations elsewhere, for now at least they are advertising good pricing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts