F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
well, debated posting but I am going to any ways..... the GH tunes are in and I am not overly impressed at all..... Its not much more of a difference over the stock tune actually... although the Trans performance is greatly improved, it drives nice and the truck has no lag, which is better than the stock tune and the turn around/customer service was amazing, as always.

I unloaded the GH tune and did some hits with stock tune... did the same with loaded GH tunes again.... I will say it is stronger than stock.... but not what I would have expected given my 2015 and how it ran..... I guess the track will be the true sign....... will get there in the next couple of weeks
Certainly give it some time to make sure you're OAR has had time to adjust. I'm looking forward to seeing how it does on the track.

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
Made it to the track last night. Got 5 runs with the 5 * tune 91 Performance an 4 with the GH adaptive tunes.

Disappointing to say the least.

The 5 * best run was mid 13's Leaving at 2500 rpm. Advanced traction off. Best time was in normal drive, not sport mode.

Loaded the GH, best I could pull was low 14's.

I'll post the time slips later.and a more detailed review.

No wind, temps in the low 60's. Ideal conditions

After revisions with 5 * and the adaptive tune results. I will not be using the adaptive tunes for primary driving and will be looking at other tuners

I thought for sure the 91 tune, with a 19 platform should get really low 13's. Unless everything I read is
What impact is your wheel/tire combo having compared to folks burning down the track with stock balloons?

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
guy on CL has a set of raptor running boards off is 19 raptor. might try to score them. I think they will function better than my OEM ones and I think they will look really good.

Thoughts?
I’m a fan of the Raptor Boards, stronger, lower profile and easy to keep clean.

They may be heavier than what you have now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
A little playing tonight with a really lifted duramax on at least 35's deleted and tuned great sport.... had a good conversation at the next light....... first thing he said was 'damn son, that thing can run, no joke no joke, I didn't see that coming" Then he said, and I quote "Had my EFI Live tune on 2, might of got you on 4 or 5" Lol....... damn Lill V6 suprised the sh it out of me....... was moving!
My brother has a lifted 2014 D-Max with a bunch of stuff done. He was at around 700whp and I could still inch him out. I'm pretty sure his wheel/tire combo is like 180lbs each though, lol.

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
Awesome! I love hearing about happy BK customers. I really enjoy working with Brett on the truck and the ST.

Your airflow seems to be inline with expectations for your elevation. Everyone states that the turbos should be able to do 60#/min, but logs usually show 54-56#/min when they are turned right up. I’m sure some pumping/efficiency is lost due to the piping and intercooler.

I’m at 3500ft and at 22psi, I see 54-55#/min. But I guess it’s apples to oranges, being Gen1 to Gen2. I would guess you are in the 560-570whp range. Time slips will probably help tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
I no longer can run a stock tune with the injectors.

Im going to reach out to 5 star and see what they say.

Calibrated power has stated that the dw400 may be an older version and not have a check valve installed that is on there newer pumps causing the slow start issue. That still doesn’t explain the misfires. Also, I have had the same results of slow to start when cold while pushing the start button without cranking the truck hoping the pump would turn on and build pressure prior to firing but no luck.
My $0.02
For the long cold start, it is likely a missing check-valve on the DW400. Easiest way to tell, is to cycle the key a couple of times before cranking.
For the stumble when cold, they need to adjust the cold-start tables for the bigger injectors. Without it, it will run rich and rely on the O2 reading to try and correct, but they can only do so much. You can also do a throttle re-calibration. With the vehicle cold, do a KAM reset, shut off the Climate control and start it. Let it idle without touching the gas at all for 10-14 minutes.

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
Definitely can’t hear the pump running with the door open and key on. And with an in tank gas fuel pump, the pump is going to cut off well before reaching a very high load due to no fuel returning without the truck running correct? The pump is going to run until it receives any type of pressure and then cut off I believe. So I have tried and cycle the truck multiple times without starting to build pressure and then the truck will start as should. However if I cycle key on without starting it only once then it doesn’t build the pressure needed to start quickly and is still slow to start.
Depending on the year, when cycling the key, the pump will run until desired pressure is hit or until it times out if you're not above a certain RPM.

I think you'll find that you have two separate things going on, but address the check valve first. If it's not there, it only takes a couple of seconds for pressure to drop off.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts