F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
well, debated posting but I am going to any ways..... the GH tunes are in and I am not overly impressed at all..... Its not much more of a difference over the stock tune actually... although the Trans performance is greatly improved, it drives nice and the truck has no lag, which is better than the stock tune and the turn around/customer service was amazing, as always.

I unloaded the GH tune and did some hits with stock tune... did the same with loaded GH tunes again.... I will say it is stronger than stock.... but not what I would have expected given my 2015 and how it ran..... I guess the track will be the true sign....... will get there in the next couple of weeks
No mention of what fuel you have in the tank?

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
So I took sometime to data long this morning before the 103 temp sets in..... 1st time for this revision that I got a chance to stand on it and push it through some 1/4 mile logs with 4wd boosted launch and a couple other driving styles Brett (BoostKing) requested

The boosted launch, definitely the TQ changes made this truck squat and launch hard, probably the hardest ever... will for sure have to play with the air pressure for the tires at the track and find the best RPM for max launch with vs wheel spin...... it can take more than what I usually launch at but there is a fine line for too much wheel spin/hop now...Lol

For those of you interested. this revision Brett turned it up with timing. boost and other tweaks to TQ management

Some data, in short

airflow*/min 54.17
boost 22.04
knock -2.47 / +0.67 average 0.17

I am not expert, but all the other PIDs Look good, I will be really interested as to what Brett thinks and says now !!!!
How much timing? I've seen 53 lb/min on my 5star e30 tune with 20lbs boost and 8-10 degrees.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have used them on the past, non E tune and their customer service was very lacking for my experience.. It would take extremely long for email communications and even longer to get revisions back

I do see their results on E50, pretty impressive... just don't know if I can tolerate that lack of customer service....
agree, revision turnaround is slow with zero feedback

1 - 8 of 9 Posts