F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
534 Posts
At night, yup too busy... Pulled the amber film off already and will ad the cubes to the bottom

Plus the grill cube lights are pretty bright........ That high really would blind on coming drivers..... I only use the grille cubes on back roads

View attachment 177436
I’m planning on 3 Diode Dynamics SS3 pods for that spot on the lower grill.
I’m going amber for winter driving - 2 driving and 1 fog.

I was originally worried about IATs from blocking the CAC.

But I’m now thinking I’ll just have these on in the winter and hopefully it won’t be an issue. Will need to come up with some kind of easy quick disconnect method and make it part of the changing of the seasons.

I’m interested in your thoughts on CAC airflow given you track yours and run corn fed kill tunes daily??

I mean if you’re not worried I probably don’t need to be…

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
534 Posts
I am still waiting very patiently for my revision from BoostKing....... To his enjoyment and I am sure much needed and deserved Vacation this week, I feel like my wife waiting for the amazon delivery truck...Lol

I hope to have the next revision by Tuesday so I can possibly hit the track Wednesday
Ahhhh…. Vacation, ok.

I’ve been waiting as patiently as I can for my baseline tunes from BK. I’m not good at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
So as I’ve been going down the Rabbit Hole with Brett I’ve been pondering OAR and it’s effect on knock. Forgive me, I’m a lot further behind the custom tuning knowledge curve than you all…

Specifically, right after a tune / flash event your OAR starts back at 0.0 and has to learn what kind of spark it can tolerate right?

For me it’s taking 10-20 miles, AND requires some aggressive driving too.

So, I’m hypothesizing….

- If you immediately data log right after a flash, knock will show as a bigger issue than it really might be

- If you flash tunes at the track, between passes, or at home just before an easy cruise to the track, then the tuning is going to be really conservative initially.

Think either of these considerations are accurate?

If so, could the latter have affected your track times?

Do you know if your OAR on these 13.x passes was similar to that on the 12.x Calibrated Tuning times?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Time for a sting operation.

That really sucks… for you and definitely for the old lady. I wonder if people like this ever think about who their victims might be. Nah, not for a second.

Sorry man.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Trap is same or higher with BK, so maybe he's more protective of low end, which would match my experience (and be a-ok with me), but make more power??

Super pleased they are at least in the ballpark. I'm not looking to be the fastest, but I'd love to be in the conversation.

Interesting you note a falloff on a high shift - I was experiencing the same. Was fully Trans-tune related, because it went away reverting to stock trans strategy but same Engine strategy.

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
I’ll be going… I usually do as a spectator. Not sure if I’d go as a participant… but maybe if Things get dialed in!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Right behind you with #7 revision from BK loaded yesterday! He says it’s the final crank of boost, after which it’s time to play with timing of all looks good.

That’s when I expect things to get spicy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts