F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
728 Posts
According to Motor Trends test of the 2022 Ford Lighting, here is what they laid down

580 horsepower and 775 pound-feet of torque. Nail the throttle from rest and 60 mph arrives in 4.0 seconds flat, on its way to a 12.7-second quarter-mile at 107 mph, just before it hits its 110-mph governed top speed.

Not super impressive but no push over by any stretch of the imagination....

I would have thought it would be quicker, but then again its one heavy Mo Fo......

I was really considering one, but I think my e50 Tuned 3.5 still king for me right now......
I had a lightning preorder for a minute, then I looked at the proposed numbers and realized it was not practical for anything but commuting. Maybe someday, but for now I'm with you.. tuned ecoboost FTW.

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
728 Posts
The Ez Lynk Auto Agent 2.0 is the tuning and monitoring platform..... The 2019 F150 has the ability to activate that PID/sensor capability. Its the factory sensor .

Also, SCT Devices in certain years can read as well, as long as the tuner activates the PID in their tune
what’s the PID?

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
728 Posts
My bad, It will be for a SCT Device Alcohol Fuel Percentage and for the EZ Lynk its ethanol Fuel Percentage........ Description might very year to year ,,, screen shot of my Ez Lynk app from my phone

View attachment 179904
lol, thanks! I’ll dig around.. wonder if my 18 2.7 has it. I’m a software “engineer” by trade so I feel comfortable poking around

boostking was having trouble getting data from my truck, so far I’ve been able to fix that using some examples from other tuners configs. I think you had a similar issue.

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
728 Posts
update

I did ask boostKing to turn on the PID for the ethanol percentage and he sent me a file and said he has not done that for a ecoboost yet. So to load the tune and do some basic driving and send it back....

I have been testing my auto agent pid and actual tank content and its 98% accurate to the reading and the test.... So now that is done. I will get back to data logging with boostking to see what we have.

I have not got to the track but have been running the Calibrated Power tune E blend and the trucks being doing great and the knock is well under control at WOT and such. I will be emailing boostking and try to get his E50 tune dialed in, I just hope it does better and something was off.....
That PID doesn’t work for me, unless I did something wrong.. But our trucks are different so I don’t expect the same things will work.

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
728 Posts
I think yours has the ability from what I know about the year, your tuner can activate it from what I understand. but like everything, I could be giving miss information........
yeah, no worries about misleading me. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a change in 19 or between the 3.5 and 2.7

i have an inline sensor and guage to read the %, but it would be nice to datalog it.

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
728 Posts
and that there is a fact, and I've learned throughout the years all trucks are different as well, some mesh perfectly with some companies while others don’t and vice versa.
I can vouch for that..
2023 Raptor bronco 14.7 @ 92mph.......... That's disappointing & 2021 F150 Raptor 14.2 @94........ Thank GAWD for Custom Tuning.......

Drag racing those things.. wut?

I get thats just for comparison puproses, but thats like a one legged race compared to something with normal sized tires.

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
728 Posts
Are you using di-electric grease on the inside of the boots? Ever replace the boots?

No and No.

Ford does not sell boots only for the 2.7 coil packs. You have to replace the whole thing! Although NGK sells boots and I'll be giving them a try on my next swap.

A tuner I worked with in the past discouraged me from using the grease. I'd be willing to give it a try!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts