F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

261 - 280 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
I went and data logged a few runs and so forth to send in.

An interesting observation... The WOT pulls in 2wd definitely feel better than in 4wd. The shifting in the 4wd ful pulls, not as good as the 2wd.

I will be interested to see what 5 * says. I sent my times as well

·
Registered
205 Posts
What do mean when you say “advanced traction control?” Is that not the same of regular traction control button located in the center of the upper dash adjacent to the hill decent button or am I missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
What do mean when you say “advanced traction control?” Is that not the same of regular traction control button located in the center of the upper dash adjacent to the hill decent button or am I missing something.

Yes, however, you press it once, and the traction control is set to off (still has some ability), you pause, press and hold the button down until the advanced traction control is disabled and is displayed.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
guy on CL has a set of raptor running boards off is 19 raptor. might try to score them. I think they will function better than my OEM ones and I think they will look really good.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
guy on CL has a set of raptor running boards off is 19 raptor. might try to score them. I think they will function better than my OEM ones and I think they will look really good.

Thoughts?
I’m a fan of the Raptor Boards, stronger, lower profile and easy to keep clean.

They may be heavier than what you have now though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes, however, you press it once, and the traction control is set to off (still has some ability), you pause, press and hold the button down until the advanced traction control is disabled and is displayed.
Had no idea. Thank you, Sir. Assuming this is what you need to do for WOT and data logging. I have been doing it all wrong.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Had no idea. Thank you, Sir. Assuming this is what you need to do for WOT and data logging. I have been doing it all wrong.

I dont think it is necessary for the data logging, but it helps at the track

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
I’m a fan of the Raptor Boards, stronger, lower profile and easy to keep clean.

They may be heavier than what you have now though.

Scored the raptor boards for $225...... cost me another $100 bucks because the wife rode with me (30 min drive up the interstate) as his place was close to her favorite steak house...... So happy wife, raptor boards and a bone in rib eye

I will get them on this week sometime...... can't wait

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Scored the raptor boards for $225...... cost me another $100 bucks because the wife rode with me (30 min drive up the interstate) as his place was close to her favorite steak house...... So happy wife, raptor boards and a bone in rib eye

I will get them on this week sometime...... can't wait
Perfect transaction(s)

And steak beats jewelry every time.
You're wise AND blessed. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
well, the Raptor steps are on.... They work really well with the rest of the truck. The Raptor grille, the finish on the factory bed rails and the finish on the bed tonneau cover. These are wider, look so much better and gives the truck even more 'one of a kind" support.

I really like them, and for the $ a good score again!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
On the tune side note

Sent the data logs into 5 *. Called and had a good conversation and hopefully we will get this figured out and dialed in..... Can't wait for the revision. As soon as I get he revision, I will again visit the track. Open every Wednesday night!

I will play with a couple 2wd launches, with the rear locker on.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Based on mph, gearhead is making as much power. The slower 60’ likely due to them bringing the boost in later. Those mph’s are a lot slower than I’d expect.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Based on mph, gearhead is making as much power. The slower 60’ likely due to them bringing the boost in later. Those mph’s are a lot slower than I’d expect.
I can see that.... the GH is a dog out of the hole compared to 5 * . Mid is where it starts to come on

I will say it pulls equally as hard up top,

Really excited to get the new revision based on my conversation with them today

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
On a side note, the Raptor steps, really improved on the stability of getting in and out of the truck for the wife.... So cray the difference..... what a win win for me

Wife feels they are safer
Wife likes the look better

Verdict- they stay!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Got my first ding to the paint today.

Sitting in my truck waiting for the wife to run out f the store, a lady goes and pens her door, right into the front fender flare. Totally felt and seen it. I exited the truck and politely ask her to look at the damage. Immediately (in her 60's) she starts to F BOMB ME...... I show her the damage, she says 'so the F what, sue me A HOLE. I ask her for her information, she says call my insurance, or use yours but leave me the F Alone, your will give me the corona virus.

She enters her vehicle, so I take a picture of her car, lic plate and her driving away. She almost runs over a man and daughter as she is backing out. Luckily they witness it so I get there information and file a claim with my insurance company a few minutes ago, then file a police report on line.

Its not so much it happened to a perfectly flawless truck, its the nerve and the fact there was no remorse or cooperation. I would have been apologetic, offered my info and accepted I was at fault....

Now ot wait for my insurance adjuster to run her plate, contact her insurance. If she has it. If not, I will take her to small claims. I am the one who can;t let things go, I guess its the 25 years in me as a Peace Officer!

Grrrrrr.......

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I like to think of myself as a very fair, even merciful fella. Especially with senior folks, which are my peers.

Afterall, I watched my dad at around 85 years old open my truck door into my other truck and he was completely unaware. (I didn't say a word. I cringed. And noted the tiniest mark)

But, when someone is so remorseless, and nasty,........ I let ME calm down first. Then I decide whether I'm going to make the effort to make them take their medicine.

I might be with you on this one. :)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
I like to think of myself as a very fair, even merciful fella. Especially with senior folks, which are my peers.

Afterall, I watched my dad at around 85 years old open my truck door into my other truck and he was completely unaware. (I didn't say a word. I cringed. And noted the tiniest mark)

But, when someone is so remorseless, and nasty,........ I let ME calm down first. Then I decide whether I'm going to make the effort to make them take their medicine.

I might be with you on this one. :)

if the lady seemed out of it or just not all there, age or mental illness, I would suck it up, she seemed sharp as a tac and fully aware.... there for, I will prescribe the proper dose of medicine

·
1,930 Posts
I’m not so patient with people that create a problem and then refuse to realize it affects others. Let’s face it, these things aren’t cheap and it should neither come out of your pocket or should your insurance need to cover it. I’d go after her. If there is any good news in this whole thing, that fender flair can be matched and you have a natural seam. It can be fixed with the potential of never seeing the repair, pop it off repaint it, reinstall it and you’ll be good to go. It’s when they have to start blending things where your eye picks it up.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
I removed the shutter blades in front of the FMIC and the front plate.... figured I would let it breath better

contemplating the radiator shutters

261 - 280 of 318 Posts