F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
281 - 300 of 1,883 Posts
Discussion starter · #281 ·
I removed the shutter blades in front of the FMIC and the front plate.... figured I would let it breath better

contemplating the radiator shutters

I will leave the radiator shutters in place after reading many debates and watching video on line. If anything I will unplug when towing. But the lower shutters, gone, all but the one that drives the system.

Reactions: Sirikenewtron
Discussion starter · #282 ·
I think I am going to order some VAS Bars for The truck......

This way I can give the transfer case a break at the truck sometimes

Reactions: Blown F-150
Discussion starter · #283 ·
bummer

got my revised 5 * tune vie email based on my data logs and speaking to them about getting all I can out of it, and I went to load onto my device and got the following

custom tune is for another device.

the device serial number matches the sticker and what the device is showing......

I think it is something on their end, but can you all confirm, or am I missing something?

Discussion starter · #284 ·
It even matches the device number on their portal under the revision tune description

Discussion starter · #286 ·
Man I hope you’re not using the X4. More and more I’m seeing constant complaints about issues with 2018+ trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will leave the radiator shutters in place after reading many debates and watching video on line. If anything I will unplug when towing. But the lower shutters, gone, all but the one that drives the system.
View attachment 165707
So the other two ones in there you just kind of popped them out?

Discussion starter · #289 ·
Discussion starter · #290 ·
Man I hope you’re not using the X4. More and more I’m seeing constant complaints about issues with 2018+ trucks

All the other tunes work, from them.... just the new revision based on my data logs give me the custom tune is for another device even know the serial numbers match on the device and the tune they send

All the other tunes work, from them.... just the new revision based on my data logs give me the custom tune is for another device even know the serial numbers match on the device and the tune they send
Well I guess that’s good news then, about the other tunes.
Probably just a mix up and hopefully a quick fix. Sucks it’s the weekend now though.

SCT X4 Sorry, that might of been helpful
Ah shoot, I didn’t see this comment before I made mine.

Discussion starter · #293 ·
Well I guess that’s good news then, about the other tunes.
Probably just a mix up and hopefully a quick fix. Sucks it’s the weekend now though.

I loaded the other tunes right back up....... So I am thinking they sent me the wrong file...... I was hoping with the good weather to get the truck learning the new tune file. After speaking with them the focus for this revision is power output... Most of the others where just refining the tune I had, so this one should knock some time off the track runs.

Discussion starter · #294 ·
What do all of you think about the factory muffler with the resonator delete? I just can not find any after market exhaust or mufflers that sound good. I do want to maintain some quietness.

What do all of you think about the factory muffler with the resonator delete? I just can not find any after market exhaust or mufflers that sound good. I do want to maintain some quietness.
Have you ever personally heard or driven in a 3.5 with a Full Race 3" resonated catback? I ran one on my 11 3.5 for 5yrs and have one on my 17 3.5 now. Quiet at cruising, no drone while towing, nice sound at WOT.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I did it on my 2017 2.7 and this 2019 3.5 (before I swapped the muffler)
I thought it was decent, it’s a very subtle change in sound though and most noticeable on cold start as far as the change in sound goes.

Discussion starter · #297 ·
Have you ever personally heard or driven in a 3.5 with a Full Race 3" resonated catback? I ran one on my 11 3.5 for 5yrs and have one on my 17 3.5 now. Quiet at cruising, no drone while towing, nice sound at WOT.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have not in person, just video

Discussion starter · #298 ·
I did it on my 2017 2.7 and this 2019 3.5 (before I swapped the muffler)
I thought it was decent, it’s a very subtle change in sound though and most noticeable on cold start as far as the change in sound goes.

Thanks for the feedback. How was it WOT?

What muffler did you switch to?

Discussion starter · #299 ·
bummer

got my revised 5 * tune vie email based on my data logs and speaking to them about getting all I can out of it, and I went to load onto my device and got the following

custom tune is for another device.

the device serial number matches the sticker and what the device is showing......

I think it is something on their end, but can you all confirm, or am I missing something?
5 * Rocks it! Checked my email this evening and to my Surprise on a Sunday, got an email back with the corrected file! Loaded to the device and loaded in the truck.....

Ready for the Morning commute. A little to late to drive it tomight!

Thanks for the feedback. How was it WOT?

What muffler did you switch to?
Not a whole lot different then with resonator.

I got a Carven TR 3” muffler and resonator delete, muffler was $99 shipped to my door. I’ll have to load my drive by onto YouTube too

Reactions: sleipnir
281 - 300 of 1,883 Posts