F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

401 - 420 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
I will say, the GH revised tune, nice driving characteristics .... I mean nice, smooth and stock like until you demand it to getty up! Its a pleasure to drive and I don't know about apples to apples (as fast) with my data logged 91 dedicated tune from 5 * but it can't be far behind........ its more pleasant to drive though and has no quirks

Reactions: Sirikenewtron

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
6 minutes

You are never farther/longer away from switching from jecky/Hyde.

Modern Computerized Pick-up truck ownership.

It's win-win in my book

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Looked down and flipped 20k

Reactions: Sirikenewtron

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
A little update

The GH tune is so great daily driving and the more I use Sport Mode the more I like it. It is really mellow but when you demand some throttle, the sport mode mans up! The 5 * was more aggressive and hit even when driving mellow, but the GH does the job when demanded.

Two tanks and hand calculated, the GH tune is 2.2 mpg better all around...... Happy there!!!!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
So, it looks like a AMP, SUB and upgraded door speakers will be in next week.

After that I am going to get and install the AMS Intake tubes

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
A little update

The GH tune is so great daily driving and the more I use Sport Mode the more I like it. It is really mellow but when you demand some throttle, the sport mode mans up! The 5 * was more aggressive and hit even when driving mellow, but the GH does the job when demanded.

Two tanks and hand calculated, the GH tune is 2.2 mpg better all around...... Happy there!!!!
You sure that's not just you driving gentlemanly fast, rather than hooliganly fast?

It's still fast, but invites you to roll into the afterburners, rather than aircraft carrier launches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow...just scrolled/read the entire 21 pages, and love your build.

I just got an '18 XLT 3.5EB and want to do many of the changes you've done, including wheels/tires, level and/or suspension, intake/exhaust. I, too, will be towing a TT with mine and was wondering how the handling was with the changes in suspension and wheels/tires. I noticed you went to a stiffer rear shock--was that due to sway or sag? What weight are you towing? New struts in front or just the leveling kit?

Jealous of the VenomRex wheels deal you found! I'm having a hard time finding any in stock, and the price, compared to most others is shocking. I've had DuraTracs on previous rigs...how is the ride, noise, wear, etc of the UltraTerrain? What is the offset? Is the OD on the tires 33"?

Sorry for all the questions, but when you build a truck as bad as yours, you become the Yoda to all of us aspiring EB Jedi =D

I look forward to seeing/reading more!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
Wow...just scrolled/read the entire 21 pages, and love your build.

I just got an '18 XLT 3.5EB and want to do many of the changes you've done, including wheels/tires, level and/or suspension, intake/exhaust. I, too, will be towing a TT with mine and was wondering how the handling was with the changes in suspension and wheels/tires. I noticed you went to a stiffer rear shock--was that due to sway or sag? What weight are you towing? New struts in front or just the leveling kit?

Jealous of the VenomRex wheels deal you found! I'm having a hard time finding any in stock, and the price, compared to most others is shocking. I've had DuraTracs on previous rigs...how is the ride, noise, wear, etc of the UltraTerrain? What is the offset? Is the OD on the tires 33"?

Sorry for all the questions, but when you build a truck as bad as yours, you become the Yoda to all of us aspiring EB Jedi =D

I look forward to seeing/reading more!
Welcome to the thread. I have yet to do the front struts, but will be ding so in the next month. The shocks hep both sag and sway IMO. The 19 is a tad softer in the rear than my 15, don't know why.

Totally loaded my travel weight (trailer) is roughly 8500lbs. For sure hands down suggest the COBB intake and doing the resonator delete. The delete was just the right sound for me.... most after market mufflers or exhaust sound just too ricer or "I wanna be a v8" sound.

AMS intake tubes and IC next up!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
I am ditching the Timbren SES kit and replacing them with the Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags...... With my Sons Amazon employee discount and a return credit from a amazon order he had (gave to me, nice kid!), cost to me was a tad over $120 shipped!!!!!

Just gong to be done with the rear for towing. the air bags should do all I want and then some....

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
The fire stone bags arrived. Probably take a couple weeks to get them installed... Son wedding next week! Moving into my RV until my house is built (4 months or so)

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
The fire stone bags arrived. Probably take a couple weeks to get them installed... Son wedding next week! Moving into my RV until my house is built (4 months or so)
Ummmmm, warning!

I moved into an RV with the intention of building me a small house. Almost 5 years later I'm still in the RV.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
Ummmmm, warning!

I moved into an RV with the intention of building me a small house. Almost 5 years later I'm still in the RV.

Lol, well either the wife and I will get very close, or she will get the new home in the divorce settlement!.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
Lol, well either the wife and I will get very close, or she will get the new home in the divorce settlement!.
Ohhhh, Nevermind

The likelihood goes down dramatically if it's 2 people and one of them is a lady.

RV's suck at closets and bathrooms, for the other gender.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
woke up to no navigation, blue tooth issues and no XM... Texted the FORD help line and seem the truck was int he middle of the 3.4 update. After some trouble shooting and resets, all is well and now have an update.

I don't like the new layout, but O Well

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
So moving suxs!!!!! Used the truck t haul a few yards if gravel for my RV pad at the property that will be home (rv living) until December or so until the house is done.

Towed my cuda and the rock crawler to the property as well then few loads of furniture to storage over the last couple of days

Leveled the rv pad, built and framed a patio and layed some pavers down for the wheels and jacks

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
You've been busy!

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
woke up to no navigation, blue tooth issues and no XM... Texted the FORD help line and seem the truck was int he middle of the 3.4 update. After some trouble shooting and resets, all is well and now have an update.

I dont like that loook as welll and do not want to update to it. For me though, there is no auto update, because my truck didn't even come with sync3 factory!

You can probably get a file online and revert back to the previous version.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Did your truck use to have 3 and auto updated to 3.4? I wonder if all 19's will eventually update to 3.4?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
Did your truck use to have 3 and auto updated to 3.4? I wonder if all 19's will eventually update to 3.4?
My truck had 3.3 and literally over night 3.4 arrived when I started it up....... could be a coupe weeks ago through ford pass it said I had an update avail........ guess hey pushed it

401 - 420 of 445 Posts