F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
661 - 680 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #661 ·
Now I feel like a dream squasher.

You can always swap parts and rewind if you must. Lol

You gotta admit that getting closer to the ground can get you that time-slip you can frame. Then back to Truck with a 2 5/16 ball for that other business.

(I'm trying to be less reason-able for a change)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I wonder if there is a happy medium!

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
I would drop it but on vas specialties stuff. Unless you're looking for a Houston SLAB ( Slow loud and banging) vibe then I'd do belltech. I'm actually thinking of dropping mine too

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,449 Posts
I met the folks at VAS. They whipped up a couple of front differential braces for me and BlownF150.

There was a couple of pretty wicked trucks in their shop at the time too. True go-fast enthusiasts.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Yea they definitely make great stuff and I wouldn't mind taking the truck to the to put their hands on it. I'm sure it'd be one heck of a ripper then

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #665 ·
I would drop it but on vas specialties stuff. Unless you're looking for a Houston SLAB ( Slow loud and banging) vibe then I'd do belltech. I'm actually thinking of dropping mine too
Will do, i want to use great stuff of course. I don't want to supper drop it, I just want it dropped a tad lower than stock Still searching for the right look

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #666 ·
Update......

Can't say how impressed I still am with the calibrated power tunes and the EZ Lynk Auto Agent set up. The tune is dialed in and running really great and quick with the E Blend set right at E25 ish..

The other day, I sent a data log in via cloud in the morning and they made a tiny tweak and sent it back 3 hours later. My Phone pinged me with a message from the Auto Agent, and there is my tune in the cloud. Pulled over and loaded the tune in 2 min and was on my way. They told me torun it for a tank or two and send another one back and we should be all set ....

After that, I will move onto their E30-40 Tune and settle some place in between

·
Registered
294 Posts
Update......

Can't say how impressed I still am with the calibrated power tunes and the EZ Lynk Auto Agent set up. The tune is dialed in and running really great and quick with the E Blend set right at E25 ish..

The other day, I sent a data log in via cloud in the morning and they made a tiny tweak and sent it back 3 hours later. My Phone pinged me with a message from the Auto Agent, and there is my tune in the cloud. Pulled over and loaded the tune in 2 min and was on my way. They told me torun it for a tank or two and send another one back and we should be all set ....

After that, I will move onto their E30-40 Tune and settle some place in between
I haven’t had a chance to read through this entire thread yet so please excuse my ignorance if this info has been discussed already, but I’m very curious about running corn juice and was wondering if you had/chose to upgrade the fuel pump or injectors to run ethanol. Mine is also a 2019 3.5 so I’m hoping whatever you’ve done if anything, I can replicate it.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #668 ·
I haven’t had a chance to read through this entire thread yet so please excuse my ignorance if this info has been discussed already, but I’m very curious about running corn juice and was wondering if you had/chose to upgrade the fuel pump or injectors to run ethanol. Mine is also a 2019 3.5 so I’m hoping whatever you’ve done if anything, I can replicate it.
Well, every truck is different, so keep that on your mind...... Many are finding there is no need for the fuel upgrades with the 18-up unless your heading north of E40 to full E85. With this in mind, and my current plans from all along I always wanted to stay in the E30 range only. (When I had my 2015, and wanted to run a mid E Blend, I knew that would take me down the upgraded fuel route)

I keep a close eye on the fuel psi and desired vs actual rail pressure. No issues for me at E30 with fuel delivery. Date logs say a lot as well.

For now, my plans with all my bolt ons, the tune and future downpipes, I'll stay at the E30 and dabble in the E35-40 max if there is no fuel delivery related issues.....

Reactions: RyEcoBeast

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well said, very much appreciate the info. And I agree on the whole staying around E30 thing, that’s exactly where I’m looking to be, just enough to have a little more fun, but I’m not a regular track goer and this is my daily commuter so I’m hoping E30 is perfect. If you don’t mind me digging a little deeper, what are you considering as far as downpipes? That’s next on my list but I’m trying to do the best research I can to avoid CEL issues.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #670 · (Edited)
I have been looking at he AMS Catted DownPipes but like you want to make sure its done correctly

Our local track opens up in 3 weeks, so I can't wait to get out with the new tune

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #671 ·
Question for all of you?

For reason after I got e truck back from the dealer when they fixed the timing cover leak the steering feels heavy ...... any ideas

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Question for all of you?

For reason after I got e truck back from the dealer when they fixed the timing cover leak the steering feels heavy ...... any ideas
Interesting. Dumb question but tires under inflated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #673 ·
Interesting. Dumb question but tires under inflated?

I'll double check, but don't think so. I kinda thought the AMS Tube boor and clamp might be hitting/rubbing the knuckle/pivot point of the shaft, but all seems clear.

Its just really weird....... not that it is super heavy, I mean when you turn and let the wheel go she comes right back to center..

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #674 ·
Well, local track opens up next week........ boy oh boy

weather dependent of course!

Reactions: ndtguy and sleipnir

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #675 ·
What up all, thought i would give a little update. Witht he COVID vaccinations ramping up its been a little busy in my world at the hospital.

The tune, well its still pretty great, and after a couple more revisions its even better. The customer service is still same day or next depending ont he time I send the data log throught he cloud portal . Should be hitting the track soon as the local track is now open and every wednesday night is street drags.

Just for giggles I wanted to see what Vroom would pay for my truck, I filled out the online forms and they came back at $37.100. Lol, before taxes and fee's I paid less than that for it new........ Crazy how the used car market prices for certain vehicles has stabilized and the prices are up.....

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #676 ·
Shoot, on another note, I think I am developing some wastegate rattle at 1st cold start up until she warms a tad..... thoughts on this subject? What to look for and so forth? long tern issues, short term? Does it affect performance?

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Shoot, on another note, I think I am developing some wastegate rattle at 1st cold start up until she warms a tad..... thoughts on this subject? What to look for and so forth? long tern issues, short term? Does it affect performance?
I honestly haven't heard a 2nd gen 3.5 that hasn't made the wastegate rattle after getting some miles on it.
Everything I've found, and you know I'm OCD about stuff like this and researching, it's mainly just a nuisance and no long term problems come from it.

When they replaced both turbos on mine for it it took care of the sound for about 20k +\- miles but it's back again now although no quite as bad as before...yet.

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #678 ·
I honestly haven't heard a 2nd gen 3.5 that hasn't made the wastegate rattle after getting some miles on it.
Everything I've found, and you know I'm OCD about stuff like this and researching, it's mainly just a nuisance and no long term problems come from it.

When they replaced both turbos on mine for it it took care of the sound for about 20k +\- miles but it's back again now although no quite as bad as before...yet.

I was wondering if I should just let the warranty take care of it before it ends? What are your thoughts on that?

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
I was wondering if I should just let the warranty take care of it before it ends? What are your thoughts on that?
If I were to do it again I probably would’ve waited until closer to the end of powertrain, then would have got a brand new set of turbos at 50kish miles
Although I have heard multiple people now saying they are being told its normal and seems to be harder to get the turbos replaced.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #680 ·
If I were to do it again I probably would’ve waited until closer to the end of powertrain, then would have got a brand new set of turbos at 50kish miles
Although I have heard multiple people now saying they are being told its normal and seems to be harder to get the turbos replaced.

Hmmmm, maybe I will take it in any ways and see

661 - 680 of 716 Posts