F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
681 - 700 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
What up all, thought i would give a little update. Witht he COVID vaccinations ramping up its been a little busy in my world at the hospital.

The tune, well its still pretty great, and after a couple more revisions its even better. The customer service is still same day or next depending ont he time I send the data log throught he cloud portal . Should be hitting the track soon as the local track is now open and every wednesday night is street drags.

Just for giggles I wanted to see what Vroom would pay for my truck, I filled out the online forms and they came back at $37.100. Lol, before taxes and fee's I paid less than that for it new........ Crazy how the used car market prices for certain vehicles has stabilized and the prices are up.....
Seems like the EPA is trying to go after everyone right now, I have the Cobb Accessport for the Stang and the latest firmware update had something to do with tunes that aren't CARB approved yet or something along those lines.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #682 ·
Seems like the EPA is trying to go after everyone right now, I have the Cobb Accessport for the Stang and the latest firmware update had something to do with tunes that aren't CARB approved yet or something along those lines.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Not surprising. they shut down Idaho Rob a pioneer diesel tuner a few years ago and some others. This is why you see so many tuners with emission compliant tuning and keep al factory systems operable. Whipples tuning for the 2015 and up is 50 state legal.. If they can do it others will follow.

EZ lynk, and any platform that allows for a tuner to defeat or create tunes are vulnerable to action by the watch dawgs

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
All in all we need to start watching what we say on forums. The fact that the EPA went into forums and Facebook groups to grab evidence for the lawsuit, makes me weary.

But this RPM act may have potential. Just more so getting the word out.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #684 ·
All in all we need to start watching what we say on forums. The fact that the EPA went into forums and Facebook groups to grab evidence for the lawsuit, makes me weary.

But this RPM act may have potential. Just more so getting the word out.
Totally, they did the same thing in the diesel forums too

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #685 · (Edited)
Trucks running amazing.......... and I finally made it to the track yesterday.......

but not with the truck. I took the Audi because my buddy called me out in his Jeep SRT-8 and my other buddy in his Challenger 392.... great news I took them both.

Best pass of the night was a 12.359 @ 111.82 mph with a 1.842 60ft. Got 8 passes in

In tech

When I get back from vacation the truck will hit the track, two weeks probably from now

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #686 ·
Whooop Whooop..... Vacation starts in the morning. Headed to Florida for a week (Disney World)... when I return the plans are to get the truck to the track (long week thinking about this)...... You all be safe for the week...

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #687 ·
Back from vacation and looking forward to Wednesday track day

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #688 ·
Could not make it to the track, had to go pick up the kid who's car broke down 2 hrs out of town.... fatherly duties called! I literally had the helmet in the truck and was about to roll out......

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #690 ·
Went ahead and started toying with the E40 Since the E30 seems to be pretty dialed in..... Will run it on their base tune and after a few days of learning and settling in, will data log and send it off. This way when I hit the track I have options....

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #691 ·
Worked the truck this weekend....... few trips to the dumps pulling the trailer..... she go pretty dirty on the dirt roads.......

Had to give him a bath tonight before the sun went down show we can be clean and shinny for our commute this week.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Worked the truck this weekend....... few trips to the dumps pulling the trailer..... she go pretty dirty on the dirt roads.......

Had to give him a bath tonight before the sun went down show we can be clean and shinny for our commute this week.

View attachment 171838
Your logic is virtually identical to mine my friend. 😆👍🏼

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #693 ·
^ well thanks to someone who shall remain nameless, next to be ordered and installed the Mishimoto black wrinkle powder coated intercooler piping kit..... The wrinkled black will match the COBB Intake Tubes and Coolant Cover perfectly.!!!! damn!

Reactions: RyEcoBeast

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #694 ·
A little playing tonight with a really lifted duramax on at least 35's deleted and tuned great sport.... had a good conversation at the next light....... first thing he said was 'damn son, that thing can run, no joke no joke, I didn't see that coming" Then he said, and I quote "Had my EFI Live tune on 2, might of got you on 4 or 5" Lol....... damn Lill V6 suprised the sh it out of me....... was moving!

·
Registered
294 Posts
A little playing tonight with a really lifted duramax on at least 35's deleted and tuned great sport.... had a good conversation at the next light....... first thing he said was 'damn son, that thing can run, no joke no joke, I didn't see that coming" Then he said, and I quote "Had my EFI Live tune on 2, might of got you on 4 or 5" Lol....... damn Lill V6 suprised the sh it out of me....... was moving!
Always great when folks want to play, but even better when they’re good sports.

Reactions: ndtguy and TOWMA8R

·
Premium Member
4,165 Posts
My brother has a lifted 2014 D-Max with a bunch of stuff done. He was at around 700whp and I could still inch him out. I'm pretty sure his wheel/tire combo is like 180lbs each though, lol.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #697 ·
My brother has a lifted 2014 D-Max with a bunch of stuff done. He was at around 700whp and I could still inch him out. I'm pretty sure his wheel/tire combo is like 180lbs each though, lol.
For sure, the tire and lift kiit him..... the fact he was a crew cab and lifted probably 7k lbs

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #698 ·
Got the Mishimoto IC piping delivered....... Now I have some MSD 827063 coils and new plugs on the way

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #699 ·
fulfilling, exciting but a tad disappointing when you walk away from a newer raptor....... (y):D

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #700 ·
opted not to get the msd coils, even if I had good success with them on my 15. Just to much info out there that they are not necessary.

But, I did get some NGK 90945 LTR6BHX Ruthenium HX Plugs....... Time to change mine, so I am hearing good things about these........ Hope to get them in sometime this weekend,,,,,

Reactions: SrpRacing
681 - 700 of 716 Posts