F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
701 - 716 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
opted not to get the msd coils, even if I had good success with them on my 15. Just to much info out there that they are not necessary.

But, I did get some NGK 90945 LTR6BHX Ruthenium HX Plugs....... Time to change mine, so I am hearing good things about these........ Hope to get them in sometime this weekend,,,,,
I made the same call on the MSD’s based on everything I saw, but I also hear great things about the ruthenium plugs. Curious to hear your experience.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #702 ·
I made the same call on the MSD’s based on everything I saw, but I also hear great things about the ruthenium plugs. Curious to hear your experience.

Will do, I hope to have them in tomorrow morning. Want to see the hype myself and my plugs are due now, so this will be interesting since they where in the truck when I started running the E30 tune as my primary tune from calibrated power.

I was very happy with the msd cols on my 15........ but the more and more I read about the failure % for the msd, it makes me Leary..........

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #703 · (Edited)
Alrighty, the NGK
opted not to get the msd coils, even if I had good success with them on my 15. Just to much info out there that they are not necessary.

But, I did get some NGK 90945 LTR6BHX Ruthenium HX Plugs....... Time to change mine, so I am hearing good things about these........ Hope to get them in sometime this weekend,,,,,

Alrighty,

The NGK 90945 LTR6BHX Ruthenium HX Plugs are in at 36k miles.....

NGK, Claim on these is:

NGK Ruthenium HX is designed for newer engines which demand high ignitability. Projected Square Platinum Electrode (PSPE) design promotes spark energy concentration and ignites a wider range of air-fuel ratios, offering improved performance in rich or lean engine conditions. 0.4mm Ruthenium alloy fine wire center electrode and 0.8mm platinum fine wire ground electrode. Trivalent metal platinum provides superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing properties. Corrugated ribs prevent flashover. Pure alumina silicate ceramic insulator provides superior strength and better heat transfer. Copper core aids in heat removal.

60-120k miles and .031 gap.

I find it interesting they specifically target the design for newer vehicles to promote spark energy for a wider range of air fuel ratios in rich or lean engine conditions. The HX Series are recommended for turbo and supercharged engines, This seems favorable for tuners and fuel conditions, to me anyways. For this, I an excited to run these.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Taken out, the NGK 95822 ILTR7N8 Laser Iridium after 25k miles, all tuned miles with roughlt half the miles with GH and then 5*. But the last 3k miles at E30 With Calibrated Power, Duramaxtuner. Interesting, I put these in at .028 for the gap and checked them when I took them out today. .030 (and the gauge was tight at the .030) was where they ended, so they did wear down some,,,,,, The other interesting thing was the claim from NGK for these:

NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs provide superior ignitability and long service life. Fine wire iridium tipped center electrode and fine wire platinum tipped ground electrode ensures slow wear rate providing stable idle, superior anti fouling, improved fuel efficiency and lower emissions. 100k miles and factory gap .031
  • Trivalent metal plating provides superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing properties
  • Corrugated ribs prevent flashover
  • Pure alumina silicate ceramic insulator, provides superior strength and better heat transfer
  • Copper core aids in heat removal
  • Triple seals prevent leakage
They all looked great and equal in color...... pretty damn happy with the 95822 I removed and they didn't wear much and being at .030 was pretty darn good.....

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #704 ·
Hello all, long time....

A new grand baby (1st) and a new position at work has kept me busy....... So you all know I have the front leveling kit and have been thinking about a new loo for the truck. I was thinking about a 1.5/2/5 drop

Can i get all of your opinions please, comments and so forth.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #705 ·
Well, the ride got an extreme cleaning today

So I was thinking bout going away from the leveled look and go to stock, then drop down to a 1/2 drop... current look leveled below

The wheels will remain (love them) but thinking of either the same tires for the look below

or the look of some nitto 420's

I really would like to hear from all of you on what you think..?

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
294 Posts
Personally I love the look, I’ve wanted to go this route for a long time and have come so close to pulling the trigger numerous times. You’ve already got rims that will compliment the lowered look very well IMO. I say go for it.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #707 ·
leaving the property, caught this reflection today while walking back to the truck.... how fitting

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #708 ·
been a while since I installed the Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags...... So I better get them posted.... Let me say this, what a fantastic addition for towing and eliminating the squatty rear end. I haven't gone on a long trip with the RV trailer yet, but I am hoping having these the rear will be more stable and there is less bouncing up and down, That should help the rear sway.

I will be towing the jeep crawler on my tandem axel trailer to the Rubicon trail in two weeks and then into Nevada to another wheeling location, we will see how these bags do them!

Install was pretty straight forward. Took me about 2 hours in the drive way while the rear of the truck was on jack stands. Not too bad for time considering I'm laying on my back for 1/2 the time.

Just realized I hadn't taken a picture where I put the air valves at, I'll take a picture and post it

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #709 ·
Continued:

Here is the location of the Air Stems, I might end up relocating them later. They are out of the way and I don't see to much of a concern where they are but something has been telling me maybe to move them....Lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Those are good looking bags. I'm interested in hearing how they handle towing and how well they help prevent the bouncing up and down...that's my current only complaint when towing my TT and am on the fence about getting bags. I was looking at Airlift bags but they mount inside the leafs and the inside u-bolt are in the exact location as my hellwig swaybar u-bolts so I was thinking I would have to just live with it. These would fit without any issue.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
Those are good looking bags. I'm interested in hearing how they handle towing and how well they help prevent the bouncing up and down...that's my current only complaint when towing my TT and am on the fence about getting bags. I was looking at Airlift bags but they mount inside the leafs and the inside u-bolt are in the exact location as my hellwig swaybar u-bolts so I was thinking I would have to just live with it. These would fit without any issue.
Sumo Springs do the same thing and only contact the axle with enough load on the hitch. I have the Hellwig and the Sumos.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The thing that I don't like about the sumo springs is that they are progressive and can't be adjusted to level.

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
The thing that I don't like about the sumo springs is that they are progressive and can't be adjusted to level.
Progressive ? IDK for sure what is meant by that. They stop that dam bucking that's for sure and they are a comfy cushion to ride on while towing or carrying a load. There is a photo here somewhere of my pickup hooked to my loaded TT. It's level. They are not touching anything without enough load on the pickup.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #714 ·
I towed my RV 45 miles today for a detail and some cosmetic work. I did not experience the bouncing that I had before the bag install. With out the bouncing, I didn't have any of the side to side/ 1st impression, so far, I like it. I will get a few hundred miles towing my jeep and trailer up the Sierras in two weeks, I'll report back then.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #715 ·
I'll add that these are very easy to install, quality is great and the price was right for me.

701 - 716 of 716 Posts