F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
761 - 777 of 777 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #761 ·
Lol awesome

Man I hate coal rollers, dumbest crap ever. Some men definitely are little boys inside, I use the word men loosely.
I’ve seen them roll coal on bicycle riders, "grown" men in the truck, need to have their teeth kicked in.

surprisingly we don’t have too many Cousin lovers around here that roll coal, but every once in a great while I will see one and I can instantly tell just by the stickers or flags on their truck and their look they were not loved by their parents, we're bullied or didn’t get enough attention as a kid lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, dude was close to my age too......... just don't understand it. When I had my diesels, I had plenty of air to limit the "coal" and good tuning.......

Reactions: Sirikenewtron

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
My stock Eco wasted another F250 Scab with 6.2 and 3.73 before dark yesterday. Took maybe 400' to do so. He has big loud pipes. He also claims it is tuned. I let him get his truck length on me from about a 20 mph roll. Then I burned rubber. He says a truck that will break loose like that at 20 mph is obviously tuned. I said Ford tuned it. Also took another Chevy 5.3 going uphill around a curve at 40 mph. Tires broke loose thru the traction control again. It loves this cool dry air lately with the 93 octane.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #763 · (Edited)
Well, made it to the track with my truck and the Calibrated Power Tuning, DURAMAXTUNER

If your skeptical about their tuning, well don't be

ECU File E30-50 Sport Ethanol 120RWHP V2.1.56
TCM File 2,2 D/F Off Aggressive

Truck had advanced sport track engaged with 4wd High. Temp out was 65, no wind

MODS in my sig, but basically plugs gaped, Whipple IC, COBB Intake and AMS Tubes

My fuel was at E35 Based on my tester. Stock Fuel System .... 1/4 Tank

424 was my lane and number.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Receipt Font Material property Number Paper

My last run was the best, third run only... track was packed and they had some down time for spills.....

Best run was 12.521 @ 108.02 with a 1.815 60ft. I think a mid 12.4 is doable with more than 3 passes. I logged the runs, all looked well... I am very happy. I will send the logs to calibrated power and see if there are any needs for tweaking.

but come on, 12.52 ........ HE LL YES!

dialed in after 1 run to run competition, broke out of my dial in of 12.66 with the 12.61 run...Lol

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #764 ·
took the wife, the rv an the truck up the coast for 11 days.

Truck ran amazing, towed like a champ and is such a comfortable driver on the coastal curves!

Tire Wheel Sky Water Plant

Sky Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Little lunch spot after a nice ride one day

Water Sky Cloud Azure Natural landscape

not a bad view from the rv every morning

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Plant Street light

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #765 · (Edited)
Advise, comments requested!

I have been thinking about lowering the truck. Where I am at, is, remove the front leveling kit and lower the back to match the front height.

So once the front leveling kits is removed, what would be the best way to lower the rear? Drop shackles? I'm thinking about the ford performance rear lowering kit (shackles, bushing, sleeve kit)

I am gong to keep the air bags on the back, as there is a setting for 2wd, which figure I would be there for that setting with the shackle install. Is there anything else to address or do since the truck is the FX4 package? Or do I just remove the front leveling kit and remove the rear blocks? What does ford do to the rear for the FX4 tow package, anything different to be concerned about when I lower the rear? (i probably should know this already)

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I wish I knew but I hear about removing rear blocks alot. Might reach out to some of the vendors on here and see what a lowering kit looks like, for ideas.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #769 ·
truck is running great and just daily commuting... still trying to figure out if I am going to lower the truck.......

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #770 ·
Still debating on the lowering of the truck. But I think I will remove the rear blocks to bring the back down to level it.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Do it already !

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #772 ·
Do it already !

I know right.... I was looking at the ford performance 1.5/2.50 lowering kit..... Want the lowered stance/look but not wanting to affect the drivetrain/line & 4wd

any ideas or suggestions? something I might be missing?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #773 ·
Lol, shout out to my truck TOMA8R.......

Last night another F150 another eco, lifted with ugly wheels sticking too far out kept pacing me and toying... not really interested he speeds off then I see him with his turn signal on to to right and get over a lane, all of a sudden the stop light flashes yellow then red and he swerves to the left back into the empty lane

Now Im in the far left and he is to the right of me. window down and motioning with his hands pointing forward and mothing lets go.....

So, i reverse a tad and switch to 4h, traction off and roll forward..... He's doing the whole foot on the gas and brake bumping hjs truck forward

long parkway, no other cars.... safe enough......

Slowly and quietly I build boost and let him take the hit...... drop the brake and launch out, gap him like know body business, embarrassing for him if you ask me.. switch out of 4wd.... slow and when he approaches he tries to motion a roll... so again stupid gaps....... and let off I see he slows and makes a u-turn and heads back in the opposite direction....

Much more exciting when its a diesel truck, ricer or dodge charger/challenger (non hellcat of course) but hey, when its against a cocky driver...... Niiiiiice!

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I love it (y)

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #775 ·
Woke up today and decided to remove the rear blocks. that was supper easy........ 25 min and done

Pretty close to level now. Before I was tad under 39 1/2 front and 41 1/2 rear........ I am now just a squeak (Lil) over 40".

I don't know if it is me or not, but the back seems to be a tad smoother over bumps, road potholes.... it for sure isn't as jarring ..... Maybe the combo with the air bags now that the blocks are gone....... the shocks probably are now more inline to use its valving better as the shocks are a tad more compressed, my thought process anyways.... Will run this for awhile until I get the itch to just go with the ford performance 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 drop.........

I am happier it looks more level and the rear a&& end isn't up anymore

Tonight I will have to probably adjust the head lights down a tad as well.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #776 ·
What are you thoughts about 305/55/20s (33.2x12R20) with ,my current set up over my 275/60/20s (33x10.8R20) Just a tad taller but wider. I am thinking about the Nitto Terra Grapplers

285/60/20 (33.5x11.2R20) are an alternative. Tad taller and a squeak wider, I think I am going to run more tire instead of the drop for a while? I think the wider tires will look pretty good.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I can't figure out how to adjust the headlight beam. I have had the headlight assemblies out a few times but IDK.

761 - 777 of 777 Posts