F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
901 - 920 of 969 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
I love that feeling and it jumps down to 2nd and just gets it (y) (y) (y)

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
100% agreed, I'm not even fully revised yet and this e30 is absolutely bonkers from a roll. And I'm heavy as all get out. For sure I have no idea what I'm getting into, starting with an e50 after this. I have a feeling its going to be a bit nutty.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I need to get a draggy......
I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS SO MANY TIMES. Once I'm done with the e50 I don't think I'm going to be able to help myself. I want to see how fast I can get this heavy beast going.

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #904 ·
I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS SO MANY TIMES. Once I'm done with the e50 I don't think I'm going to be able to help myself. I want to see how fast I can get this heavy beast going.
One would think I would get a draggy, with the truck and my car....... I just might give in a get one!!!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #905 ·
well........ had an incident at work that kept me from heading to the track,,,,,, so my buddies didn't go wither, but we did make a plan for next week,

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Everyone is OK I hope?

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #907 ·

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #908 ·
I was just out in the garage looking at the front profile, I think you guys are correct........ Add the 3 cubes to the bottom and keep the grille cubes clear!!!

What do you think about setting them back in the pocket instead of right in the front on the lip? I have to fab brackets anyways!!!
I think I am going to add the raptor style lights to the bottom grill in front of the IC ........... just to give it some glow down low and look different than any other f150 in the dark!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #909 ·
So after living by trying to have vehicles that stand out more than the next, Obvious observations, everyone usually has the top 3 or 4 aftermarket amber raptor style lights. I was leaning to go with 3 - 4" cube lights in the lower 3 openings of the lower grill amber color, but didn't want to block the air and I just thought it would be too much amber light pointing down the road while driving. So since I have lower LED fogs and LED fogs in the grill, I have plenty of light to shine down road!.

Ordered 3 more Amber raptor lights and removed the side tabs off of 2,,,, then I spliced the wires for two plugs on the back of the led lights. Next a small hole in the two center plastic grill pieces, Then made the holes the size of the light back, so they will snap in. Re-connected the wires on the harness and ran the rest of the wires to the parking lamp lights on the passenger side and spliced in. A few zip ties to cleanly put the wire harness out of the way and here we are ...

remove the screw tabs

Hood Automotive lighting Gesture Food Thumb

starter hole

Automotive tire Grille Hood Bumper Wood

then after the small hole need to match the diameter of the plastic amber covers so the lights snap in place
Automotive lighting Amber Finger Gas Vehicle door

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design

Then we are done! Different profile than any Raptor or F150 at night, at least around here!!!
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Tire Grille

Going to post the night pictures later!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
I like it ! Cool !

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #911 ·
Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #912 ·
A 100$ can't even buy you 20 gallons - tad over 18 to be exact!!!

Font Display device Gas Gadget Machine

• Sad
Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,637 Posts
That warning on the pump should say "Avoid costly repairs and CEL issues. Please do not top off." :)

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #914 ·
Got the pictures

Definitely different and Amber Bright, Not sure if I am 100% sold on it looks great, but it looks good!! ---- will look bas a$$ at the track in the staging lane and so forth

Car Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Lights on, the way it will be seen driving

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Grille Automotive lighting

Dam n -- All lights on, Lower fogs and grill driving lights...... hella bright for sure

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Wheel

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
I think it looks great !

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #916 ·

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
+1 for custom diy mods!

·
Premium Member
707 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #919 ·
Me too. Be careful going up and parking on any high ridge or cliff / overlook. People will report you as UFO!
For sure different, just want to make sure its not too over done,,,

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
For sure different, just want to make sure its not too over done,,,
When I first bought my truck a neighbor asked me if the stripes on the side of the truck bothered me? Laughingly I said “I can’t see them when I’m driving around!”

Same with your grill lights! Just enjoy them the way you want them to look!

PS. I don’t talk to that neighbor anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

901 - 920 of 969 Posts