F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
921 - 940 of 969 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #921 ·
When I first bought my truck a neighbor asked me if the stripes on the side of the truck bothered me? Laughingly I said “I can’t see them when I’m driving around!”

Same with your grill lights! Just enjoy them the way you want them to look!

PS. I don’t talk to that neighbor anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL, that's classic

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #922 ·
got the calls from the guys tonight. Looks like we will attempt to get to the track tomorrow. But the weather looks to be a high of only 60 and it rained the other day. So there wont be much track prep........ probably will need to lower the tire psi pretty low........ but the turbos will like the cool air....

Thoughts on could track nights?

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #923 ·
Question, I have not launched with the rear locker engaged, do you think it makes a difference or is it just too much wear and tear for the rear end?

I will be clicking out of 4hi once I hit 2nd gear.....

·
Registered
368 Posts
What do you hope to accomplish shifting to 2wd? Have you seen a difference? I would just run 4hi all the way.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
1,699 Posts
What do you hope to accomplish shifting to 2wd? Have you seen a difference? I would just run 4hi all the way.

Yeah I agree. The truck won’t even shift out of 4high till you let of the gas.

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,432 Posts
Yeah I agree. The truck won’t even shift out of 4high till you let of the gas.
This is true and I believe only once you come down to a certain speed as well, but I could be wrong on that part.

Launching with locker on for myself the thought makes me cringe. I just feel like there’s to great of a chance for some serious damage even though I know people do it

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #927 · (Edited)
Made it to the track, 1st run of the night was against a completely stock powerboost.

He pulled off a 13.7...... Pretty darn good to my 12.60.....

Best run of the night was 12.49 at 109.12...... 7 Runs, 1st run at 12.60, couple from 12.76-78 and 12.61-65 range, one at 12.57 and then the 12.49 run

I was running the same tune I ran the last time, ,,,,,,, track was not ideal, most runs I was met with all 4 wheels spinning..... Temp was 55 out and I did lower the psi to 30.... probably should have went to 25ish,

I do have their race tune to try next...... so there might be a better time on there for me......, I think I want to give 5 star or boostking a crack at a E50 tune on the SCT......

I'll put the slips up later

Automotive parking light Car Cloud Land vehicle Vehicle

lights looked good in stagging and even better in the dark when I just ran in amber mode down the track,,,,, Actually had a few people comment on the amber light set up, all positive...

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Looks like the new tires aren’t slowing you down! Isn’t that a PB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
How are the Terra Grapplers on the track? I'll be needing tires this season and I plan on heading to the track 40 minutes north of me (will be first time running at a strip, I'm nervous as hell I'll look stupid the first time haha) once I get the e50 tune all wrapped up. Terras, Ridges, General Grabber ATX... I'm not sure, all still up in the air. Was curious about the Terras at higher speeds?

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,642 Posts
Bone stock Powerboost. :)
It's hard to explain just how good those things run.

You just drive them home from the dealership and grin. Admittedly the hotrodder in you is disappointed because you gotta mod something. Lol

Suspension is the low hanging fruit.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #931 ·
How are the Terra Grapplers on the track? I'll be needing tires this season and I plan on heading to the track 40 minutes north of me (will be first time running at a strip, I'm nervous as hell I'll look stupid the first time haha) once I get the e50 tune all wrapped up. Terras, Ridges, General Grabber ATX... I'm not sure, all still up in the air. Was curious about the Terras at higher speeds?

They will be good, just need to lower the psi. I should have went down to 25=28psi

High speeds, they are smooth

Reactions: Rhydon

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #932 ·
Looks like the new tires aren’t slowing you down! Isn’t that a PB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol, yest I was happy to see that, unless I got faster and didn't realize it because of the same times...Lol

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #933 ·
Bone stock Powerboost. :)
It's hard to explain just how good those things run.

You just drive them home from the dealership and grin. Admittedly the hotrodder in you is disappointed because you gotta mod something. Lol

Suspension is the low hanging fruit.

I think you are spot on sir and I would love to have one that is tuned...... I bet on 93 with a good tune, truck can be in the respectable 12's

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #934 ·
I have one more tune to run, to see the time difference, if I can get a tad lower. Its their race tune..... gotta data log it 1st...... but it should yield me slightly quicker times.

I am very happy with the calibrated power tunes...... I am really interested to see 5* or another reputable tuners E30 tune now in comparison. Next I guess.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #935 ·
Well, time for a serious bath, under carriage clean and interior deep clean,,,,, Seems the majority of the ran for the year may be over and I can't stand it anymore.

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #936 ·
question for you all, at the track, What do you all suggest I drop the tire pressure to?. I run the tires at 38 for daily driving......... I was thinking 26 or 28psi?

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
As low as you can go without losing full tread contact with the surface.

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #939 ·
Do you run the rear slightly lower than the fronts? Seems like it might be a good idea with that being the place all your weight is shifting to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did in my diesels trucks at the drags, of course that was 1200 ft tq but I am going to run the rear lower next time and play with my air bag psi setting ... thinking 28 rear and 30 front to start

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #940 ·
Well, its time to bring in the one of the best, if not thee best for the E50 Tune!!! BOOSTKING!

921 - 940 of 969 Posts