F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
961 - 980 of 1088 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #961 ·
Well, the 1st data log is off to boostking...... its a log of my calibrated power tune....... He said its ok to send him a log of my current tune and then when I can clear the tank and be pretty much 91 octane I will send him a base stock data log for my 91 tune..... Here we go, anxious for his dedicated E50 tune and for his thought on the Calibrated power E30-50 Tune log...

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #962 ·
Oh boy, my 1st BoostKing E50 File to load and data log. Came through the email just now. (Well a couple minutes ago)....... That is great service. I expected tomorrow since our last email conversation was close to his closing... So clearly, after hour attention... A+

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,073 Posts
Oh boy, my 1st BoostKing E50 File to load and data log. Came through the email just now. (Well a couple minutes ago)....... That is great service. I expected tomorrow since our last email conversation was close to his closing... So clearly, after hour attention... A+
Awesome. I’d love to see some of your logs. I really like his tunes. I gotta go out in a few minutes and do a datalog for him on the new big stage 4s!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #964 ·
Awesome. I’d love to see some of your logs. I really like his tunes. I gotta go out in a few minutes and do a data log for him on the new big stage 4s!
He said the calibrated power tune was hot for sure, and to be on the safe side, definitely stay at the E50 ....... but there was no major concerns, but my review of the data log probably shows yellow flag or two when running it at E30 or E40 would be with risk .

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #965 ·
Alright, after a few issues with the device updater, darn SCTX4 is sensitive (kinda why I went to the Auto Agent EZ Lynk} and doing some SCT Support Tech research, the BoostKing E50 tune is loaded! Now to sleep and take the 1st revision on its 1st commute!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #966 ·
Well, got to drive it on my commute after filling with E50,,,,,,, Then started to feel under the weather at work. Went and took a COVID Test and now I am held up at home with a positive test, high fever and massive headache..... Gotta isolate and keep the family as safe as I can.... So it going to be few days for a data log to be sent....

First impression, he did give me some power, but conservative of course and the truck feels smooth for throttle position and response. The Trans file,,,,,, I really like so far, like a lot!

·
Super Moderator
1,117 Posts
Rest up Boost Brother! Rest up!
You’re in my prayers for a speedy safely recovery.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,073 Posts
Well, got to drive it on my commute after filling with E50,,,,,,, Then started to feel under the weather at work. Went and took a COVID Test and now I am held up at home with a positive test, high fever and massive headache..... Gotta isolate and keep the family as safe as I can.... So it going to be few days for a data log to be sent....

First impression, he did give me some power, but conservative of course and the truck feels smooth for throttle position and response. The Trans file,,,,,, I really like so far, like a lot!
Oh no! Get well soon! Make sure you take lots of vitamins, and take some hydroxychloroquin, no matter the controversy on it. I have family members who had Covid and they took that, and in a couple days they felt better.

Yep, I really like Brett’s trans file too.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Feel better soon ! Lots of rest and water !

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #970 ·
Seems the fever broke, so tomorrow evening if I feel better, I just might take a quarantine solo data log run!!!! Get out of the damn room

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #971 ·
Well, I got my quarantine COVID Data Log Ride in today..... Pretty lengthy ride and a good long data log with some requested types of throttle and runs for BoostKing.

Really really love the trans...... needs a couple little tweaks just normal driving but 1/2 and wot runs, its pretty "Butter"!! Down shifts, couple spots of lag, but I am sure the next revision will be even better! About to load the data log, take a peek at it and send it off to him and see what he say after he returns from the 3 day Holiday weekend!!!!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #972 ·
question, does the sct data log delete after each export? Seems this last data log is extremely long/large

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,073 Posts
question, does the sct data log delete after each export? Seems this last data log is extremely long/large
Yeah I’m waiting to hear back from BoostKing as well. I figured he was having a long weekend. How does the truck feel power wise? Does it feel quicker now?

I don’t think they delete after you export it. It deletes as soon as you exit from the datalog/gauges and then go back into the datalog/gauges and start a new log. Up until you start logging a new log I don’t think it deletes.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #974 ·
Research tells me it holds one and deletes over the previous

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #975 ·
Yeah I’m waiting to hear back from BoostKing as well. I figured he was having a long weekend. How does the truck feel power wise? Does it feel quicker now?

I don’t think they delete after you export it. It deletes as soon as you exit from the datalog/gauges and then go back into the datalog/gauges and start a new log. Up until you start logging a new log I don’t think it deletes.

Truck feels pretty up there on power......... excited to feel the difference after a couple logs..... pulls like a freight train right now, feels like it any ways

But compared to my last tune from calibrated, its pretty close......... and I have no revision, so I am excited....

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #976 ·
Went ahead and did a better log this morning........ had no issues with file size this time and sent it off, I think I forgot to close and end the log last time, so it had a good long while of driving after the logs, which made the log way too large. So Brett has some really good data to work his magic on the revision now.....

I am really really impressed with just the overall smoothness of the truck, the trans, the power curve, the daily drivability..... I think a couple little tranny quirks to work out to my liking and getting the power up for the E50 standards, is next...... My review of the log, and in comparison with my last tune log from calibrated, there are some differences, and some very positive for the good ones......

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #978 ·
You can always crack open the log file in Excel and delete the lines of the log that don’t apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tried to figure that out but was scared to lose it all

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #979 ·
Since I am back with the sctx4 I had to mount it....... Came up with this for something that works for me, simplicity and view.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Sky Wheel

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,073 Posts
961 - 980 of 1088 Posts