F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1172 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #981 ·
You should run your cord down in the corner and underneath the weather stripping.
I was thinking of an alternative, like it. I'll do it

Thanks

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #982 ·
Every day I check my email and its almost as fun as logging on to AOL back in the day, wait for it wait for it, anticipation and those "you've got mail" words. then you are excited to see who emailed you....... BoostKing = Revision #2. He advised he added more power, made some minor tweaks and then adjustments for the trans.... Gave me a new data log file, as he wants to capture a couple extra things for the next revision. So the tune is now loaded and I am literally about to walk out the door and take a nice ride in town and out to the country property and back!

Great customer service since its was a 3 day weekend and I sent the log over the weekend to him then 1st business day he is back on top of it!!!!.......

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #983 ·
Ok, TOWMA8R, He a bad bad boy right now....... This truck is putting it down and rolling out when the foot asked it to! Great great normal driving characteristics, the trans is pretty good, really close to where I asked it to be and its more refined, smoothness...... Although more drive time will tell.in S Mode, and under more driving styles..... I will give it a few days of good driving, log it and send it back, but let me say, the truck a whole new animal.... I am grinning ear to ear....

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,387 Posts
Ok, TOWMA8R, He a bad bad boy right now....... This truck is putting it down and rolling out when the foot asked it to! Great great normal driving characteristics, the trans is pretty good, really close to where I asked it to be and its more refined, smoothness...... Although more drive time will tell.in S Mode, and under more driving styles..... I will give it a few days of good driving, log it and send it back, but let me say, the truck a whole new animal.... I am grinning ear to ear....
How much hp do you think you gained?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #985 ·
How much hp do you think you gained?
compared to? Calibrated E30-50 Tune or BoostKings dedicated E50? Anyways, I can't put a number on it but I do know what I ran at the track in comparison....... As for if its version 1 vs version 2 of his tunes, I do not know...... but its a notable difference...

I will try to get tot he track next Wednesday, Week from tomorrow. I should be on version 3 if not 4.....

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,387 Posts
compared to? Calibrated E30-50 Tune or BoostKings dedicated E50? Anyways, I can't put a number on it but I do know what I ran at the track in comparison....... As for if its version 1 vs version 2 of his tunes, I do not know...... but its a notable difference...

I will try to get tot he track next Wednesday, Week from tomorrow. I should be on version 3 if not 4.....
I guess I was saying versus your calibrated tune.

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #987 ·
Ah, well for a (From Calibrated Power) adaptive E30-50 tune, it was no slouch at all and the logs where pretty darn good. They do rely on the factory fail safes and sensors to do their job, When BoostKing looked at the data log, he said they where running some good amount of timing, and his advise was to make sure I am running on the high side of the E blend...... which I was....... So I know what it was on a consistent basis at the track, (22 runs),,,,,,, the tune did me well... and knock seemed to be controlled to an extent that was not alarming, but more keep an eye on it and assure the more E Blend the better I felt.... If you want a adaptive E30=50 Blend, I think they have it, I would recommend them.

Now, is BoostKings, Stronger (HP) I think so and for piece of mind and safety, as long as I run the blend of E50, for what we are logging and he is building from,. his tune should be better all around, HP, 1/4 Times, Data and Confidence in the tune..... For me, the track will tell the difference....... its pretty F N Strong

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #988 ·
Just sent a 4wd boosted launch simulated 1/4 pull to Brett....... Will also do a couple other data logs, different driving styles to give him plenty of data for revision #3

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #989 ·
Good wash and detail, good long drive and sent off some additional data logs for Brett. He has some good ones, all different driving styles to work off of for revision 3

Gotta get this dialed in, got called out by a buddies friend, seems he thinks his dodge 1500 rumble bee is all that..... My buddies says he has a cam, headers and tune and last he was told, the truck ran a 13 flat..... 2wd So he says the next time I go tot he track, he wants to meet me there and put $100 on it

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Well since my all stock gen 1 has taken an all stock 5.7 Ram in an 1/8th, I say you can take him.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #992 ·
Nice of your buddy’s buddy to cover your track fees and gas for the evening!
Lol, I am going to bring it up since he is the one who got me into this....

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #993 ·
According to Motor Trends test of the 2022 Ford Lighting, here is what they laid down

580 horsepower and 775 pound-feet of torque. Nail the throttle from rest and 60 mph arrives in 4.0 seconds flat, on its way to a 12.7-second quarter-mile at 107 mph, just before it hits its 110-mph governed top speed.

Not super impressive but no push over by any stretch of the imagination....

I would have thought it would be quicker, but then again its one heavy Mo Fo......

I was really considering one, but I think my e50 Tuned 3.5 still king for me right now......

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
655 Posts
According to Motor Trends test of the 2022 Ford Lighting, here is what they laid down

580 horsepower and 775 pound-feet of torque. Nail the throttle from rest and 60 mph arrives in 4.0 seconds flat, on its way to a 12.7-second quarter-mile at 107 mph, just before it hits its 110-mph governed top speed.

Not super impressive but no push over by any stretch of the imagination....

I would have thought it would be quicker, but then again its one heavy Mo Fo......

I was really considering one, but I think my e50 Tuned 3.5 still king for me right now......
I had a lightning preorder for a minute, then I looked at the proposed numbers and realized it was not practical for anything but commuting. Maybe someday, but for now I'm with you.. tuned ecoboost FTW.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,730 Posts
OK. So what percentage of miles on your current truck are miles that the Lightning couldn't have been the truck you were sitting in?

I know that for me personally it would be ALL the miles on my truck that were more than 200 miles from home. And all the miles that I have towed more than 100 miles from home.

For some of us that's a considerable portion of our total miles. For some it less. And for many it's hardly any percentage at all.

The problem with the Lightning, and most EVs, they just can't qualify as being your ONLY vehicle. That's undeniable.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #997 ·
OK. So what percentage of miles on your current truck are miles that the Lightning couldn't have been the truck you were sitting in?

I know that for me personally it would be ALL the miles on my truck that were more than 200 miles from home. And all the miles that I have towed more than 100 miles from home.

For some of us that's a considerable portion of our total miles. For some it less. And for many it's hardly any percentage at all.

The problem with the Lightning, and most EVs, they just can't qualify as being your ONLY vehicle. That's undeniable.
Well, I commute 60 miles a day to work total, so 90 % of my miles (51k) could be done on an electric vehicle. Although I do tow an RV and the electric miles towing sukl...... and I tow my rock crawler so If I purchased a lightening I would need to buy a tow pig....... Something about towing and having to waste time at a charging station is not for me, or if I want to go on a 800 mile trip.....

However, hats off to Ford for making the electric truck look like a truck and the Pro model is absolutely affordable.to most..... The XLT and above gets ridiculously priced.

If I didn't tow a few times a year, I would for sure buy the lightening

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I think a very small electric car would serve me well while keeping my TowBeast for truck stuff.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #999 ·
I am still waiting very patiently for my revision from BoostKing....... To his enjoyment and I am sure much needed and deserved Vacation this week, I feel like my wife waiting for the amazon delivery truck...Lol

I hope to have the next revision by Tuesday so I can possibly hit the track Wednesday

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,000 ·
I think a very small electric car would serve me well while keeping my TowBeast for truck stuff.
agreed for most, but I have to really enjoy the car I sit in...... a little small vehicle, other than a quick tesla performance or equal, is for me, then I price myself out of one...Lol

981 - 1000 of 1172 Posts