F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1300 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,042 ·
I’m 2WD so no all terrain tires for me. I prefer my trucks lowered…although I have not yet had the pleasure of lowering mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a lot can vouch, I have been contemplating on lowering my truck for a long time, and still think about it often,,,

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,617 Posts
As a lot can vouch, I have been contemplating on lowering my truck for a long time, and still think about it often,,,
I honestly am a fan of lowered trucks… No offense to anyone, but some trucks just look like crap when they’re lifted. I’ve seen a few f150s with a 6 inch lift and it just looks bad. Now a big diesel truck looks good lifted, but I’ve also seen them lowered and they look good too. It’s all about your taste and what you’re doing with the truck. Sometimes I drive on mountain roads, but I never go off roading with my truck. It’s pretty much a street truck.

Honestly man, I think you should lower your truck, it would look awesome.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,045 ·
I can’t stand that mine has that ridiculous rake to it…makes it look like it needs a few hundred pounds in it to sit where it should be.

Yup, 1st thing I did was eliminate that awful rake

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,047 ·
I raked the entire campsite at high noon today.

Lol, I always rake the camp site and bring a small cordless blower.... wife gets annoyed but loves the end result..... often times saying , "aren't you going to clean the site yet"!!!!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,048 ·
On the line with Brett today, he remoted in and selected certain PIDs that the newer trucks won't record properly. I asked him about reading the logs and he set my livelink up different, So the last data log revision 3, that I indicated was 48.9, was actually 51.98...

So after he set it up, went out for another log and sent it off. Same as the number (51,98) was 51.97.... That is revision 3, so now revision 4 he will be turning it up some.... So the log is sent off and now I wait for his revision, revision 4!!!!!

What does the 51.97/8 compute to?
So I took sometime to data long this morning before the 103 temp sets in..... 1st time for this revision that I got a chance to stand on it and push it through some 1/4 mile logs with 4wd boosted launch and a couple other driving styles Brett (BoostKing) requested

The boosted launch, definitely the TQ changes made this truck squat and launch hard, probably the hardest ever... will for sure have to play with the air pressure for the tires at the track and find the best RPM for max launch with vs wheel spin...... it can take more than what I usually launch at but there is a fine line for too much wheel spin/hop now...Lol

For those of you interested. this revision Brett turned it up with timing. boost and other tweaks to TQ management

Some data, in short

airflow*/min 54.17
boost 22.04
knock -2.47 / +0.67 average 0.17

I am not expert, but all the other PIDs Look good, I will be really interested as to what Brett thinks and says now !!!!

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,617 Posts
So I took sometime to data long this morning before the 103 temp sets in..... 1st time for this revision that I got a chance to stand on it and push it through some 1/4 mile logs with 4wd boosted launch and a couple other driving styles Brett (BoostKing) requested

The boosted launch, definitely the TQ changes made this truck squat and launch hard, probably the hardest ever... will for sure have to play with the air pressure for the tires at the track and find the best RPM for max launch with vs wheel spin...... it can take more than what I usually launch at but there is a fine line for too much wheel spin/hop now...Lol

For those of you interested. this revision Brett turned it up with timing. boost and other tweaks to TQ management

Some data, in short

airflow*/min 54.17
boost 22.04

I am not expert, but all the other PIDs Look good, I will be really interested as to what Brett thinks and says now !!!!
Well, 54 lb/min is about 460 wheel horsepower, but you’re running a lot more timing on that ethanol, so your wheel horsepower is higher than that. Only way to know now is to get on a dyno. Let’s just say, you’re creeping up to the limit of the stock turbos soon!

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,050 · (Edited)
Well, 54 lb/min is about 460 wheel horsepower, but you’re running a lot more timing on that ethanol, so your wheel horsepower is higher than that. Only way to know now is to get on a dyno. Let’s just say, you’re creeping up to the limit of the stock turbos soon!
Well, there are a lot of variables but from what Brett has mentioned about where I should be and from what I have seen from similar E50 Tuned 19's.on stock turbos.... The dyno RWHP will be between 520-535ish maybe slightly more with mods similar to mine and TQ to be in the high 500's (570-90ish) But yes the limits of the stock turbos for my 19 will be pushed to almost the limit Lol

I have seen a few others in the 540-550 range, but probably on a pretty hot tune really pushing it........ I feel really good with Brett and his attention to the details and trucks PIDS,,, giving me the best tune available at a comfort level........ but knowing the risk.....

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,617 Posts
Well, there are a lot of variables but from what Brett has mentioned about where I should be and from what I have seen from similar E50 Tuned 19's.on stock turbos.... The dyno RWHP will be between 520-535ish maybe slightly more with mods similar to mine and TQ to be in the high 500's (570-90ish) But yes the limits of the stock turbos for my 19 will be pushed to almost the limit Lol

I have seen a few others in the 540-550 range, but probably on a pretty hot tune really pushing it........ I feel really good with Brett and his attention to the details and trucks PIDS,,, giving me the best tune available at a comfort level........ but knowing the risk.....
Yeah. That’s awesome. Way more power than I have, that’s all I know haha. But yeah, once you go into ethanol, lb/min is not an accurate way to guestimate your horsepower anymore.

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
823 Posts

Some data, in short

airflow*/min 54.17
boost 22.04

How much timing? I've seen 53 lb/min on my 5star e30 tune with 20lbs boost and 8-10 degrees.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,053 ·
How much timing? I've seen 53 lb/min on my 5star e30 tune with 20lbs boost and 8-10 degrees.
Think about it this way, I am on revision 5, so each revision has a slight step up in timing, boost and other small changes either my tuner wants or I request. I am not close to the final revision........ Brett sent me another revision today, he added more timing and boost, made a few small changes and said the knock still isn't a concern, so time to start making some real E50 Power!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,054 ·
Okay,...... this latest revision from BoostKing ........Now we are talking some serious grunt...... I mean there was grunt this last revision but hot dang, Brett wasn't kidding when he said now we are getting into it!!!!! I guess I should have keyed into his statement, "E50 in a daily driver, now its going to be fun"

BoostKings attention to detail and the small revision steps to refine and refine along with the above average turn around time and responsiveness to emails..... feels like I am his only customer sometimes,,,, which we know I am not!!!

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
Awesome! I love hearing about happy BK customers. I really enjoy working with Brett on the truck and the ST.

Your airflow seems to be inline with expectations for your elevation. Everyone states that the turbos should be able to do 60#/min, but logs usually show 54-56#/min when they are turned right up. I’m sure some pumping/efficiency is lost due to the piping and intercooler.

I’m at 3500ft and at 22psi, I see 54-55#/min. But I guess it’s apples to oranges, being Gen1 to Gen2. I would guess you are in the 560-570whp range. Time slips will probably help tell.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,056 ·
Awesome! I love hearing about happy BK customers. I really enjoy working with Brett on the truck and the ST.

Your airflow seems to be inline with expectations for your elevation. Everyone states that the turbos should be able to do 60#/min, but logs usually show 54-56#/min when they are turned right up. I’m sure some pumping/efficiency is lost due to the piping and intercooler.

I’m at 3500ft and at 22psi, I see 54-55#/min. But I guess it’s apples to oranges, being Gen1 to Gen2. I would guess you are in the 560-570whp range. Time slips will probably help tell.

I am really leaning on getting to the track tomorrow night, but the temp is expected to be in the high 90s. It does cool in the evenings.. so I might go and spectate until the last hour of the track open and get 1-3 runs in when conditions are better.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,617 Posts
Okay,...... this latest revision from BoostKing ........Now we are talking some serious grunt...... I mean there was grunt this last revision but hot dang, Brett wasn't kidding when he said now we are getting into it!!!!! I guess I should have keyed into his statement, "E50 in a daily driver, now its going to be fun"

BoostKings attention to detail and the small revision steps to refine and refine along with the above average turn around time and responsiveness to emails..... feels like I am his only customer sometimes,,,, which we know I am not!!!
Dude…… that’s insane. I wish I had ethanol. Wish I was at less elevation too. But, good thing for me is, everyone else on the road is wayyyy down on power.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,617 Posts
What about Meth? Nitrous?
No nitrous for me. I’d try meth maybe… I’ve considered it quite a few times. My truck is a daily, so I honestly don’t floor it that often except for datalogs.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,060 ·
well, well well........ Maybe some know this and some don't but I have always been transparent and honest....... and I will continue to be,

I made it to the track tonight, made two passes because of time and weather.

I am going to have to send a log back to brett and see what he thinks..... Maybe, its just simply where we are at with the revisions, but I was expecting more and got less which equaled disappointment,

Truck feels strong, but as we all know, the butt dyno is no comparison for a real dyno or track times,,,,, With that said... Here we go

13.40 & 13.44...... 13.40 was on the latest's revision and 13.44 was the previous revision. When I ran the 13.44 I thought, da mn something is wrong so I loaded the previous version and came away with 13.44 same speed at 102mph... I am pretty sure my E blend is E50 plus or minus a point or two..... so that should not be an issue...

Now. we all know my previous calibrated power tune Adaptive Auto Octane E30-E50 netted me 12.50's all day and a 12.4# once.or twice......

So yup, there it is,,,,,,,, head scratching

Feel free to chime in and yup,,,,,,

1041 - 1060 of 1300 Posts