F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1301 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,620 Posts
ok, so the PID for my EZ Lynk reading for Ethanol Percentage is sitting at 54.3 ..... Little higher than the E50 for the tune and pushing the limit of the stock pumps, even if I am using the VMP Booster.... Retrieved some fuel from the tank with my long slender tube and pump ball set up. .....homemade of course!

According to by test, after driving the truck to assure the tank was mixed, and using my test kit the content is sitting right between the 50% & 55%,,,,, If I have and educated guess by the marks on the bottle, its a tad over the 53% mark..... but damn close to the PID if you ask me @ 54.3%.... I have had many people with the Ngauge and other devicces that display the trucks PID say that they are pretty accurate, but between my small handful of test I have done, I am pretty confident in the Ez Lynk PID reading accurate as it is reading from the ECM and the physical test is as close as you can get.....

With all of that, since I have the Calibrated power E-30 to E50 Flex tune in the truck, I will get the mixture to E45-50, I will then be hitting the track Wednesday. for the best time and then after that, I will come home, load bretts latest revision, driver a full week and then send off a data log and go from there ...
Sounds good. I am way too impatient to wait a week between revisions, especially with three different tunes going on right now. But I make sure I drive it about 5 miles before I punch it.

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,082 ·
Sounds good. I am way too impatient to wait a week between revisions, especially with three different tunes going on right now. But I make sure I drive it about 5 miles before I punch it.
I totally get it man...... I have been doing a of reading from a bunch of tuners and what I can tell, getting the ECM to learn after a new tune is loaded you really want to put the truck through a few miles and different throttle positions. So in fairness and after talking with calibrated tuning, I will give the truck 25-50 miles and better to do this all in one session...... This way I can eliminate that the truck wasn't learned all the way yet.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,084 ·
The Ez Lynk Auto Agent 2.0 is the tuning and monitoring platform..... The 2019 F150 has the ability to activate that PID/sensor capability. Its the factory sensor .

Also, SCT Devices in certain years can read as well, as long as the tuner activates the PID in their tune

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,086 ·
what’s the PID?
My bad, It will be for a SCT Device Alcohol Fuel Percentage and for the EZ Lynk its ethanol Fuel Percentage........ Description might very year to year ,,, screen shot of my Ez Lynk app from my phone

Light Product Font Line Screenshot

·
Registered
787 Posts
My bad, It will be for a SCT Device Alcohol Fuel Percentage and for the EZ Lynk its ethanol Fuel Percentage........ Description might very year to year ,,, screen shot of my Ez Lynk app from my phone

View attachment 179904
lol, thanks! I’ll dig around.. wonder if my 18 2.7 has it. I’m a software “engineer” by trade so I feel comfortable poking around

boostking was having trouble getting data from my truck, so far I’ve been able to fix that using some examples from other tuners configs. I think you had a similar issue.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,088 ·
lol, thanks! I’ll dig around.. wonder if my 18 2.7 has it. I’m a software “engineer” by trade so I feel comfortable poking around

boostking was having trouble getting data from my truck, so far I’ve been able to fix that using some examples from other tuners configs. I think you had a similar issue.
Yup, he is having issues getting some of the PIDS to read under his configuration he sent me for data logging

He even logged into live link and selected them and loaded directly to my sct and we are still having issues.......

Might try to just log through the sct straight to the lap top in the truck next time

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,089 ·
Well, teach me a lesson to actually check and see if the track was open, Two options for tracks to pick, I pick for option A and as I drive up, its freaking closed....... Had I picked option B, it was open....... Lesson learned, check the Calendar Dummy!

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,602 Posts
Well, teach me a lesson to actually check and see if the track was open, Two options for tracks to pick, I pick for option A and as I drive up, its freaking closed....... Had I picked option B, it was open....... Lesson learned, check the FN Calendar Dummy!
I still follow them on Instagram and just saw they're closed until August, my first thought was oh man I wonder if Towma8r was planning on going tonight.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,092 ·
What track do you guys go to? I'm about 40 mins from Sacramento Raceway and have been tempted to go.
Ill be headed to Sonoma Next week, they are open! PM me you cell, I'll text when we are at Sac

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,093 ·
I still follow them on Instagram and just saw they're closed until August, my first thought was oh man I wonder if Towma8r was planning on going tonight.
and you didn't warn me Lol

Rest assure, i will never travel to another one without checking before hand

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,094 ·
update

I did ask boostKing to turn on the PID for the ethanol percentage and he sent me a file and said he has not done that for a ecoboost yet. So to load the tune and do some basic driving and send it back....

I have been testing my auto agent pid and actual tank content and its 98% accurate to the reading and the test.... So now that is done. I will get back to data logging with boostking to see what we have.

I have not got to the track but have been running the Calibrated Power tune E blend and the trucks being doing great and the knock is well under control at WOT and such. I will be emailing boostking and try to get his E50 tune dialed in, I just hope it does better and something was off.....

·
Registered
787 Posts
update

I did ask boostKing to turn on the PID for the ethanol percentage and he sent me a file and said he has not done that for a ecoboost yet. So to load the tune and do some basic driving and send it back....

I have been testing my auto agent pid and actual tank content and its 98% accurate to the reading and the test.... So now that is done. I will get back to data logging with boostking to see what we have.

I have not got to the track but have been running the Calibrated Power tune E blend and the trucks being doing great and the knock is well under control at WOT and such. I will be emailing boostking and try to get his E50 tune dialed in, I just hope it does better and something was off.....
That PID doesn’t work for me, unless I did something wrong.. But our trucks are different so I don’t expect the same things will work.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,096 ·
That PID doesn’t work for me, unless I did something wrong.. But our trucks are different so I don’t expect the same things will work.
I think yours has the ability from what I know about the year, your tuner can activate it from what I understand. but like everything, I could be giving miss information........

·
Registered
787 Posts
I think yours has the ability from what I know about the year, your tuner can activate it from what I understand. but like everything, I could be giving miss information........
yeah, no worries about misleading me. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a change in 19 or between the 3.5 and 2.7

i have an inline sensor and guage to read the %, but it would be nice to datalog it.

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,602 Posts
I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a change in 19 or between the 3.5 and 2.7

i’ve been told a few times now by a few different companies it’s not possible with my 2019 3.5 ecoboost

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,099 ·
i’ve been told a few times now by a few different companies it’s not possible with my 2019 3.5 ecoboost
What's not possible? Activating the PID for ethanol %? I can tell you the EZ Lynk has the ability and does activate the PID and I am now doing the same with the SCT,

I

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
What's not possible? Activating the PID for ethanol %? I can tell you the EZ Lynk has the ability and does activate the PID and I am now doing the same with the SCT,

I
Yeah, I guess I left an important part out though, for my truck with the ngauge. That was over a year ago though so maybe things have changed.
Not a big deal though, I’m gonna run this ngauge until it dies which may be The whole time frame I own this truck.

1081 - 1100 of 1301 Posts