F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1262 Posts

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,161 ·
just ordered a dragy recently and will finally get back to data logging with BoostKing. and compare some 0-60, 1/4 mile and mid mph pulls between my calibrated tunes and BoostKing....... couple reasons why, work has been crazy, temps are too high to get to the track and its easier to roll out in the back at night when its cool to do a few runs as we compare tunes and see dat logging progress.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,162 · (Edited)
Dragy is here....... just got to learn it, which should be no issue and then I will start some comparison runs and start back up with dat logging with BoostKing

·
Moderstrator
1,872 Posts
What is Draggy?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,165 ·
What is Draggy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bad, Dragy......... Not Draggy But it is:

Race precision timing for less than a tank of gas!
With Dragy you can measure your performance any place, any time, again and again.

Measure drag data such as ¼ Mile, ½ Mile, 0-60 mph, 60-130 mph, 100-200 kmh and more including custom measurements!

Its pretty darn accurate......... I have a lot of time slips to compare, so I will see on my own but there are plenty of dragy vs time slip track testing and its pretty damn accurate...... just have to account for the 2ft rollout

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,166 ·
Dragy is here....... just got to learn it, which should be no issue and then I will start some comparison runs and start back up with dat logging with BoostKing
Oh Boy, looking at the weather, I will need to do some late night or early (before the commute) runs..... temps for the next week, starting today @102, 104. 105. 109, 105 & 102...... them fans are going to be screaming!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,167 ·
managed to get the truck washed as the sun was going down and that was about it.....I'll try some hits with the dragy tomorrow night.........

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,168 ·
After 9pm and its still 90 degrees, so I went out with the dragy anyways...... just did a 45-85mph pull and a 0-60..... pretty close to E50 on the blend, running the calibrated power E30-50 Auto Octane Tune...... same tune I ran my 12.49 and all day 12.50s (mind it, was like 65-70 degrees

4.97 for the 45-85mph (playing with what gear is the best still to start he run at)

after a few of the 45-85....... went for the 0-60, truck was hot already....

4.29 for the 0-60

Will try a very cool early morning 1/4 mile then swap to BoostKing E50 tune and start logging then see the comparison after a revision or two

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,169 ·
well, managed to get a run in with the truck,,,,,,

Launched at 2k, pretty soft
Drive, not Sport
TC off - Advance Trac on
fuel was E49 according to the reader
Font Electronic device Gadget Multimedia Darkness

I know the 12'50s are there with a better launch, and a tad cooler out,,,,,,,

Looks like I can load BoostKing back in and do a comparison run the send off logs and give him another go!

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,586 Posts
Nice man

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,171 ·
Not too bad for a 33.2 inch by 12 inch tire.....Lol ....... thinking about my 12.49 and multiple 12.50 runs, my tires where the 32,9 by 10,5 and a tad less weight

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,172 ·
well, ok I got to run the BoostKing tune tonight with the dragy for a comparison. This is the tune that at the track last ran a 13.4 and Boostking said had a lot of knock and he felt it could not be pushed...... I really think O had my E mix at the 60-65 range for the E50 dedicated tune...... I think for my stock fuel system, even with the vmp booster had rail pressure issues, and with the hot temps...... was a time killer..... So another try tonight at the same mixture as the Calibrated tune run I posted with boostKing resulted in the below......(very happy to see it was comparable..... hoping the data log lets BoostKing give it more......... there is a noticeable high shift around 90 mph that the truck falls off, then lights again for the remainder of the pull, that fix will help a lot)

BoostKing
Launched at 2600 -- tad harder
Drive, not Sport
TC off - Advance Trac on
fuel was E49 according to the reader again

Font Gadget Technology Communication Device Multimedia

below was the 1st BoostKing run at 2000 rpm launch..... interesting, look at the speed (2mph more) compared to the second run above with the harder launch,,,, being the 1st run it was cooler engine temps.....
Font Sky Darkness Screenshot Terrestrial plant

here is the calibrated power I did in the previous post, so we can compare and talk

Font Electronic device Gadget Multimedia Darkness

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
529 Posts
Trap is same or higher with BK, so maybe he's more protective of low end, which would match my experience (and be a-ok with me), but make more power??

Super pleased they are at least in the ballpark. I'm not looking to be the fastest, but I'd love to be in the conversation.

Interesting you note a falloff on a high shift - I was experiencing the same. Was fully Trans-tune related, because it went away reverting to stock trans strategy but same Engine strategy.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,174 ·
Trap is same or higher with BK, so maybe he's more protective of low end, which would match my experience (and be a-ok with me), but make more power??

Super pleased they are at least in the ballpark. I'm not looking to be the fastest, but I'd love to be in the conversation.

Interesting you note a falloff on a high shift - I was experiencing the same. Was fully Trans-tune related, because it went away reverting to stock trans strategy but same Engine strategy.
BK 0-60 was better....... the Calibrated power tune pulls really good mid to end

Drove it hard tonight again, BK definitely has a big stall in the upper gear..... 6-8 area

I am really interesting to hear BK take on the data log and my brief out on the shifting...... I am hoping he feels good about some changes and turning it up some ,,,,,, I just can not imagine this would be it....well hoping not

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,175 ·
My Diff brace should be here today and hopefully on by Sunday.........

Good News, I got a new revision by BoostKing...... he said the data log of the truck looks good, and he turned it up....... so I will load revision 6 and see where we are at after a few days of learning....... I'll hit the back road dragy test in a couple of days!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,176 ·
Feel good Saturday..... VAS Diff Brace came in via the Brown Box Truck,,,,,,, I will load BoostKings revision tonight and 1st thing in the Morning tomorrow (While it is cool out) install the brace!.......

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,177 ·
I had the MSD Coil Packs on my 15, what do you all think about them on the 19, given the custom tuning and so forth....... worth the slight $$$ investment?

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,179 ·
Surely you know that around here you are going to get a strong vouch for Motorcraft coils. :)

And they have earned the respect and loyalty over the years.
Well, Snake....... I may take that subtle hint and check that you vote for OEM..... Lol

1161 - 1180 of 1262 Posts