F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
yup yup yup, hard to leave the performance tune alone...LOL........ Just so much fun to drive it with that tune in it...... I might try the tow/per next...

Washed and cleaned it today!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
So a lot more time with the 5*

Its a great tune, no quirks..... Only complaint is the MPGs even driving like I want the best MPGs....... its definitely not a good as GH or BCB in town.... Freeway, its close but not a good...

After the next tank I'll post the hand calculated results

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
Well, since I like the stock wheels so much and I leveled the front 2", I decided to go with 1.5" spacers and 285/65r18 tires. So with the 1.5" spacers and the additional width, should give me a pretty good stance and look.

Current:

275/65r18

32.1" tall
10.8" wide

New Set up:

1.5" spacer

285/65r18

32.6" Tall
11.2" Wide

Thoughts? I don't think it will rub. I just like the look of the OEM wheels, which for me, I never keep the OEM wheels on a vehicle...... So I figured the 1.5 spacers and wider tire would give it a good stance.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
What a pain in the ars....... but go my Sync updated to the latest version after freezing multiple times before hand......

·
Registered
146 Posts
Did you notice any difference with the latest version of Sync? My truck came with Sync 3 v3.0 already, but I do have an update available (also called Synv 3 v3.0, confusingly enough). I haven't installed it since I figured it wasn't much of a difference since it's the same version number. Notice anything?

Also, have you tried the BCB tunes on your '19 yet? Would be interested to hear how you like them on your '19 after your unexpected GH experience on the new truck.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Did you notice any difference with the latest version of Sync? My truck came with Sync 3 v3.0 already, but I do have an update available (also called Synv 3 v3.0, confusingly enough). I haven't installed it since I figured it wasn't much of a difference since it's the same version number. Notice anything?

Also, have you tried the BCB tunes on your '19 yet? Would be interested to hear how you like them on your '19 after your unexpected GH experience on the new truck.
It is a different sync version specific and it has helped resolve all my issues and the system does work faster.

I have done a few miles with the BCB tune, it is a nice tune, ore responsive than the GH but not as much as the 5*. When I return from my 3 week vacation I plan on some good seat time with the BCB tune

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Truck will get a needed rest.... Off to enjoy a 3 week vacation and two week cruise......!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Back from Vacation, gave it a good bath ionside and out then went to the Lake today and its dirty..... Lol.....

Should be getting tot he track soon once the heat drops some and will be getting an intake shortly, deciding which one....... Maybe the S&B

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Got a great deal on some Eibach Pro Truck Shocks........ Heard good things about them..... Call me anal, but I wanted the bilstein 4600, but didn't think yellow would look too good under the magma red truck and the 5100's, too shinny..Lol

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
eibach.jpg

Like I said, these are sexy and will look great under the Magma Red!!!!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #111

So, as all of you may know, got these to put on the rear and replace the stock sponges...... Went with the reviews and the fact the grey matches the trucks grill and wheel grey on the truck.... call me anal but, looks sweet!!

They are a beaut!

So, when I bought the truck a couple months ago with 7 miles on it, looks like the factory boys stripped the nut, must of been a Friday install! Got it off, but had to be creative... minor road block as the rest of the install wnet super easy...

They look great under the rear and what people will see as they walk by, and I do believe they will perform equally as well!!! Very happy with them!
fshock1.jpg
fshock2.jpg
fshock3.jpg
fshock4.jpg

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Man those eibachs look really good! Have you had 5100's before and how do they compare if you did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I have no doubt that they would be superior to oem, thus an upgrade.

But I could never convince myself to choose suspension components based on color. :)

I can't even see any of it from the cockpit, where what those pieces are doing matters most.

If the struts shocks I wanted were PINK, I'd either live with the smack they drew me, or paint them. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I have no doubt that they would be superior to oem, thus an upgrade.

But I could never convince myself to choose suspension components based on color. :)

I can't even see any of it from the cockpit, where what those pieces are doing matters most.

If the struts shocks I wanted were PINK, I'd either live with the smack they drew me, or paint them. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well, I can be anal like that......... but the reviews for the shocks where the main driving factor!!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Man those eibachs look really good! Have you had 5100's before and how do they compare if you did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran them all, many years of each, and the 4600's had my vote... the 5100 always a tad too stiff for my taste...... these so far are good

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Should be hitting the track next week, will report the results......

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Trying to figure out my next mod...

I am thinking an upgraded intercooler and a intake....(and I know its not the best or most productive mod, but it will be a contributing mod none the less)

After that, probably some sort of exhaust then new wheels and tires.....

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Trying to figure out my next mod...

I am thinking an upgraded intercooler and a intake....(and I know its not the best or most productive mod, but it will be a contributing mod none the less)

After that, probably some sort of exhaust then new wheels and tires.....
It's your truck so do what you want 😁 Intercooler would be great for that truck as well as a sweet exhaust since. Are you thinking something with a little rumble or Borla Atak level?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I ordered a aftermarket grille for the F150.... similar tot he grille I had on my 2015

101 - 120 of 145 Posts
About this Discussion
144 Replies
24 Participants
TOWMA8R
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing