F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1201 - 1220 of 1265 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,452 Posts
I have been following this thread for a while and have finally decided to join.

I have a 2018 3.5 ecoboost and have been running the 120 calibrated power tune for a while now.

I however am starting to do bolt ons now.
On Friday I should have everything ordered in, and start installing at the diesel shop that I work at. I am going to be installing the following.

fic 1000cc injectors
Dw400 intank pump
Cvfab down pipe and Titan v2 intercooler
Ams turbo adapters
Revised calibrated power e30-e100 race tune

I will more than likely make an install video as our shops is going to start trying to inch our way into the ecoboost market.

Anyone have any time slips of dyno numbers with this set up?
Welcome!! The Ecoboost world is an awesome place to hang out!!

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts

I have a 2018 3.5 ecoboost and have been running the 120 calibrated power tune for a while now.

On Friday I should have everything ordered in, and start installing at the diesel shop that I work at. I am going to be installing the following.

fic 1000cc injectors
Dw400 intank pump
Ams turbo adapters

I will more than likely make an install video as our shops is going to start trying to inch our way into the ecoboost market.

Welcome to the forum !

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,203 ·

fic 1000cc injectors
Dw400 intank pump
Ams turbo adapters

I have obviously been running calibrated power E30-50 Tune. Slips proven are 12.52 and 12.49 best..... more constant mid to high 12.5's all day !!!!!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,204 ·

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,205 ·
Loaded BoostKings new revision #7..... the TCM is great!!! really like it.. as the other revisions not so much....... so I asked him to leave the TCM alone

The dragy is below... I felt it could have been better..... I think I could have left harder,.... this was the 3rd run, each run got better... 12.90 the 1st and the 2nd was 12.85 then the 3rd below. I hope the logs show he can turn it up and feels he can give it more on the lower end.... told him my goal is 12.5's or better on a relatively safe tune..... (still not as quick as Calibrated Powers E30-50 Adaptive tune...... But I think I trust Brett to have a safer version!!!!
Font Gadget Multimedia Electronic device Darkness

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,208 ·
Any thought of trying 5star e50? They definitely make power.
I have used them on the past, non E tune and their customer service was very lacking for my experience.. It would take extremely long for email communications and even longer to get revisions back

I do see their results on E50, pretty impressive... just don't know if I can tolerate that lack of customer service....

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have used them on the past, non E tune and their customer service was very lacking for my experience.. It would take extremely long for email communications and even longer to get revisions back

I do see their results on E50, pretty impressive... just don't know if I can tolerate that lack of customer service....
agree, revision turnaround is slow with zero feedback

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,210 ·
Heard back from BoostKing....... All is looking good on his end for the data log.... he says we are pretty close, closer than I think and he is ok with a tad hotter tune....... So we will give that a try and go from there...

The trans TCM, its still making me smile.... he nailed it

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,211 ·
BoostKings revision #8 came in today via email. I think I will log one more run with the current revision in the truck, #7 and then load #8....

I am really liking the drivability and the responsiveness of BoostKings revision #7.......... Like i have mentioned the TCM strategy is exactly what I asked for.....

I will wait until I run revision #8 for a while before I start to compare Calibrated Powers tunes and BoostKings

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
532 Posts
Right behind you with #7 revision from BK loaded yesterday! He says it’s the final crank of boost, after which it’s time to play with timing of all looks good.

That’s when I expect things to get spicy.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,213 ·
Right behind you with #7 revision from BK loaded yesterday! He says it’s the final crank of boost, after which it’s time to play with timing of all looks good.

That’s when I expect things to get spicy.
Yup,,, same here...... he said boost is great, now we ad a little more timing and see how she takes it!!!!,,,,,, He is loving the curves and graphs for what he is seeing in the logs

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,214 ·
about to go make a hit with the current revision and log, then come home and put in the latest revision and commute to work, After the commute tomorrow make a hit and see where we are at....

Put the swril rings or silencer rings in to have brett look at the log with this current revision and compare to the last run the other night,,,,, Curious to see oif there is a data log difference..

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,215 ·
well, another hit with revision 7, logged it and sending to brett,,,,,,,, now I will move onto the revision 8, tad hotter with additional timing,, With the swirls in this time.... Lol... two runs similar 0-60...... do they make the truck more efficient.. did it make for this best run with the revision?

1.83 60ft
4.25 0-60mph
107.41 mph

Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,216 ·
snapped this today when I installed the swirls ...... sure is pretty

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,220 ·
rev 8... couple logs off to brett....... lets see... similar dragy times as the last..... could be the driver.....Lol

1201 - 1220 of 1265 Posts