F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1221 - 1240 of 1265 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,221 · (Edited)
Well, seems brett is satisfied with revision 7 and said there was lower spark and a tad more knock on rev 8....... So we may be near the end of revisions, more so probably ....

Brett has been wonderful to work with and I think his tune is right there in the 12.60 range... maybe better at the track in the right conditions..... For this I will need to wait until October or so because its is just too hot this Month for a good track day...... So more to come on actual track times for BoostKings E50 tune

I will drive it for awhile, send logs off to refine a few things and then go from there........... Not sure who I will daily drive, Calibrated or BoostKing...... I like them both and both are very comparable...

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,452 Posts
Well, seems brett is satisfied with revision 7 and said there was lower spark and a tad more knock on rev 8....... So we may be near the end of revisions, more so probably ....

Brett has been wonderful to work with and I think his tune is right there in the 12.60 range... maybe better at the track in the right conditions..... For this I will need to wait until October or so because its is just too hot this Month for a good track day...... So more to come on actual track times for BoostKings E50 tune

I will drive it for awhile, send logs off to refine a few things and then go from there........... Not sure who I will daily drive, Calibrated or BoostKing...... I like them both and both are very comparable...
Now it’s time for some CRP stage 4 turbos!!!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,223 ·

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,452 Posts
Finally got my dw400, Fic 1000cc injectors, Downpipe, adapters, intercooler and drop in filter installed and tuned for e85. How much of a difference would upgrading turbos make? Is that the next logical step?
If he wants more power, yes. He’s going to gain no less than 100 horse if he upgrades the turbos.

Reactions: DunePig

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,226 ·
If he wants more power, yes. He’s going to gain no less than 100 horse if he upgrades the turbos.
Well, I am definitely shopping for new lungs for the might 3.5!!!!! Blaming BoostkingMatt... Lol

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,452 Posts
Well, I am definitely shopping for new lungs for the might 3.5!!!!! Blaming BoostkingMatt... Lol
Hahaha, im ok with that! I’ll take the blame!

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alright so I have questions.

Calibrated power tunes have been great…..until adding injectors and in tank pump. I’m not sure if I have messed something up on the install or if the truck is unhappy with the tunes.

Cold starts on the truck are slow and stumbles as it comes up to idle. Hitting on the truck before operating temp is hit results in misfires showing up on my ezlynk. Now once the truck is warm is starts great runs hard and makes good power however some misfires are still recorded. But the truck never acts like it is running out of fuel so I’m leaning more towards a tuning issue. I’m about 2 hours away from 5 star and depending on how this is all handled by calibrated power I’m leaning towards taking the truck to them and having them tune and dial the truck in for me.

Any thoughts or suggestions or help or anything at this point?

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,452 Posts

Calibrated power tunes have been great…..until adding injectors and in tank pump. I’m not sure if I have messed something up on the install or if the truck is unhappy with the tunes.

Cold starts on the truck are slow and stumbles as it comes up to idle. Hitting on the truck before operating temp is hit results in misfires showing up on my ezlynk. Now once the truck is warm is starts great runs hard and makes good power however some misfires are still recorded. But the truck never acts like it is running out of fuel so I’m leaning more towards a tuning issue. I’m about 2 hours away from 5 star and depending on how this is all handled by calibrated power I’m leaning towards taking the truck to them and having them tune and dial the truck in for me.

So it’s stumbling and misfiring… when was the last time you changed the spark plugs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The truck has 22k on it so I’m assuming they are factory. That was my thoughts as well but the truck is only doing hard starts/stumbling while cold. Wondering if I need to do a re gap with the high e content.(70 percent currently) but still I keep trying to find something I have done wrong but with the fact that the truck isn’t having a constant issue and is having a cold start/misfire issue it leads me to tuning.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,452 Posts
The truck has 22k on it so I’m assuming they are factory. That was my thoughts as well but the truck is only doing hard starts/stumbling while cold. Wondering if I need to do a re gap with the high e content.(70 percent currently) but still I keep trying to find something I have done wrong but with the fact that the truck isn’t having a constant issue and is having a cold start/misfire issue it leads me to tuning.
Hmmm someone who’s more knowledgeable on the 3.5 needs to chime in. @SrpRacing @Blown F-150 and idk who else

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,452 Posts
Sorry for messing up your build thread @TOWMA8R

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
22k on the plugs and tuned ???
Change em !

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,234 · (Edited)
22k on the plugs and tuned ???
Change em !

Does this happen on the stock tune?

I would start there I would change the plugs and I would consider 5 star since its so close because you have some major mods.... As much as I like calibrated power tunes and the ez lynk platform, I I was within 6 hrs of 5star I would be there on the dyno for a custom tune,,,, no question

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,235 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does this happen on the stock tune?

I would start there I would change the plugs and I would consider 5 star since its so close because you have some major mods.... As much as I like calibrated power tunes and the ez lynk platform, I I was within 6 hrs of 5star I would be there on the dyno for a custom tune,,,, no question
I no longer can run a stock tune with the injectors.

Im going to reach out to 5 star and see what they say.

Calibrated power has stated that the dw400 may be an older version and not have a check valve installed that is on there newer pumps causing the slow start issue. That still doesn’t explain the misfires. Also, I have had the same results of slow to start when cold while pushing the start button without cranking the truck hoping the pump would turn on and build pressure prior to firing but no luck.

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
I no longer can run a stock tune with the injectors.

Im going to reach out to 5 star and see what they say.

Calibrated power has stated that the dw400 may be an older version and not have a check valve installed that is on there newer pumps causing the slow start issue. That still doesn’t explain the misfires. Also, I have had the same results of slow to start when cold while pushing the start button without cranking the truck hoping the pump would turn on and build pressure prior to firing but no luck.
My $0.02
For the long cold start, it is likely a missing check-valve on the DW400. Easiest way to tell, is to cycle the key a couple of times before cranking.
For the stumble when cold, they need to adjust the cold-start tables for the bigger injectors. Without it, it will run rich and rely on the O2 reading to try and correct, but they can only do so much. You can also do a throttle re-calibration. With the vehicle cold, do a KAM reset, shut off the Climate control and start it. Let it idle without touching the gas at all for 10-14 minutes.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Is it possible they need to adjust the Open Loop fueling? Cold start relies on base fueling till about 140-150*.

You can grab a log of the cold start and send it to CP. I don’t believe the stock base/ base decay accounts for anything above E15 on cold start. Which could be the reason why it struggles.

Going to another tuner won’t necessarily solve your problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I appreciate the help, and I do believe the issue I am having is to do with the check valve on the pump.

However, I am still recording misfires on my ezlynk (2-5) in a 30 minute drive. I can’t feel and don’t notice them but they are being recorded.

1221 - 1240 of 1265 Posts