F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1241 - 1260 of 1265 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Definitely can’t hear the pump running with the door open and key on. And with an in tank gas fuel pump, the pump is going to cut off well before reaching a very high load due to no fuel returning without the truck running correct? The pump is going to run until it receives any type of pressure and then cut off I believe. So I have tried and cycle the truck multiple times without starting to build pressure and then the truck will start as should. However if I cycle key on without starting it only once then it doesn’t build the pressure needed to start quickly and is still slow to start.

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,590 Posts
Dang, people here know stuff, man.

@SmrEcoboost you found the right thread on the right forum!
It’s kinda cool seeing the growth in knowledge with some members as well, some of them you can look back and look at their comments/post from a year ago and they were just newbies asking newbie questions.
Pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
Definitely can’t hear the pump running with the door open and key on. And with an in tank gas fuel pump, the pump is going to cut off well before reaching a very high load due to no fuel returning without the truck running correct? The pump is going to run until it receives any type of pressure and then cut off I believe. So I have tried and cycle the truck multiple times without starting to build pressure and then the truck will start as should. However if I cycle key on without starting it only once then it doesn’t build the pressure needed to start quickly and is still slow to start.
Depending on the year, when cycling the key, the pump will run until desired pressure is hit or until it times out if you're not above a certain RPM.

I think you'll find that you have two separate things going on, but address the check valve first. If it's not there, it only takes a couple of seconds for pressure to drop off.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,245 ·
tested E85 at a new gas station that opened, shocked! Tested at 91%

I will be switching stations!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,246 ·
well. I am back in Calibrated Powers Tunes...... I like the adaptability of the Auto Octane Adjustability of their E30-50 Flex Tune ......... It s the quickest per the dragy (not much) but with the Auto agent I can monitor the ethanol % and its got some good data logs

I have not given up on BoostKing,,,, Once we get into cooler weather I will continue to log and work with him in hopes to decide who's tunes I will run October 8th at the Truck Mania event at our local drag strip ...... Its heavy with diesel trucks, so I cant wait to run the Lil F150 and take a few down in the street class and hopefully get to run a TRX or two

Street class, Tune, built trans (Diesels), stock turbo. stock injector class....... So I will be very competitive...

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,590 Posts
tested E85 at a new gas station that opened, shocked! Tested at 91%

I will be switching stations!
Which one is that?
Would be good to know for when Im down visiting family

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,248 ·
Question

Is there a need to change out he plugs sooner than recommended when running a high ethanol content?

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Question

Is there a need to change out he plugs sooner than recommended when running a high ethanol content?
If you’re having issues, misfire…

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,250 ·

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
multiple people I know that run e30 or higher do about 10k-15k changes.
I’d do the same if I kept an e30 tune on long enough before switching back to my 91 performance tune. Even with my 91 perf tunes I do about 20k mile changes, just for good measure.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,252 ·
multiple people I know that run e30 or higher do about 10k-15k changes.
I’d do the same if I kept an e30 tune on long enough before switching back to my 91 performance tune. Even with my 91 perf tunes I do about 20k mile changes, just for good measure.
Gotcha, that's what I kinda figured to ....

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,254 ·
I've yet get to get a set of plugs to last 10k since tuning E50/85. I didn't think it's due to the fuel, but the aggressive boost/timing advance.

Do you see mis fire or issues?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,255 ·
Got rev 9 from BoostKing and he has activated the ethanol (alcohol) percentage PID so I can monitor as long as it is accurate, The auto agent was very close to accurate,,,,, so a physical test of the fuel content and what the PID reads will tell me

I will run the revision for a day or two and get some logs and send to him this weekend....... will get a dragy run as well, so stay tuned

·
Registered
767 Posts
Are you using di-electric grease on the inside of the boots? Ever replace the boots?

No and No.

Ford does not sell boots only for the 2.7 coil packs. You have to replace the whole thing! Although NGK sells boots and I'll be giving them a try on my next swap.

A tuner I worked with in the past discouraged me from using the grease. I'd be willing to give it a try!

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
No and No.

Ford does not sell boots only for the 2.7 coil packs. You have to replace the whole thing! Although NGK sells boots and I'll be giving them a try on my next swap.

A tuner I worked with in the past discouraged me from using the grease. I'd be willing to give it a try!
Well, that's too bad. I would 100% get yourself some new boots. Di-electric grease is extremely helpful in reducing spark going where you don't want it. There should be zero reason to not use it.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,260 ·
Well, that's too bad. I would 100% get yourself some new boots. Di-electric grease is extremely helpful in reducing spark going where you don't want it. There should be zero reason to not use it.
^ good advise

1241 - 1260 of 1265 Posts