F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1261 - 1280 of 1300 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,261 ·
Sent off 3 separate logs to BoostKing,,,,,,,, See where we are at and see he he feels comfortable to push a tad more....... fingers crossed!!!!

Oct 8th is coming and I need to decide who's tunes I run at the event!

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,611 Posts
Sent off 3 separate logs to BoostKing,,,,,,,, See where we are at and see he he feels comfortable to push a tad more....... fingers crossed!!!!

Oct 8th is coming and I need to decide who's tunes I run at the event!
Oh boy! Whoever’s tune is the fastest is my vote.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,263 ·
Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,264 ·
As for the data logs, I know BoostKing is in Florida..... So it maybe a few days before we get something back because of the hurricane, rightfully and understandable so ........ I pray he, family and business will be ok,,,,,,, for all Floridians....... I have a buddy that just moved there last month in Tampa and has never been through a Hurricane..... crazy

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,265 ·
Well........ BoostKing emailed me and said he wanted to zoom this morning, so we can talk about the tune revision and set up some new configuration..... We zoomed, he remoted in and took control of the Laptop and created some different configuration and said he tweak a few other things..... We hung up and 30 min later there was a new revision in my email....All this while he is preparing for the hurricane for his area late tonight or tomorrow morning. If that isn't customer service I have no idea what is.....

He upped the boost, tweak a few things and said the log showed good things, so after this revision, and logs, he wants to then introduce more timing.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,266 ·
Truck got spark plugs replaced with a new set of Ford Performance M-12405-35T (aka 542 Plugs replacement) ,,,, step colder..... The plugs looked really good considering the E50 Fuel and tune..... Actually really happy how they looked and there was no significant increase in the gap - .031 stock gap vs ,032/.033 worn gap when checked...

Cleaned all the MAF sensors, checked the boost boots, AMS, IC, Turbo ect,,

Then got really ambitious, broke out the pressure washer and hit the under carriage, door jams, inner outer wheels and tires, The the under of the hood, the engine and washed and coasted exterior..... Glass and interior detailing.... Truck has not been this clean in a long time,,,,,,,

Getting ready for this weekends truck event at the drag strip...... Only hesitation, the weather has turned pretty warm...... and I don't really want to subject the truck to multiple runs on a 93 degree plus day..... Last couple events I attended, I went deep in the competition and had close to 8-10 runs. I guess another hesitation is I want another revision for the tune from BoostKing or I will run Calibrated powers tune..... Guess I am 50/50 if I am attending....

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,611 Posts
Truck got spark plugs replaced with a new set of Ford Performance M-12405-35T (aka 542 Plugs replacement) ,,,, step colder..... The plugs looked really good considering the E50 Fuel and tune..... Actually really happy how they looked and there was no significant increase in the gap - .031 stock gap vs ,032/.033 worn gap when checked...

Then got really ambitious, broke out the pressure washer and hit the under carriage, door jams, inner outer wheels and tires, The the under of the hood, the engine and washed and coasted exterior..... Glass and interior detailing.... Truck has not been this clean in a long time,,,,,,,

Getting ready for this weekends truck event at the drag strip...... Only hesitation, the weather has turned pretty warm...... and I don't really want to subject the truck to multiple runs on a 93 degree plus day..... Last couple events I attended, I went deep in the competition and had close to 8-10 runs. I guess another hesitation is I want another revision for the tune from BoostKing or I will run Calibrated powers tune..... Guess I am 50/50 if I am attending....
Warmer weather? Ha, it rained here and got colder and there’s snow on the mountains.

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts

The weather will be warm for everyone, so just head on out and have some fun!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,269 ·
Got a new revision from BK, revision 11....... I hope this one starts to take me where I want to be,,,,, Its been a long process and baby tweaks have been made over each revision,,,,,,

I will get to see how the revision is on my commute in the morning....

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,602 Posts
Got a new revision from BK, revision 11....... I hope this one starts to take me where I want to be,,,,, Its been a long process and baby tweaks have been made over each revision,,,,,,

I will get to see how the revision is on my commute in the morning....
Dang dude reminds me of that movie never-ending story. Lol

Interested to hear how you like it!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,271 ·
Dang dude reminds me of that movie never-ending story. Lol

Interested to hear how you like it!
Like ground hog day....Lol

BoostKing has been great, customer service is A+, from communication, turn around time and so forth...... He definitely likes small changes to this or that and data log then and again..... I think we are at the stage to see what all the tweaks got us and adding more boost and timing... hopefully

Gott he alcohol % to display and function on the sct.... by my hand test of the fuel in the tank, its really close

We are having an issue with some of my PIDS not going live ..... So he is working that out,,,,, The last few revisions have been by draggy all consistent 12.70.... .I just think for my platform, mods and E50 I should be lower than 12.50, close to 12.20/30...... Am I wrong to expect that?

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
What's your expectation based on? Was your best 12.52 run with your current tires? What DA are you seeing with the 12.70 runs now vs your 12.52 run? How much gas in the tank? I know between my different sets of tires for both the truck and ST make a pretty big difference. I can easily gain 3 tenths running the stock size tires over my load e 20's on the truck and that's with not even being able to properly launch due to wheel hop.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,273 ·
What's your expectation based on? Was your best 12.52 run with your current tires? What DA are you seeing with the 12.70 runs now vs your 12.52 run? How much gas in the tank? I know between my different sets of tires for both the truck and ST make a pretty big difference. I can easily gain 3 tenths running the stock size tires over my load e 20's on the truck and that's with not even being able to properly launch due to wheel hop.
I get ya, but I am not novice to racing the 1/4........ used to do it competitive,,,,,,

Best run was calibrated power on E40...... Same mods, same 1/4 tank as always, same weight reduction.... I was on different tires, but the new set up is the same weight and damn close height, just wider. Ran constant higher 12.5s and even a 12.56 with the same tires now...So the current set up really isn't effecting me that much, at least I don't think so

I am basing my expectations on what I have seen in person with trucks, similar and stock tires and same mods and on E50 fuel.

Is the consensus a 2019, 3,5 with my mods and tire size is only a 12.7 sec vehicle on E50 from a reputable tuner? If so, I can live with that and admit my expectations are too high...

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,611 Posts
I get ya, but I am not novice to racing the 1/4........ used to do it competitive,,,,,,

Best run was calibrated power on E40...... Same mods, same 1/4 tank as always, same weight reduction.... I was on different tires, but the new set up is the same weight and damn close height, just wider. Ran constant higher 12.5s and even a 12.56 with the same tires now...So the current set up really isn't effecting me that much, at least I don't think so

I am basing my expectations on what I have seen in person with trucks, similar and stock tires and same mods and on E50 fuel.

Is the consensus a 2019, 3,5 with my mods and tire size is only a 12.7 sec vehicle on E50 from a reputable tuner? If so, I can live with that and admit my expectations are too high...
I do not believe you can break into the 11s without bigger turbos. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,275 ·
I do not believe you can break into the 11s without bigger turbos. But I could be wrong.
For Sure, but the mid lower 12/s that is what I am referring too,,,,,, maybe my hopes are just that.......

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts

I know you have experience, so I get it. If you load up the Calibrated tune now, would you still be in the 12.5x's?

I'm just stuck on comparing your times to times of a truck with stock wheels/tires. JUST your G2's weigh the same as your stock wheel and tires and you went from 18's to 20's which push the weight out further.
Let me know if I'm off base here. I'm seeing a 27lb difference per corner. Maybe I'm missing a setup you had between?
Stock set up
Wheel = 27lbs
Tire = 39lbs
Total = 66lbs

Current Setup
Wheel = 28.4lbs
Tire = 65.12lbs
Total = 93.5lbs

DA is the other thing, whenever I see someone post a "Benchmark" run, it's always double digit or mineshaft DA. I often come to find out that the owners have also done things like drop the spare tire, pull the tailgate or even the rear seats to get a "glory run" in. It also means that your lift pump is up to the task with e50 and there have been a number of folks see varying output from the stock lift pumps. Not sure if that is due to voltage control or just tolerances.

IMO, you should be able to see high 12.4 to high 12.5's with a really, really good DA. If you want to see some real good numbers, grab a used drag pack set up or even some cheap take-offs.

You'll also notice that some tuners that post the faster times, are ones that will push it the hardest. There is one "fast" tuner out there that has lifted more heads in the last two months, than you would believe...but his tunes are fast. One of the reasons I like working with Brett is that he will tell it like it is, if he doesn't want to push it harder that tells you something.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,277 · (Edited)
I know you have experience, so I get it. If you load up the Calibrated tune now, would you still be in the 12.5x's?

I'm just stuck on comparing your times to times of a truck with stock wheels/tires. JUST your G2's weigh the same as your stock wheel and tires and you went from 18's to 20's which push the weight out further.
Let me know if I'm off base here. I'm seeing a 27lb difference per corner. Maybe I'm missing a setup you had between?
Stock set up
Wheel = 27lbs
Tire = 39lbs
Total = 66lbs

Current Setup
Wheel = 28.4lbs
Tire = 65.12lbs
Total = 93.5lbs

DA is the other thing, whenever I see someone post a "Benchmark" run, it's always double digit or mineshaft DA. I often come to find out that the owners have also done things like drop the spare tire, pull the tailgate or even the rear seats to get a "glory run" in. It also means that your lift pump is up to the task with e50 and there have been a number of folks see varying output from the stock lift pumps. Not sure if that is due to voltage control or just tolerances.

IMO, you should be able to see high 12.4 to high 12.5's with a really, really good DA. If you want to see some real good numbers, grab a used drag pack set up or even some cheap take-offs.

You'll also notice that some tuners that post the faster times, are ones that will push it the hardest. There is one "fast" tuner out there that has lifted more heads in the last two months, than you would believe...but his tunes are fast. One of the reasons I like working with Brett is that he will tell it like it is, if he doesn't want to push it harder that tells you something.
No, totally get you...... all the information is welcomed......

Yes to the 12.50's with the Calibrated tunes.... I have bounced back and forth.. between revisions with BK.

I agree, I feel the safest hands are in a tuner like BK..... I love his tunes, the TCM file we have settled on is great and I know he puts a conservative twist in his tunes. ..... I know we are at the ceiling for the stock fuel system on the 50 blend,..... For all my logs and what BK has seen, he said the OEM pump and VMP Booster pump there are no issues on a E50 blend that he has seen

My best times where not on the stock tires and wheels, same wheels as I have now but a different tire set up, brand and size .... I may have missed calculated that...... I will go back a double check.....

My stock set up was

Wheel = 31lbs (OEM weight)
Tire = 42lbs (Micheline Defenders LTX M/S)
Total = 73lbs

My Current Setup is

Wheel = 28.4lbs (Venom Specs)
Tire = 50.53.lbs ( G2 XL not E per Nitto web site specs)
Total = 78.93lbs

So 5.93lbs per corner ..... and my tires I made sure were the same height, just wider

Perhaps minus the tonneau shell and pulling the raptor running boards off will help at the track with my perception of where I want to be.....

Agreed with the safest tune, fastest time,,,,,, vs the fastest time, dangerous tune!

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
Thanks for the correction on the tires, I was wondering if there was a XL option in that size.

It's anecdotal, but I've been poking through some post in the performance groups. It appears that several folks stating low 12's and even high 11's are mixing 93 and corn to get their E50. That could easily be 2-3* of timing. I think you are stuck with 91 around there, correct? Just wonder if it's another factor.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,279 ·
Thanks for the correction on the tires, I was wondering if there was a XL option in that size.

It's anecdotal, but I've been poking through some post in the performance groups. It appears that several folks stating low 12's and even high 11's are mixing 93 and corn to get their E50. That could easily be 2-3* of timing. I think you are stuck with 91 around there, correct? Just wonder if it's another factor.

Yup crappy 91...Lol

I got ya,,,,,,, everything you have said has been a valid point..... will try to get a draggy run and log tomorrow night ........

There may be a issue for Saturday...... still working it out, but I do have my track ticket and access admission paid for already for the event,,,,,

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,280 ·
I did not make it to the raceway event, wife surprised me with the announcement Friday night with our bucket list concert for my Birthday...... So I was not doable to attend the track event Saturday and make it all the way back to the house then make it to the dinner she reserved before the concert,,,,,,, She did offer to skip the dinner, and felt bad I paid for the track but I couldn't do that to her since she did all this as a surprise a few weeks ago when she planned it.....

By the way, Elton John was amazing!!!!

1261 - 1280 of 1300 Posts