F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1341 - 1360 of 1360 Posts

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,341 ·

· Registered
2018 3.5 EcoBoost XLT
189 Posts
I didn’t think they were canned, seeing the results you’ve had, just never saw anything on his site about revisions so I thought I’d ask the question. (Looking now I read more into it and missed that section)

The price of the tune package seemed on the cheaper side for 4 different tunes (only 3 I’d ever be able to use)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,344 ·
I didn’t think they were canned, seeing the results you’ve had, just never saw anything on his site about revisions so I thought I’d ask the question. (Looking now I read more into it and missed that section)

The price of the tune package seemed on the cheaper side for 4 different tunes (only 3 I’d ever be able to use)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No worries, they are good tunes right out of the gate ,,,,,, I have seen those results

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,345 ·
Finally, after a bunch of rain over a lot of days, I will get a chance to wash the truck and give it a great detail then finally work on some tuning!!!

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,346 ·
All of this weather and rain, not really do anything to the truck outside of driving, has me really interested in a trying a new tuner, or installing traction bars, or even upgrading the turbos....... Maybe it is just boredom,,,,,,,,,,,,,

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,347 ·
Fresh 5-30 full synthetic and filter...... all was going well until the ole elbow knocked a full qt over off the truck and all over the garage floor!!!!

An update,,, the switch to full synthetic, from the motor craft blend, without a doubt, has quieted (noticeable) the ticks I had going on and the slight rattle at start up until the truck warms... They are there, but a noticeable change

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,348 ·
There may or may not be a Unleashed E50 tune in the works, well at least the ordering process in the next day or so!!!

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,351 ·
If you have free time, tuning with torrie is a great way to use it up! We did like 8 revs on my tune once in a day

Nice to hear...... I keep hearing he is very attentive....

Just got a BoostKing revision, after taking a break for awhile I asked for some specific changes down low..... So this is revision 13 for the E50 File

Reactions: boostkingMatt

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,353 · (Edited)
Loaded BoostKing revision 13, and I should be sitting right at E50.....Sill amazes me that the station I use for E85, test right at it,,,,, even in the winter.... So far, the changes he made for my request to get out of the hole quicker, I like the better or more sensitive throttle response so far

· Registered
849 Posts
Loaded BoostKing revision 13, and I should be sitting right at E50.....Sill amazes me that the station I use for E85, test right at it,,,,, even in the winter.... So far, the changes he made for my request to get out of the hole quicker, I like the better or more sensitive throttle response so far
Any times yet? Just finished up my 91 tune with Brett, which I'm thoroughly enjoying. Not going to set any records with it but it achieves everything I've been looking for. It's like a Gearhead/5* combo with shift points exactly where I want.

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,355 · (Edited)
Any times yet? Just finished up my 91 tune with Brett, which I'm thoroughly enjoying. Not going to set any records with it but it achieves everything I've been looking for. It's like a Gearhead/5* combo with shift points exactly where I want.
Well, yes I gave the truck a work over on a few launches and 1/4 runs....... I will be moving away from BK...... ran a 12.93, best of 3 and the 0-60, 4.55ish, seen better, actually,,,,, For the logs with both Calibrated and BK, and then the time comparison, I am consistent 12.6-70 with calibrated after the tire change from my 12.54 best and 4.25 0-60

BK not close enough for me after 13 revisions.... Still, with my tire size, year and mods, an E50 tune should be at 12.5 or better

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,356 ·
And Just like that, Order placed after hours with Unleashed., next day less than an hour after his confirmation, Tune in the email! ..... So let us compare yet another tuner to all that have been called upon.....

Loaded the file, loaded his config file, got a first data log and draggy log and sent the log to Torrie tonight. let the journey begin..... Opted for a E40 file!

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,357 ·
Question for all of you

For a couple of previous tuners, using their config files and even after BK logged in remote with livelink while int he truck on laptop, setting up the file and running a new file scan, still can;t get the wastegate percentage to register on a PID. Any thoughts why?

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,358 ·
Long long story, but I had a dumb moment when I filled up to get to the E40 and the 1st log, well lets say the response was concerning,,,,, figured out what went wrong, corrected it and sent another log....... reply, 200% better,,,,,,,,,, so a revision is in the works.... May have avoided some serious damage,,,,!!! I felt so stupid and embarrassed...

Reactions: snakebitten

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
Long long story, but I had a dumb moment when I filled up to get to the E40 and the 1st log, well lets say the response was concerning,,,,, figured out what went wrong, corrected it and sent another log....... reply, 200% better,,,,,,,,,, so a revision is in the works.... May have avoided some serious damage,,,,!!! I felt so stupid and embarrassed...
We all know what you did….

Reactions: TOWMA8R

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,360 ·
1341 - 1360 of 1360 Posts