F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

141 - 160 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Made an appointment to get the trucks bed sprayed with Liner......

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Finally went to the track today, even if it was 90 degrees at the start....

I clearly need some additional data logging..... 58 91 Octane dedicated Performance tune... Got 3 runs in and decided to call it a night. Best run was 13.55 @ 95.67 mph and a 1.798 60ft....

I was expecting a little more....

I ws going to load the GH tune but there was a truck that blew oil all over one of the lanes at the start, so there was going to be a long delay, that is why I called it a night.

By the way, my 15 with GH adaptive tune on 91 octane ran quicker, see sig

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
What weight distribution/sway control are you using with your trailer?
Just the one that came with the trailer from the dealer when I bought the trailer new....... been meaning to upgrade it, its a CURT MV Round Ball Weight Distribution Hitch, bars and chain

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
So, I went to load the stock tune back up tonight and got an error code on my sct x4... 110D8.... I am reading its low voltage as to why it wont load the stock file.... at least according to a forum post I read that 5* had

I was able to just swap custom tunes and load the GH Performance adaptive octane performance Tune and will give this tune a go for a while and get to the track to compare it to the 5* 91 dedicated octane I have ben running for a while and I just recently went and ran at the track....

I figured I have a good average daily driving real world MPG and Performance number on the 1/4 mile for the 5* along with good seat time to know how it performs

So, lets send off a dat log to 5* and now run the GH tune and give it a second chance

. From the GH site for the 19, so I know this is 93 Octane so I figure it should be about 20hp less and few ft tq with the 91 octane I run

Auto Octane Adjust: Version 2.0
As we all know, 93 octane isn’t available at every gas station across the country — and even your local filling station doesn’t always receive consistent batches of fuel, So what happens if you get a bad tank of gas or simply can’t get the good stuff when you take a trip? Frequently, aftermarket ECU tunes require a certain octane rating and don’t take into account the fact that you may not always be able to run that same octane rating in your truck.
Perhaps the most important aspect included in Gearhead’s tuning is its retention of the factory “auto octane adjustment” feature present in the ECU. This feature allows the ECU to self-adjust according to the type of fuel being used (be it 87, 90 or 93 octane, etc.). But, not only does Gearhead keep this feature, they improve it. Gearhead augments the factory auto octane adjustment strategy in a way that allows considerably more power to be made as you step up your octane rating (without changing the tune).
What are you getting by choosing Gearhead?
  • 450+ Horsepower and 500+ Torque
  • “Auto Octane” adjust-ability for all pump gas fuel grades (You will have the best optimization of the tune using premium fuel)
  • Transmission shift strategy for the best daily driver characteristics
  • Most will see an improvement in fuel mileage with good driving habits

·
Registered
145 Posts
So, I went to load the stock tune back up tonight and got an error code on my sct x4... 110D8.... I am reading its low voltage as to why it wont load the stock file.... at least according to a forum post I read that 5* had

I was able to just swap custom tunes and load the GH Performance adaptive octane performance Tune and will give this tune a go for a while and get to the track to compare it to the 5* 91 dedicated octane I have ben running for a while and I just recently went and ran at the track....

I figured I have a good average daily driving real world MPG and Performance number on the 1/4 mile for the 5* along with good seat time to know how it performs

So, lets send off a dat log to 5* and now run the GH tune and give it a second chance

. From the GH site for the 19, so I know this is 93 Octane so I figure it should be about 20hp less and few ft tq with the 91 octane I run

As we all know, 93 octane isn’t available at every gas station across the country — and even your local filling station doesn’t always receive consistent batches of fuel, So what happens if you get a bad tank of gas or simply can’t get the good stuff when you take a trip? Frequently, aftermarket ECU tunes require a certain octane rating and don’t take into account the fact that you may not always be able to run that same octane rating in your truck.
Perhaps the most important aspect included in Gearhead’s tuning is its retention of the factory “auto octane adjustment” feature present in the ECU. This feature allows the ECU to self-adjust according to the type of fuel being used (be it 87, 90 or 93 octane, etc.). But, not only does Gearhead keep this feature, they improve it. Gearhead augments the factory auto octane adjustment strategy in a way that allows considerably more power to be made as you step up your octane rating (without changing the tune).
  • “Auto Octane” adjust-ability for all pump gas fuel grades (You will have the best optimization of the tune using premium fuel)
Yeah a lot of us have been getting that issue recently. Hopefully they fix it soon.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Yeah a lot of us have been getting that issue recently. Hopefully they fix it soon.
Roger that, at least I was able to load the GH Adaptive tune and switch the 5* tow tune out...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Spray in bed liner is done...... boy what a difference it makes with looks!!!!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
So, after my towing trip I decided to load the GH Adaptive Performance Tune and run it for awhile and give it a second chance.

I have to eat a little crow, as I am finding the tune to be pretty darn good....

For one, just filled up and I am seeing 1.8 mpg better over the 5* tune.

The transmission, I do believe is better overall than the 5* (Its pretty smooth and under wot, it doesn't hold up in a couple gears Like the 5*)

The Sport mode, I thought at first the 5* was stronger off the line, but I am not so sure...... I can say if you go WOT with the 5* tune when you hit 2nd the tires chirp and in 3rd it hits hard and so forth. With the GH, WOT hit Chirps hard in 2nd and chirps in 3rd and crisp in every gear after.

I will have to get it to the track to really tell.

In fairness, the 5* data log should be done in a week or two and then i'll load it at the track when I run the GH tune.

So far, I am eating crow from the 1st time I loaded the GH....

·
Registered
223 Posts

I got the same error code. The error code is related to available voltage. I called 5* and they suggested that I hook a battery charger up. No issues after that. If you look at device info on your X4 and its below 12V then you usually get this error.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
So, after my towing trip I decided to load the GH Adaptive Performance Tune and run it for awhile and give it a second chance.

I have to eat a little crow, as I am finding the tune to be pretty darn good....

For one, just filled up and I am seeing 1.8 mpg better over the 5* tune.

The transmission, I do believe is better overall than the 5* (Its pretty smooth and under wot, it doesn't hold up in a couple gears Like the 5*)

The Sport mode, I thought at first the 5* was stronger off the line, but I am not so sure...... I can say if you go WOT with the 5* tune when you hit 2nd the tires chirp and in 3rd it hits hard and so forth. With the GH, WOT hit Chirps hard in 2nd and chirps in 3rd and crisp in every gear after.

I will have to get it to the track to really tell.

In fairness, the 5* data log should be done in a week or two and then i'll load it at the track when I run the GH tune.

So far, I am eating crow from the 1st time I loaded the GH....
Definitely let 5-star know your thoughts, the more detailed feedback you give them in the email with your logs the better. 5 star is for sure a little more aggressive out the gate as far as shifting and whatnot, but you can have them dial it back or add more or whatever you want.
They will make it as wild or as mild as you like, shifting, power...

"With the GH, WOT hit Chirps hard in 2nd and chirps in 3rd and crisp in every gear after"
^^^That's exactly how my 5-star is, but it wasn't like that with the first tune they sent me, I feel like they expect their customers to datalog at least once whereas Gearhead it seems what you get is what you get, which is a great tune but it's what you get and it caters to the masses.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Definitely let 5-star know your thoughts, the more detailed feedback you give them in the email with your logs the better. 5 star is for sure a little more aggressive out the gate as far as shifting and whatnot, but you can have them dial it back or add more or whatever you want.
They will make it as wild or as mild as you like, shifting, power...

"With the GH, WOT hit Chirps hard in 2nd and chirps in 3rd and crisp in every gear after"
^^^That's exactly how my 5-star is, but it wasn't like that with the first tune they sent me, I feel like they expect their customers to datalog at least once whereas Gearhead it seems what you get is what you get, which is a great tune but it's what you get and it caters to the masses.

Of course, I am going to work with them...... great peeps

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
I got the same error code. The error code is related to available voltage. I called 5* and they suggested that I hook a battery charger up. No issues after that. If you look at device info on your X4 and its below 12V then you usually get this error.
Great, thank you!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
On my last 2015 f150 I bought the Heavy duty mirrors and installed.... this time I oped for these $45 clip ons..... worked great... no wind noise, no vibration and a nice carry case.... just clip on and go, snap off when done....

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Bed Liners in....... great job, I like it!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
I ordered the whipple Mega Cooler (Intercooler) and intake, since it was a package deal and set at a great price....

Looking forward to seeing the difference with the IC in the 19 ECO!!!!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I ordered the whipple Mega Cooler (Intercooler) and intake, since it was a package deal and set at a great price....

Looking forward to seeing the difference with the IC in the 19 ECO!!!!
How much$?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
How much$?

20% off, free shipping........... on the mega cooler/Intake Combo.....

Nice to have a few perks once in awhile....$850 IC - $360 Intake - $20% = $968..... Shipped!!

141 - 160 of 231 Posts