F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

161 - 180 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
20% off, free shipping........... on the mega cooler/Intake Combo.....

Nice to have a few perks once in awhile....$850 IC - $360 Intake - $20% = $968..... Shipped!!

Happy Dance!!!! Shipping confirmation, delivery day after tomorrow!!!!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #163

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Came in this afternoon, so I decided to put the intake on since I have to wait a week or so to do the IC. Very well constructed, great instructions and it even came with an intake vent tube....

definitely has a low rumble upon throttle from the intake are and cleans up and whistles more.... Not enough time to get some good seat time......

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Well, filled up for the second time after switching to the GH tune from the 5* 91 octane performance tune.

First tank was I think 1.8 mpg and this time to my surprise was up 2.1 mpg... same commute same driving style..... I'll give it one more tank and average it and call it a day...... but so far its looking pretty positive....

Was hoping to get to the track tomorrow but it will be 102 degrees..... so I will put it off a week!

Stay tuned

·
Registered
4 Posts
First tank was I think 1.8 mpg and this time to my surprise was up 2.1 mpg... same commute same driving style..... I'll give it one more tank and average it and call it a day...... but so far its looking pretty positive....
Was this increase of 2.1 over 5*s tune or stock? and were you running 91 in all scenarios?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Was this increase of 2.1 over 5*s tune or stock? and were you running 91 in all scenarios?
91 one from day one and over the 5* tune..... 1.8 mpg and then 2.1 mpg one second tank over the 5* tune..

Actually, the 5* was .5-1 mpg better than stock

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Sooooo, I removed the whipple intake. Come to find out my son tells me that the wife bought me an intake for Christmas and its at the in-laws house. So, I am pretty sure I know which one she bought, so I know she will be involved in wanting to see pictures and all after.....

So reluctantly, but to keep my secrete buying power of truck parts, I opted to remove and now sell it... I only got it because it was a great deal as a combo set.....

My loss will be someones gain...

Wife will be back in a day (visiting the son) so I need to hide it....Lol

Plus, I didn't want the intake on the truck when I hit the track next week, wanted to get the best accurate comparison between the 5* and GH tune....... since the last run on the 5* tune didn't have an intake..... So a yes, I am anal.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
I would love to pick up that intake from you, but my money is all in my house remodel right now. Your truck is looking great!

I hear ya, totally get it....priorities!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Alright y then...... got a few things done today that I have been putting off, why, I don't know why......

Got the SCT Mounted and hooked up...... Good location IMO as its out of the way and easy to read......

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Then I went and finally hooked up the lights, driving that are inserted in the grille I bought..... Pretty darn bright at night........ Man for the money, $110 this grille was worth it..... Amber style Raptor Lights, 2 LED Fogs inserted and quality wiring plug and play..... could not go wrong....

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Had a few pretty hard pulls with the truck and the GH tunes tonight...... Now that the SCT is in reading boost it hits 19.2-19.4 pretty consistent.......

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
looking pretty good to get to the track Wednesday....... Weather will be favorable and comparable to last time out with the 5* tune..... let us see how GH fairs

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
looking pretty good to get to the track Wednesday....... Weather will be favorable and comparable to last time out with the 5* tune..... let us see how GH fairs
Did you get a chance to run it?

I'm curious on what you're seeing for peak airflow with the GH tune.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Did you get a chance to run it?

I'm curious on what you're seeing for peak airflow with the GH tune.
Unfortunately I did not, family emergency has kept me pretty much occupied. Things have settled, so looking at this Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #179

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Thought I would throw another update on the GH Tune and MPG's.

Same commute, same driving style..... very similar to the last two tanks..... 2.1 over the 5* tune..

It official.... the GH tune is much more friendly when it comes to MPG's.....

I always thought the 5* was the same if not less than the stock...... but that could of depended on my foot...... regardless the GH tune does achieve better MPG's over the stock and 5* tune. 1.8 MPG or better, and that significant with a 30+ gallon tank. (Results for me, in my truck, with my set up with my driving style and my climate - Results may vary for you!!)

161 - 180 of 243 Posts