F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
301 - 320 of 1,883 Posts
Discussion starter · #301 ·
First impression...

Major change on noticeable power!

I was seeing 19-19.3 psi of boost and has some lag below on the bottom. I also felt the truck was hanging up in the later gears at shift

the new version, I am seeing 21.4 psi, no lag and banging the RPM's at the higher gears with no hang up,,, So far, liking it. After a couple weeks, I will data log and send it back... With the COVID-19 stuff, it will be awhile before I can get to the track

Discussion starter · #302 ·
Not a whole lot different then with resonator.

I got a Carven TR 3” muffler and resonator delete, muffler was $99 shipped to my door. I’ll have to load my drive by onto YouTube too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to hear that muffler with the resonator.......

Do oyu have a drive by or sound clip of it under WOT?

I would like to hear that muffler with the resonator.......

Do oyu have a drive by or sound clip of it under WOT?
I only have a wot drive by with this set up, Carven muffler and res delete.

Aftermarket exhaust or mufflers on these engines is definitely a different sound and can take some getting used to but now that I’ve had it for a few weeks I actually really love it.
It’s funny when somebody compliments me on it I still kind of laugh inside

Reactions: TOWMA8R
Discussion starter · #304 ·
Drove it to work again, long hours at the hospital right now.........

I am loving the revised tune... power increase is noticeable. So curious as to what the times would look like at the track

Lol......and a funny thing, I just figured out I could change the display color to blue on my SCT X4.... Lol matches up with the factory cluster lights so much better....... And it's FORD BLUE!!

Discussion starter · #305 ·
I only have a wot drive by with this set up, Carven muffler and res delete.

Aftermarket exhaust or mufflers on these engines is definitely a different sound and can take some getting used to but now that I’ve had it for a few weeks I actually really love it.
It’s funny when somebody compliments me on it I still kind of laugh inside

Thanks, actually not too bad......

Discussion starter · #307 ·
Glad to hear the revision seems to be working out. You may want to look into getting Dragy if you have somewhere safe to run. You could run your last revision and this one and see the difference.

For sure!

Discussion starter · #308 ·
Not sure why my remote start stopped working... The key Fob just blinks when I try to activate the remote start

Discussion starter · #309 ·
did some research on the forum, have a couple things to try

Discussion starter · #310 ·
Well, crisis diverted..... Tried it and nothing. Opened the hood and shut it again and tried it, BINGO... she worked..

I was about to disconnect the battery.......

So nice to have easy fixes or find easy solutions.

Discussion starter · #311 ·
Thought I would share my 93 F-250 with 56k original miles, bought new and has been sitting since 2006.... Got all the fluids changed and serviced the diffs and transfer case.

Has to replace the thermostat and give the radiator a serious flush

coolant did't seem terribly bad, but t did change colors over the years. after the flush and engine flush she is running pretty good .....

The tire are bias ply, so you can imagine after sitting all these years, its a bumpy ride. Crazy what the COVID-19 isolation gets you motivated to do,

Truck has had a seat cover on it since the 1st week it was brought home

Oh you got my attention!

I even love the color!
So what would it need to bring it up to trustable status hundreds of miles from home?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #313 ·
Oh you got my attention!

I even love the color!
So what would it need to bring it up to trustable status hundreds of miles from home?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It will have to drive it some, fear is the coolant jackets in the heads might be partially clogged, but it is not over heating. iI will need to check the brake lines and other hoses over time. Remarkable, its been garaged the entire time

The brake fluid, that was another story.... but after flushing twice and replacing twice all seams well now.

Fuel was drained a few times over the years, kept very little in it with stabilizer. drained and 1/4 tanked it just in case, running as smooth as ever

The trans fluid and oil looked great.... Usually popped the motor once or twice every month or so

Reactions: snakebitten
Discussion starter · #314 ·
Got some more drive time with the revised tune form 5 * I will say there is a noticeable mid and top range performance difference. Trans seems to work really well WOT and 1/2 interstate merging is pretty crisp and clean,

The Sport mod, its probably 40% more aggressive then what it was before.

Kind hard to explain but the normal driving, in town normal stop light and so forth, the revised tune seems more tamed than the other....... but the minute you start to apply any type of pedal to get moving there is virtually no lag compared to before. Also the old tune would lag pretty good before it would hit and go, normal driving and slight noticeable lag when 1/2 to WOT starts.......

Really impressed..... . I hope eventually in the next month or so get to the track and then data log and send back.... See if they can get some more power out of it

Discussion starter · #315 ·
Decided to give a SDP Resonator Delete Pipe a try. Ordered today I will try to get it installed this weekend.

Since I have not found an actual exhaust or muffler I like the sound of yet to give a try. I figured baby steps first.

Reactions: Sirikenewtron
Decided to give a SDP Resonator Delete Pipe a try. Ordered today I will try to get it installed this weekend.

Since I have not found an actual exhaust or muffler I like the sound of yet to give a try. I figured baby steps first.
Good way to do it, that’s how I did it as well, baby steps haha, resonator delete then eventually muffler swap.

Discussion starter · #317 ·
Good way to do it, that’s how I did it as well, baby steps haha, resonator delete then eventually muffler swap.

I am afraid of that but love the quiet exhaust now, only want something a tad more deeper.... just a little hint of something something

Discussion starter · #318 ·
had a guy in a 2002 or so Harley Shamu F150 mess with me on my way home... Man do I ove the whine of those super chargers........ but didn't get to hear it too long as I pretty much pulled him pretty good.... At a light and it went green, I was not thinking anything, as he left he left pretty hard, I went and got on it and she realized I was willing to play, I hear him open it up.... So I did too, broke loose some and after she received quickly I began to walkaway from him......

As we ended our fun, dude drove by with a big thumbs up

Reactions: sleipnir
Discussion starter · #319 ·
The SDP Resonator delete arrived today.... hope I will get a chance to install it this weekend, but it is reported it will rain

Discussion starter · #320 ·
Well, it is raining so I decided to head to my buddies shop in his barn/property. With the COVID 19 isolation he gave me full access. So I decided to put the old welding skills to test....... I was going to use exhaust flanges but with the welding machine there, I decided to weld it in. Pretty straight forward.... bolted right up, cut it at the muffler entry and used a piece I had laying around after doing my jeep exhaust to weld to the pipe and muffler connection. I welded the slip piece together for the factory pipes SPD sends..... Its a good quality unit!!!

Now for the sound............ The big question....... Is it worth it......... well my thoughts......

Remove a restriction in the exhaust, benefit

better flow, benefit

remove a heat source that retains heat, benefit

Tad more turbo whistle, benefit

Slightly more cold start tone, not crazy loud, benefit

Down low deeper tone, benefit

Still factory quiet in the cab, benefit

So far, exactly what I was after!!!!!

301 - 320 of 1,883 Posts