F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
521 - 540 of 1,883 Posts
Discussion starter · #522 ·
finally all moved in to the new house, mostly unpacked and getting the truck to the dealer tomorrow for the heated seats issue.

Going to tell the dealer to give the truck a once over since its under warranty. Let hope for no issues and for no dealer software updates. I will probably tell them not to do any calibration updates

If you have LED headlights, I've heard that they are mandated to flash your truck?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

In all honesty I would actually have them check for any calibration updates while under warranty. Otherwise you might be paying a nice 150 fee to reflash.

I just had them update my 18 raptor and it’s a whole different truck. Shifts amazing now.

Discussion starter · #525 ·
Ok I will ask if there are any updates or ford calibrations. Do I then reach out to the tuner and ask for a tune revision?

Also, the dealer has stated that they found the timing cover was leaking. Not too serious nut enough that they said they will replace it under warranty. I understand its a pretty big job.

Ok I will ask if there are any updates or ford calibrations. Do I then reach out to the tuner and ask for a tune revision?

Also, the dealer has stated that they found the timing cover was leaking. Not too serious nut enough that they said they will replace it under warranty. I understand its a pretty big job.
Awww man, I hate to see that wicked truck go under the knife. :(

Sure hope you get a real pro.

Discussion starter · #528 ·
Awww man, I hate to see that wicked truck go under the knife. :(

Sure hope you get a real pro.

I hear you. The guy at the dealer said he has two really experienced techs that have done them before and a really good electrical guy for the seats.....

Just the hassle of the revisions and the entire ordeal is frustrating.

Discussion starter · #529 ·
Should I ask the dealer to replace the timing chain while they are in there? I will take it to a second dealer for a confirmation before I decide to have them tear the entire front apart

Dang. You jumped from a "light" timing cover leak to a component repair? [emoji848]

Do you have any symptoms of any kind of problem? I mean your truck might be 100% healthy. Admittedly if I was going to have my timing cover off, I'd be tempted to swap to the updated phasers, but honestly I'm not sure I'd do anything at all unless that timing cover leak was a threat of some kind.

You probably should ignore me. Lol

I mean I guess since they have it opened it wouldn’t hurt to ask them to put in the new updated parts that came out January 2020 [emoji2369]

That damn timing chain cover leak, seems like it’s been an issue of theirs for quite some time, my 2013 had it and this 2019 had it and repaired at about 5000 miles.
I noticed it's ever so slightly coming back also at 28,000 miles now [emoji52] i’m not gonna worry about it though, unless it gets real bad of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it fall under 36/36, or 60/60 on warranty?

Just curious. If Ford confirmed that it was 60/60 and they would let me live with it until I decided to bring it in, I might do just that.

I guess what I'm alluding to is that in my opinion these 3.5EB are like drawing straws. You might get a lemon, you might get a really reliable one, and then statistically you will probably get something in between? Lol

At the risk of jinxing my King Ranch, out of the whole family fleet of several, it's at 34,000 miles and hasn't even made a strange tic, sound, or hint of serious issues.

It's had a few momentary quirks that keep it from scoring a perfect score, but I'm just not ready to have someone mess with it. :)

Discussion starter · #533 ·
I mean I guess since they have it opened it wouldn’t hurt to ask them to put in the new updated parts that came out January 2020 [emoji2369]

That damn timing chain cover leak, seems like it’s been an issue of theirs for quite some time, my 2013 had it and this 2019 had it and repaired at about 5000 miles.
I noticed it's ever so slightly coming back also at 28,000 miles now [emoji52] i’m not gonna worry about it though, unless it gets real bad of course.

I will ask them if it is necessary to replace. Taking it to get a second look...... but if I do it I will ask for the updated parts. What are the parts that I should refer to?

Discussion starter · #534 ·
Does it fall under 36/36, or 60/60 on warranty?

Just curious. If Ford confirmed that it was 60/60 and they would let me live with it until I decided to bring it in, I might do just that.

I guess what I'm alluding to is that in my opinion these 3.5EB are like drawing straws. You might get a lemon, you might get a really reliable one, and then statistically you will probably get something in between? Lol

At the risk of jinxing my King Ranch, out of the whole family fleet of several, it's at 34,000 miles and hasn't even made a strange tic, sound, or hint of serious issues.

It's had a few momentary quirks that keep it from scoring a perfect score, but I'm just not ready to have someone mess with it. :)

I will confirm tomorrow about the coverage, but I am pretty sure they told me the 3/36 . I will ask the second dealer to show me how serious the leak is and if i can worry about it later or do I have to address it since it was discovered. I will assume they say it would have to be addressed now if not it won't be warrantied.

really hope it won't need to be opened up but if it does that they update the parts while there

Discussion starter · #535 ·
Been driving the truck on stock tune, forget how peppy it is. The intake tubes, COBB intake and IC make it even a tad more peppy than I remember.

The updated parts are the phasers. Or at least that's all I have ever heard about. As for the chain, honestly I think there's often confusion about the Ecoboost timing chain conversation and sometimes the Gen2 gets lumped in with the Gen1. I'm not saying that the Gen2 is bullet proof in the timing chain ensemble of components, but it's not common for a stock Turbo Gen2 truck to be "stretching" chains. In fact, the big horsepower Gen2's that I've heard had issues were breaking them, rather than stretching them.

But again, you might get your info from a better source than this Ole man.

(note: there is aftermarket performance oriented timing chains, guides, phasers etc available. I just don't know if they are easy to get yet, or if they will break the bank. [emoji12])

I will ask them if it is necessary to replace. Taking it to get a second look...... but if I do it I will ask for the updated parts. What are the parts that I should refer to?
These are the updated parts, they have the *CD in the number

Reactions: BRoell
Been driving the truck on stock tune, forget how peppy it is. The intake tubes, COBB intake and IC make it even a tad more peppy than I remember.
It’s funny the last couple times I went back to stock tune I felt the same way, I was thinking, you know this isn’t so bad.
That’s even with my lift and 35 inch tires

It’s funny the last couple times I went back to stock tune I felt the same way, I was thinking, you know this isn’t so bad.
That’s even with my lift and 35 inch tires

Hence my signature not being edited since I bought the truck 3 years ago. 93 octane on oem tuning is a dang good running truck.

Discussion starter · #540 ·
These are the updated parts, they have the *CD in the number

Thanks Brother and yes, I certainty agree, I could live with it at the stock level.... but the tune is so much better

Reactions: Sirikenewtron
521 - 540 of 1,883 Posts