F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1,101 - 1,120 of 1,883 Posts
Not a big deal though, I’m gonna run this ngauge until it dies which may be The whole time frame I own this truck.
I've made the same claim to myself for a few years now. (using the Ngauge until it dies)
But recently my eyes have been opened to just how much development the Forscan Light (Android) developers have accomplished compared to the arrested development of the Ngauge and other tuners with monitoring capabilities.

Even a Powerboost has first, the enormous amount of PIDs the latest 3.5 Ecoboost pcm presents, but also hundreds of PIDs from the huge array of other modules. With the ability to use a ODB <> USB direct connection with Android, the refresh rate from different busses within the trucks network is impressive. So breaking free of the 6 PID limit is no big deal.

I've made the same claim to myself for a few years now. (using the Ngauge until it dies)
But recently my eyes have been opened to just how much development the Forscan Light (Android) developers have accomplished compared to the arrested development of the Ngauge and other tuners with monitoring capabilities.

Even a Powerboost has first, the enormous amount of PIDs the latest 3.5 Ecoboost pcm presents, but also hundreds of PIDs from the huge array of other modules. With the ability to use a ODB <> USB direct connection with Android, the refresh rate from different busses within the trucks network is impressive. So breaking free of the 6 PID limit is no big deal.
If after my tunes are totally dialed in with revisions I looked at more then boost, knock, oar, oil psi and ait2.. I’d probably be more up for swapping devices. I find for myself at least the less stuff I’m trying to watch the more enjoyable my day to day driving experience is, actually most enjoyable when I have no device in the truck to watch.

Honestly though those are all I ever watch once my tunes are totally dialed in, Would be a waste of money for me. Again though, the next truck that’s a different story [emoji51]

Reactions: Boatwaco
Discussion starter · #1,103 ·
Yeah, I guess I left an important part out though, for my truck with the ngauge. That was over a year ago though so maybe things have changed.
Not a big deal though, I’m gonna run this ngauge until it dies which may be The whole time frame I own this truck.
The Ngauge has the ability as well...... FYi

The Ngauge has the ability as well...... FYi
Just talked to a buddy of mine a little bit earlier about it who works closely with 5 Star, he said the same thing now. I guess for a while though it was strategy code dependent or something like that apparently.
For sure a year ago, actually may have been a couple years now that I think of it, it wasn't possible for my truck.. well at least from what I was told by two reputable tuning companies

Reactions: TOWMA8R
Discussion starter · #1,105 ·
Still have not made it to the track...... maybe this Wednesday if it cools enough at night.

I have not logged for Brett since installing my calibrated tune..... I want to get to the track to make sure the times are similar to my last times with calibrated, This is important to me since Brett's tun e turned in a mid 15 on the 5th revision of a E50 tune

Once I get the track comparison I will be back at it with Brett....... Who knows, maybe MPT will be next.....

Still have not made it to the track...... maybe this Wednesday if it cools enough at night.

I have not logged for Brett since installing my calibrated tune..... I want to get to the track to make sure the times are similar to my last times with calibrated, This is important to me since Brett's tun e turned in a mid 15 on the 5th revision of a E50 tune

Once I get the track comparison I will be back at it with Brett....... Who knows, maybe MPT will be next.....
Have you tried unleashed?

Discussion starter · #1,107 ·

I think you will like @More Power Tuning ;
Mike definitely aims to please and they are quick to get back with emails and phone calls, revisions are usually no more than three days and a lot of times sooner. One thing I know a lot of people like also is Mike gives a lot of detail when replying to questions or just in general.

Interested to hear how you do at the track next though, I was checking out the weather down there looks like it’s gonna be a hot SOB until Thursday or Friday.

I think you will like @More Power Tuning ;
Mike definitely aims to please and they are quick to get back with emails and phone calls, revisions are usually no more than three days and a lot of times sooner. One thing I know a lot of people like also is Mike gives a lot of detail when replying to questions or just in general.

Interested to hear how you do at the track next though, I was checking out the weather down there looks like it’s gonna be a hot SOB until Thursday or Friday.
Mike is awesome. He’s very detailed in answering my questions and is trying to do exactly what I want. However, I am most pleased with Unleashed, revisions are daily. He usually sends me a new revision within an hour of me sending him the log. He also responds to emails almost immediately.

Mike is awesome. He’s very detailed in answering my questions and is trying to do exactly what I want. However, I am most pleased with Unleashed, revisions are daily. He usually sends me a new revision within an hour of me sending him the log. He also responds to emails almost immediately.
That’s one thing I liked about unleashed, super quick response. As far as the tuning itself just for me personally my tunes never seemed to "get there" even after maaaany revisions.
Torrie is a Great guy also though But a man of few words if any at all.

That’s one thing I liked about unleashed, super quick response. As far as the tuning itself just for me personally my tunes never seemed to "get there" even after maaaany revisions.
Torrie is a Great guy also though But a man of few words if any at all.
Exactly. Well, everyone has a different experience I’m learning. I’m curious how MPT will do. Mike just sent me the 5th revision.

Well, everyone has a different experience I’m learning.
and that there is a fact, and I've learned throughout the years all trucks are different as well, some mesh perfectly with some companies while others don’t and vice versa.

and that there is a fact, and I've learned throughout the years all trucks are different as well, some mesh perfectly with some companies while others don’t and vice versa.
Yep. Mine seems to love Torries tune, it has no knock, OAR is good for the 91 I can get and power is amazing. It pulls good, the trans tune is my favorite. I can’t say enough positive things. Brett’s tunes are good with my truck too. Mahbe it’s just me, but my truck seems to not like MPTs tune as much. But we’ll see, time will tell.

Discussion starter · #1,115 ·
2023 Raptor bronco 14.7 @ 92mph.......... That's disappointing & 2021 F150 Raptor 14.2 @94........ Thank GAWD for Custom Tuning.......

I can vouch for that..
2023 Raptor bronco 14.7 @ 92mph.......... That's disappointing & 2021 F150 Raptor 14.2 @94........ Thank GAWD for Custom Tuning.......

Drag racing those things.. wut?

I get thats just for comparison puproses, but thats like a one legged race compared to something with normal sized tires.

Discussion starter · #1,119 · (Edited)
Anybody know the part number for the rear UBolts that would be sized right for the removal of my rear blocks? I left the longer ones attached in hopes to cut them down but I found one loose today and the threads damaged on the one at the top... seems stretched too. So I will replace with the 2wd UBbolts now, correct?

Reactions: boostkingMatt
Anybody know the part number for the rear UBolts that would be sized right for the removal of my rear blocks? I let the longer ones attached in hopes to cut them down but U found one loose today and the threads damaged on one. So I will replace with the 2wd UBbolts correct?
I just left mine long as well…. I’m curious about this too

1,101 - 1,120 of 1,883 Posts