F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. I did try a search and found a few similar issues but most were on higher mileage trucks.

I have a small vibration that starts around 50 up to 75mph. Not a major vibration. You can feel it in the seat, steering, and gas pedal.
if I let off the gas, or put it in neutral it completely goes away until I touch the gas again.

Truck info:
2019 F150/XLT/SuperCrew/3.5/2wd/max tow
I only have 477miles on it now but noticed it at about 100miles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
In the first instance I’d suggest taking it back to the dealer of course. It sounds a lot like a driveshaft U-joints or the carrier bearing for the driveshaft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: Stopped by the dealer on the way home. They was a recall for (don’t quote me) Battery adhesive something. He said it may help. They performed the repair in about an hour and it seems better but I will know for sure this weekend and we are taking a little road trip.

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
Yep, I saw that recall on a short run of 19's.

Not sure how it would induce vibration.
There's SO many things on these complicated trucks that can do that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t have a lot of faith that that is the fix but I will report back. Other than that its been perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Little update from the weekend trip. Truck did excellent. Averaged ~23mpg on the interstate. Vibration about 65 is gone. It still exist from 50-65mph. There is also a odd hollow noise that comes with it. Talked to the dealer this morning and the truck will be dropped off Wednesday for a few days. I said keep it as long as needed being I do not daily the truck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had very similar noise and vibration when I test drove mine. It had 55k miles, ended up that they replaced the complete driveshaft and carrier bearing under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts