F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since I like the stock wheels so much and I leveled the front 2", I decided to go with 1.5" spacers and 285/65r18 tires. So with the 1.5" spacers and the additional width, should give me a pretty good stance and look.

Current:

275/65r18

32.1" tall
10.8" wide

New Set up:

1.5" spacer

285/65r18

32.6" Tall
11.2" Wide

Thoughts? I don't think it will rub. I just like the look of the OEM wheels, which for me, I never keep the OEM wheels on a vehicle...... So I figured the 1.5 spacers and wider tire would give it a good stance.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think you will be making a mistake. You are hardly gaining any technical width. Obviously, it will appear wider because of spacer but the 8.5 in stock wheel has you by the balls. Personally, I think you would have to bump to a 9 or 9.5 inch wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understood, but it is the look I am going after and the change to a slightly wider tire than I have now as well........ a tire safe for the stock 7.5 width

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm running 285/65-18s on mine, but changed wheels to 18x8 Lincoln Navigator. Why Ford puts a skinny 7.5 wheel on their trucks is beyond me. As your specs show, the 285 is only marginally taller and wider than a 275, will hardly be noticeable on the stock 7.5 wheel. Spacers that wide aren't a good idea, since they will be like adapters, in that the spacers will bolt to the hub, and the wheels will bolt to the spacers. Next time I'm due for tires, I'm going to go with 305/60-18s. Those will be right at the limit for an 8" wide wheel, but should give a nice wide look, and definitely put more rubber down.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm running 285/65-18s on mine, but changed wheels to 18x8 Lincoln Navigator. Why Ford puts a skinny 7.5 wheel on their trucks is beyond me. As your specs show, the 285 is only marginally taller and wider than a 275, will hardly be noticeable on the stock 7.5 wheel. Spacers that wide aren't a good idea, since they will be like adapters, in that the spacers will bolt to the hub, and the wheels will bolt to the spacers. Next time I'm due for tires, I'm going to go with 305/60-18s. Those will be right at the limit for an 8" wide wheel, but should give a nice wide look, and definitely put more rubber down.
Because skinny tires have less road friction, therefor easier to turn which equals improved fuel economy. I wish they gave us an option for a GOOD offroad tire for 4x4 equipped trucks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm also looking at 285/65/18's using the stock rims (or I'm going to the 17" Raptors). My craptastic GY Fortitudes tread width is only 8" while most 285's are in the 9.1"-9.5" range.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm also looking at 285/65/18's using the stock rims (or I'm going to the 17" Raptors). My craptastic GY Fortitudes tread width is only 8" while most 285's are in the 9.1"-9.5" range.
I'm pretty sure 285/65s will fit a stock 7.5" wide wheel, with no rubbing or clearance issues...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts