F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few months sometimes when I go to start my truck up the truck will lunge forward after you start it up. I don't understand why it's doing this especially if it's in park!! Has anybody who has the 10 speed transmission experienced this. It does this like 1 out of every 10 starts. And it also does it when your driving around and come to stop sometimes you will hear a thud and the truck will move a little bit.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,496 Posts
Better take it in asap.

Reactions: Lisa_B

·
Registered
2017 XLT S-Crew 4x4
77 Posts
Mine does the same sometimes...

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,496 Posts
Seems like it could be kinda dangerous.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There may be a pending recall or TSB on this. Speak up to Ford, they may be unaware. Does it do it on level ground or a slight incline? I'm thinking it may have something to do with hill assist? Ask on the other Ford forums also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There may be a pending recall or TSB on this. Speak up to Ford, they may be unaware. Does it do it on level ground or a slight incline? I'm thinking it may have something to do with hill assist? Ask on the other Ford forums also.
Does it on my level driveway and even in the level parking lot at work.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Found this:
  • Some vehicles may rock or move slightly forward or rearward while in park at start up after cold soak. This condition may be accompanied by a clunk noise. This is a slight movement that is more often seen visually, rather than felt, when viewed from the outside and using the auto-start feature, if equipped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Long story short, my truck has been broke since December 12th. Dealer has parts ordered. Computer wiring harness is burned up, needs a couple new sensors, and who knows what else they will find once they get it running so they can do the transmission checks. I'll keep everybody updated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts