F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread wont be too long, but figured I'd throw together a short mod/build list.

Completed:
-18x9 ProComp Series 7032 wheels
-LT275/70R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3 XLT tires
-Removed rear spacer blocks
-Removed front plate bracket
-20% tints on passenger and driver windows
-Roush intake
-Magnaflow Street Series catback exhaust
-TonnoPro hard fold tonneau cover

To Be Completed:

-TUNE.......once someone finds a way to bypass the encryption. First choice will be Torrie at Unleashed or 5 Star. I may try the JMS boostmax in the meantime, but have no experience with them...thoughts?
-Xpel wrapped front end
-Black and white ford emblems: may pull and paint myself, not sure yet.
-Black LED tail lights once someone has them, hopefully recons.

Guess thats it for now...I will drop some pics in next.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks great so far.

Reactions: Built4Boost

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
753 Posts
Love it. I’m getting those pro comp wheels too.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
XPEL front end wrap done (not much to see obviously).

JMS Boostmax in the mail. Figured I would give it a shot until someone finds their way past Ford's encryption for custom tuning.

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
753 Posts
XPEL front end wrap done (not much to see obviously).

JMS Boostmax in the mail. Figured I would give it a shot until someone finds their way past Ford's encryption for custom tuning. View attachment 172504
JMS Boostmax should be a good option to run for a bit. Man that is a sharp looking truck.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Lookin' good!
Only question is, as long as you lowered it why not a set of more street performance oriented tires? Shocks and anti-sway bars?
I'll also suggest a CAC/intercooler upgrade. KM

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lookin' good!
Only question is, as long as you lowered it why not a set of more street performance oriented tires? Shocks and anti-sway bars?
I'll also suggest a CAC/intercooler upgrade. KM
Thanks man. Honestly, I love the 4x4 street truck look and wish I could lean a little more towards it with some street wheels and tires. But, I do live in New England with some rugged winters and I frequent Vermont and Maine with a snowmobile trailer/dirt bikes etc. So, I try to go best of both worlds with a little lower, level stance while still maintaining some traction and off-road capability.

As far as the CAC/intercooler, that may be on the mod list too in the future...we shall see.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Understand the winter in NE. I live in the snow-belt also, SE WI, and use dedicated winter tires, Hakkapeliitta LT2's to get rolling.

The intercooler upgrade will not add much if any power but it will maintain the power available longer as the heat builds up. The OEM unit is kinda pathetic in getting heat soaked. KM

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Understand the winter in NE. I live in the snow-belt also, SE WI, and use dedicated winter tires, Hakkapeliitta LT2's to get rolling.

The intercooler upgrade will not add much if any power but it will maintain the power available longer as the heat builds up. The OEM unit is kinda pathetic in getting heat soaked. KM
Yeahh thats what I have heard. My 2014 3.5 had terrible heat soak, but I was going to try and give the 2021 2.7 a chance before swapping it out. Your feedback definitely pushes me towards it though.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Roush intake looks great under the hood. Did you notice any hp gain?
Thanks man. Intakes are really just for aesthetics/for the ears. Makes it so you can hear the intake/turbos a littler more. Maybeeee a slight throttle response increase. No noticeable HP.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Decided to have it ceramic coated. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Came out beautiful. Photos don't do it justice.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
753 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts