F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling all tuners and members! I wanted to start a quick thread for the latest and greatest 2021 tuning options and updates.

Currently, there are little to no tuning options for 2021s. Below is what I currently know of based on engine platform. If you know of any more options, please post below! Hopefully as more options open up, this can be a good reference spot for 2021 tuning options.

2.7L
- None

3.5L
- JMS BoostMax

Powerboost
- None

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
115 Posts
If we can look to other brands with encrypted pcms as any indication, then tuning these things just got real expensive for 21.

We’ll have 2 choices:

- Custom Tunes: buy a replacement PCM from a company like HPtuners ($1k+), then pay the familiar tune & device fees.

- Canned Tunes: in-line chips and plug is like Edge Pulsar or Banks Systems for diesels. Very easy but very conservative and basic.

There really can’t be tuning options for an encrypted pcm; it can’t be “cracked;” only replaced.

If it could be, the Ford did a terrible job on the encryption.
Or they shared the key with the aftermarket… which I just don’t see happening for liability reasons that played a role in the decision for encryption to begin with.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Ford Performance offers some handsomely priced tunes in the future!

But I’m ‘a hopin’!!

Reactions: Built4Boost

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Custom tuning will not be available for a while. Ford really cracked down on locking the calibration.

However, Ford Performance will be the first to provide tuning for the platforms by the end of this year. The FP tunes will be the only tunes on the market that have been put thru Ford’s durability test. Not only that but you pass emissions with flying colors.

I really do urge not going the in-line route. Yes they seem “safe” but why would you rely on a piece of hardware that’s tricking a very complex signal? A complete reflash will always be the way to go.

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
115 Posts
I probably shouldn’t have used the word safe. I meant non-invasive, invisible, warranty-friendly-ish. Fixed it!

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Custom tuning will not be available for a while. Ford really cracked down on locking the calibration.

However, Ford Performance will be the first to provide tuning for the platforms by the end of this year. The FP tunes will be the only tunes on the market that have been put thru Ford’s durability test. Not only that but you pass emissions with flying colors.

I really do urge not going the in-line route. Yes they seem “safe” but why would you rely on a piece of hardware that’s tricking a very complex signal? A complete reflash will always be the way to go.
This is the way i would go next time, a Ford Performance tune. Then you know it is safe. Couple of my tunes from some of the “top” tuners are questionable.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the way i would go next time, a Ford Performance tune. Then you know it is safe. Couple of my tunes from some of the “top” tuners are questionable.
I agree. Even if the tunes are pricey, its completely worth it as a one time spend in my opinion. I will definitely be looking to go that route if/when available.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Coming from a 15 2.7 with the 6spd, I'm less concerned with getting more power, and more concerned with settling the 10spd transmission down. Its constantly on the move hunting down the right gear.
Seeing as though this is brand new, id go with the Ford Tuning too for peace of mind and warranty. Roush will probably offer something soon as a package I hope.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts