F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in the 5.0 for this 2022 3.5 Ecoboost. I test drove new ones as that was the plan but found this one with 2000 miles and got a good deal so it’s mine. When test driving the newer 3.5 they were pretty dam quick and torqey when throttling in. The one I picked up seems a little laggy and was thinking it has some adaptive learning into it from the previous owner. Would like to reset it. I asked the dealer but they declined. I have Forscan from the previous F150, wasn’t sure if there were was a way to do it through there or should I try a different dealer to reset it?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Car

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or remove neg battery cable for 10 min i heard that resets learning as well
To be honest I would like to do this if I knew it wouldn’t mess anything else up. You are essentially draining the entire computer system of all memory. I have also read posts that some people have issues just changing a battery out. Technology can be so awesome but so temperamental at times. Just would like to try this as there is a pretty significant difference between the seat of the pants performance of the new trucks I test drove vs the one I purchased that was used (3000 miles). All the same year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts