F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to run out to the sticks tonight and reset my trip B computer before I left. Two lane highway at 55mph, and I was very, very easy on the gas from stops. I am not normally that easy on the gas, but I though I would give it a try tonight. I can get 19mpg without issue most of the time, but that last 2mpg you really have to work at it to get it!

Speedometer Auto part Odometer Measuring instrument Gauge

·
Registered
859 Posts
I haven't been able to get over 20mpg with the stock tune, however running the Edge Tunner I'm able to get around 21. That's running 275/70 BFG All Terrains KO also!

·
Registered
152 Posts
21 is easily attainable for me. I don't know if its my climate or what. Mostly all country roads, and highway, some stop and go. This is over the 1600+ miles I've had the truck Vehicle Electronics Auto part Car Multimedia

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have been getting high teens now that the warm weather is here; no wind and flat highway conditions and I average 20.2mpg at 60-65mph give or take on the speed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are starting to make me feel like I fail. I was getting high 19's at freeway speed, but I sure had to drive nice at 60mph to get that 21. I got the truck last fall so maybe winter gas has had an effect.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am only averaging around 16 driving at 75. My overall average on the 3500 miles so far is just 15.2

·
Registered
152 Posts
I will go ahead and assume this has a lot to do with climate and terrain as well. For what it's worth, mine is mostly flat ground with rolling hills, no mountains or anything.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Damn all of you! Haha im lucky for 14.5 on the highway and thats with keeping my foot out of it! I guess thats the price i've got to pay to be on 35s lol. Average 12.5 both city and highway.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Well 4x4 and big tires won't get you mileage. Ours is two wheel and all stock.
Me too!

I have just noticed about 1.5 mpg increase in the city. I am assuming its a combination of engine break-in and warmer weather. I love my 2wd truck, but im sure that come winter there will be a handful of days that I wish for 4wd. 300 days of better fuel economy and increased towing capabilities make me happy with our decision to go with a 2wd truck.

SPPD

Reactions: TraciInTexas

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is my normal. But I also seem to have a little more miles then you guys lol. Break in all done and mostly freeway driving but I had a chance to snap a pic for y'all to know what 50k still offers for mpg.

Vehicle Car Auto part Odometer Speedometer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts